TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Loneliness If you're feeling lonely, isolated or down and need support and encouragement, this is a forum for you.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
KatNap Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Kat

Points: 8,954, Level: 13 Points: 8,954, Level: 13 Points: 8,954, Level: 13

Cant sleep. Too sad and lonely. - April 8th 2012, 03:47 AM

Boyfriend and I got into a fight. we both did something wrong but im the one asking to talk to him and wanting to work things out. He's ignoring me because I yelled at him. I just called him (again, 2nd time) and he said he was at a pub with his friends and he couldn't talk. And im alone, in my house and my family's gone. My friends are all busy. I hate feeling sorry for myself but im so sad right now. Cant sleep. Just keep crying. I need something to distract me. I feel so pathetic.

How happy is the blameless vestal's lot! / The world forgetting, by the world forgot / Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind! / Each pray'r accepted, and each wish resign'd.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Koharuchan Offline
Skittles Minion
I can't get enough

Name: Haru

Points: 30,098, Level: 25 Points: 30,098, Level: 25 Points: 30,098, Level: 25

Re: Cant sleep. Too sad and lonely. - April 8th 2012, 04:03 AM

Don't call him again tonight; you need to give him some space. If you yelled at him, and got into a fight where you were both in the wrong, he's going to need some time to cool off. Talking about it while he's still upset may only worsen the situation. Try talking to him tomorrow. I know it may be hard, but don't stress too much about this. Try and remember that couples fight sometimes, it happens to us all. A spat with your partner isn't fun, but if you give him some time to cool off and yourself some time to calm down, you can both work it out later. Talking about it when you're both still upset will most likely not do any good, and could possibly lead to another fight.

I love my Big Sleepy Bear.
I still fill my panties; do YOU?
No great artist ever sees things as they really are. If he did, he would cease to be an artist. -Oscar Wilde
Buddy since 12/25/11 Self Expressions mod since 4/23/12 Helplink mentor since 5/9/12 . . . . . .Skittlify.
I was blessed by your companionship from 12/24/01-6/27/13
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Tyr. Offline
Banned
Junior TeenHelper

Points: 9,649, Level: 14 Points: 9,649, Level: 14 Points: 9,649, Level: 14

Re: Cant sleep. Too sad and lonely. - April 8th 2012, 04:12 AM

Write a list of the things you love about him and your relationship. Make it detailed and long.

- Yogi
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Eternal Offline
TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Nicole

Points: 77,763, Level: 39 Points: 77,763, Level: 39 Points: 77,763, Level: 39

Re: Cant sleep. Too sad and lonely. - April 8th 2012, 05:25 AM

The best thing to do right now is to stop trying to contact him. Let him come to you instead.
Fights will happen in any relationship-its a given. What you need to do is be able to work through these problem and grow stronger afterwards. I'm glad that you are willing to talk to him about this, communication is key in a relationship. It sounds like he isn't ready to discuss it yet, so that's why you should let him come to you instead. Its better than making the situation worse by bothering him when he wants to be left alone.
Distract yourself with things you enjoy. Spending time with friends and family can help as well. As does exercise- maybe go for a long walk?
Most importantly, don't stress yourself too much about this. He just needs some time to cool off; nobody stays mad forever.

And here you are living, despite it all.
Lead Moderator | Disputes Committee | HelpLINK Mentor
Closed Thread