TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Home Life, Raising Kids and Managing Money (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f545-home-life-raising-kids-managing-money/)
-   -   Savings account (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f545-home-life-raising-kids-managing-money/t162094-savings-account/)

Silvan September 14th 2021 08:54 AM

Savings account

Sometimes it makes sense to open a bank account especially for savings. Do you have one? If not and you don't want to keep your savings in a piggy bank anymore :) check whether your local bank offers a sensible savings account.

Astro04 September 14th 2021 09:04 AM

Re: Savings account

My mom always told me: for the savings, don't choose a bank. Every month they will take a little part of them for commissions.

MsNobleEleanor October 16th 2021 03:45 AM

I have a savings account. I actually used to have two savings accounts. I am probably going to open an account to save for school (it's a special account where I can lock it for withdrawals for X amount of months or years) and focus on work and savings.

I think it's all possible to do. To save money, even if it's $1 or $5, or $100; it adds up.

Ennui. October 17th 2021 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Astro04 (Post 1371313)
My mom always told me: for the savings, don't choose a bank. Every month they will take a little part of them for commissions.

Maybe it's because we are in different areas, but mine doesn't take money from me? My savings has the same amount in it every month. D:

Everglow. November 2nd 2021 10:28 PM

I have a savings account that was opened by my grandparents when I was born. They used to put 50p a month or so into it. It only had a couple of hundred pounds in it when I was old enough to start using it, but I started saving as soon as I was earning and it's been really good for me. Savings accounts sometimes have higher interest rates than regular bank accounts too, so every year I get a small amount of extra money. It will come in useful when it eventually comes to buying a house. :)

DeletedAccount81 November 24th 2021 06:33 PM

I have a savings account that has been around since I was born.

It's important to have one from an early age, set up either by parents or grandparents, where money can be put towards college tuition and other future expenses of adulthood — such as buying a car, planning for a wedding, putting down payment and setting up a mortgage, etc — as well as other recreational expenses such as going on holidays or other fun events.

Effy2018 November 24th 2021 06:51 PM

I made my own savings account when I switched banks and I love it. I save up so much each year and then the following year me and my daughter have plenty of money to do various different things when she is off school. Its ideal to keep bill money in till they are due to come out as well and to keep track of how much money I can spend each month.