TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Sex and Puberty For questions related to sex, puberty, birth control and sexual health, ask here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 7,133, Level: 12 Points: 7,133, Level: 12 Points: 7,133, Level: 12

Exclamation Period help - May 28th 2012, 06:32 AM

Okay so I am 14 almost 15 and I haven't had my period yet, I know I am lucky and I don't want it but when I do get it I need to know how to tell my mom. We aren't really close and i just need help telling her when it happens so how did all of you tell your mom?
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Harmony♥ Offline
Proud Military Girlfriend
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Shannon

Points: 32,429, Level: 25 Points: 32,429, Level: 25 Points: 32,429, Level: 25

Re: Period help - May 28th 2012, 05:39 PM

I just came right out and said "I think I have gotten my period". So, she went into the hall closet, and brought me a pad. You have to remember: your mom was your age once, and is going through everything you've gone through. Maybe you could ask her when she got her period. It has a lot to do with genetics. My mom got hers at 11, same age as when I got my first period. Maybe your mom was a bit older when she first got hers. If not, I'd contact a doctor just to make sure everything is okay.

I may wear the glass slippers; But my hero wears combat boots <3 I love you, Lieutenant

HelpLink Mentor 6/13/2011
Pregnancy & Childcare Moderator 11/26/2011
Fashion & Style Moderator 12/28/2011
Social Groups Moderator 12/28/2011
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
artlover13 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Maddie

Points: 7,479, Level: 12 Points: 7,479, Level: 12 Points: 7,479, Level: 12

Re: Period help - May 28th 2012, 07:31 PM

Same as you, I was dreading it because I thought it would be really awkward to bring it up with my mom, but when it happened I just said "I think my period's started" and then she showed me where she kept pads and tampons and stuff... Trust me, it won't be nearly as bad as you think it might be, she won't treat it like a big deal...
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
actingenius Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Nikki

Points: 7,797, Level: 12 Points: 7,797, Level: 12 Points: 7,797, Level: 12

Re: Period help - May 28th 2012, 10:15 PM

Hi,

I got mine three years ago this upcoming September. I went to school, (I was in 8th grade), just like normal, but I had a ton of discharge all day. When I got home, my mom was on the phone and I went to the bathroom and my discharge was like orangey brown. So I whispered to my mom and was like, "I think I got my period." She was still talking, but gave me this really excited happy face! Haha it was so funny! Then she asked me if it was alright to tell my younger sister and my dad, and I have no problem with it. My dad sooo doesn't care. So no biggie. That's my story! (Sorry it was so long, lol) It's not NEAR as embarrassing as you think. Just tell her!

Hope I helped and God Bless,
<3, actingenius

LOVE YOURSELF......after all, do you think God would make you a failure if He modeled you AFTER HIMSELF, who is perfect in every way?

I <3 Tampons!
I <3 Texas Boys!
I <3 my besties!!
I <3 Foster the People
I <3 French Fries!
I <3 Chocolate!
I <3 Theatre Arts!
I <3 BHS!!!
I <3 being me!

Just got into AMTC.......Actors, Models, and Talent for Christ.....Google it!

Closed Thread