TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Sex and Puberty For questions related to sex, puberty, and similar topics, ask here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Always * Offline
I can't get enough

Oral - July 10th 2012, 09:56 PM

Ok, so I am always worried that it'll, ermmmm, smell down there. Obviously if you wash down there it should be fine.... But still how do you know if it's going to be ok down there or not? Like would someone notice even if you JUST had a shower like an hour or 2 before seeing them? I am very conscientious of things being clean, and not just like "I enjoy my showers" kinda way, not that my house keeping skills are really relevant to this post so I won't go off topic... Plus as I am also bi (not 100% sure if I am just bicurious or bisexual) I am REALLY worried about another girls hoo hah..... Am I being irrational? Or what's the deal here? Like is it normal to have a bit of a smell there as long as it isn't a bad smell or what?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Chazzz Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Charlotte

Re: Oral - July 10th 2012, 10:28 PM

As Eve Ensler said, "My vagina doesn't need to be cleaned up. It smells good already. Don't try to decorate. Don't believe him when he tells you it smells like rose petals when it's supposed to smell like pussy. That's what they're doing -- trying to clean it up, make it smell like bathroom spray or a garden. All those douche sprays -- floral, berry, rain. I don't want my pussy to smell like rain. All cleaned up like washing a fish after you cook it. I want to taste the fish. That's why I ordered it."

Clearly quite a drastic point of view there but essentially, every vagina has a smell, they're supposed to. There are plenty of feminine cleansing products you can buy if this makes you feel more secure but so long as you adhere by general hygiene rules, you'll be just fine.And you're not alone, I'm pretty sure every woman has probably asked themselves this question at one time or another.

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Brandon Offline
I can't get enough

Name: Brandon

Re: Oral - July 10th 2012, 11:24 PM

It all depends on what kind of relationships you are pursuing. If a guy is interested in a one night stand, then he's strictly sexually attracted to you and wants to indulge in those sexual desires. When a guy goes down on a woman he's only sexually interested in, he expects it to be:

1) Trimmed or shaved and
2) Clean

There are guys who want a mountain of hair on their partner's vagina, but modern American society doesn't really approve of that too much.

It's a one-night stand. He's probably gonna talk about you with his friends, what was good and what was bad, and if you smelled like a fish market...he'd probably remember you as that chick who had a smelly pussy. For women it could be the same thing...the cum was disgusting or his dick was too small. Stuff like that.

But once we get into the areas with relationships, the emotions get more serious. If you've ever been to Disneyworld or worked a day in your life, you'll know that you'll eventually sweat. Vaginas sweat, and it turns out that sweat can make vaginas smell bad. If you plan on having a boyfriend/girlfriend, then you have to accept the fact that you may be around them after a hard day's work with a smelly vagina. There's nothing wrong with it because you couldn't do anything about it. What are you gonna do? Stick a air freshener up your vagina? A bar of soap? It's nothing to be ashamed of or freaking out over because a simple shower and proper cleaning will do the trick. One time I had to lay in bed naked while my girlfriend cleaned her vagina and shaved just so I could go down on her. It's worth the wait, and it's nothing to stress about because...believe me, when guys grow up...their balls sweat also, and that shit stinks. Vaginas naturally don't smell good. They either are odorless, or they smell bad. Every other smell my girlfriend has had was the result of her vagina soap, body soap, etc. I'm pretty sure it's the same with every woman also.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Tigerlily. Offline
Rawr
I can't get enough

Name: Cheye

Re: Oral - July 10th 2012, 11:28 PM

Personally I used to always worry about that, but after seeing this video, not so much. She basically tells you how actually you should be using douches and only soap on the outside, other than that, you shouldn't really do much in that area because the vagina is self-cleaning and it does have a certain smell. But if you are really worried about the smell, you can just dab some perfume on he inside of your thighs. Other than that, they have a distinct smell and really the only time to worry about the smell is if it's really bad and/or really strong, and then you might have an infection.

Resident old person, back from much needed, multiple year hiatus.

HelpLINK Mentor(1/28/11)Live Help Operator(5/28/11)Social Networking Team(2/9/12)Rape and Abuse Forum Moderator(2/11/12)Articles Team(7/17/12)Sex and Puberty Forum Moderator(7/28/12)Fashion and Style Forum Moderator(9/23/12)Chat Mod(10/13/12)Buddy(11/18/12)
  Send a message via MSN to Tigerlily. Send a message via Yahoo to Tigerlily. Send a message via Skype™ to Tigerlily. 
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Coffee. Offline
Condom Queen
TeenHelp Addict

Name: Traci

Re: Oral - July 10th 2012, 11:33 PM

Vaginas don't smell like roses. They have their own odor (I like to think of it as an aroma ) However, some men don't actually mind the smell. I was talking to my partner, for example, and he said he's never noticed a bad smell with mine at all. I was surprised, since I'm always so self conscious about it, but really, they don't smell as bad as we think they do. Sure, after a day out with sweating, they won't smell great. You won't smell great overall. But on a normal day? It's really not that bad.

For cleaning, I would say rinse with water. NO DOUCHING. Soap is not NECESSARY, water does the same trick, but if you choose to use a soap, use a nonscented hypoallergenic soap. I've had good luck with regular Dial soap if you have that in your area. Other soaps give me rashes, although I do have sensitive skin (allergic to latex as well.)

Last, if you're still self conscious, put some purfume in between your thighs before he goes down. No perfume near the vulva though! Good luck!

PS: Watch the video Cheye gave. I took a lot of my tips from that video. She's an amazing educator!

I said to the sun, "Tell me about the big bang"
& the sun said “it hurts to become."
Andrea Gibson, "I Sing The Body Electric; Especially When My Power Is Out"
  Send a message via MSN to Coffee.  
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Arcenciel Offline
Child and Youth Care Worker
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Jen

Re: Oral - July 10th 2012, 11:46 PM

The others who have posted have given you some fantastic information. I just wanted to throw in that the video cheye posted is fantastic, and the girl who did that video (lacigreen) is amazing. Her videos are legit

Be well!
Jen

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Always * Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Oral - July 11th 2012, 12:25 AM

Yeah, no, I mean, like I said, I am a really clean person and always clean "down there" and eat really healthy (well, most of the time haha), I still worry though that despite that it might not be good enough if someone actually got down there know what I mean... But yeah like I said I am QUITE conscientious of cleanliness and the only "scent" is quite mild... But yeah the movie Cheye put up is actually QUITE useful, and apparently I am doing everything right haha ... So I'm guessing I am worried about nothing

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Heathen Offline
Beauty and Bedlam
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jordan

Re: Oral - July 11th 2012, 09:01 PM

What people forget is that vaginas (and penises, for that matter) have a natural smell of their own. If the person is healthy and hygienic, there is nothing to be worried about. So shower regularly, but don't feel the need to go shove a stick of deodorant up there right before sex, and don't scrub yourself raw with all kinds of Cherry blossom pomegranate peach apricot shit. Believe it or not, a vagina can taste like soap if a woman over-cleans right before sex, and THAT is unpleasant. Your partner wants to taste YOU, not your body wash.

As long as you shower regularly, wear breathable clothing, and all that you don't need to worry.

The moon asked the crow
For a little show
In the hazy milk of twilight
No one had to know
The moon asked the crow...
  Send a message via Yahoo to Heathen  
Closed Thread