TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Sex and Puberty (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f6-sex-puberty/)
-   -   When will puberty start (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f6-sex-puberty/t111474-when-will-puberty-start/)

eob2000 October 21st 2012 10:27 PM

When will puberty start

Hello I'm an 11 year old boy and I'm concerned that I haven't started puberty at the right time all I'm having is infrequent erections and that's it. Is that normal?

Tigerlily. October 21st 2012 10:37 PM

Re: When will puberty start

You're only 11, some boys your age have hit puberty and many haven't. Don't worry about it too much, the wonderful curse that is puberty will be bestowed upon you shortly enough.

Doodle. October 21st 2012 11:44 PM

It will start eventually :) I would panic when I was 12 that I hadn't had a period yet. Appreciate your childhood. :P puberty is lame.

Psyke October 22nd 2012 05:55 AM

Puberty, for males, can start anywhere between 12 and 16 years of age.

Don't worry about it, lol. You're going to go through puberty, assuming you're not dead beforehand, of course. Once you start growing pubic hair, you've started puberty.

NevermindMe October 23rd 2012 08:01 PM

As others have said, it will happen eventually. Don't worry about it *too* much.

- Justin

Francois October 23rd 2012 09:22 PM

It will happen when it happens. And when it happens, IT SUCKS. You're going to want sex and not be able to get it, your hormones will be going haywire, you will not be able to hold a conversation with a girl without your mind drifting places, and a whole crap load of other things. Enjoy childhood while it lasts kid. Puberty is just the shitty part in between childhood and adulthood, and that is the two good parts.

SamMarie October 24th 2012 01:13 AM

Puberty is different for everyone. It all takes time. You aren't the only 11 year old guy who hasn't gone through it yet. It will come though! Good luck :)

~Divergent~ October 24th 2012 02:04 AM

My brother is almost 12 and he hasn't started puberty yet, so don't worry about it. It will start soon enough. Honestly, once it does start, it's pretty much just a nuisance and you're going to wish it hadn't, so enjoy your childhood while you still can :)

lolking101 November 4th 2012 01:17 AM

Hey, it can start anywhere mine started 2 years ago, and trust me its not fun.
With always drifting off while talkin to girls, frequent erections etc...

Harmony♥ November 4th 2012 03:59 AM

Puberty begins for everyone at different ages since no person is the same. I began puberty when I was around 10-11, while most of my male classmates didn't start until the age of 12-13. Girls start puberty, most often, before boys do. There is no right or wrong age to begin. It will come in time. Since you're getting random erections, this is a good example that puberty has begun.

Validity November 4th 2012 04:06 AM

Hey there mate, don't want to rush into puberty, enjoy the sensation time without it. My uncle didn't start puberty until he was 17-18, it differs between everybody.

Jay.