TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Sex and Puberty For questions related to sex, puberty, birth control and sexual health, ask here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
myimmortal Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Safiya

Points: 6,820, Level: 12 Points: 6,820, Level: 12 Points: 6,820, Level: 12

Exclamation Please help me :( period question - March 1st 2013, 10:35 PM

ok so I've had my period for about a year now, and I have had a moderate flow. This month though, the flow is really heavy. The heavy flow doesn't concern me but what does is that about an hour ago I used the restroom, and my pad was clean. I walked my dog right after, for about 15-20 minutes,and the minute I got home, I had soaked through my pad and my underwear. There was also two hard rubbery clots of blood and weird orange colored stuff. Right after all this heavy soaking and clotting and whatnot, my 'lady parts' are a bit sore and my abdominal area aches. I wear always infinity heavy flow pads which usually last me 3-4 hours, so I don't know why i soaked through it so fast. Also, im 14 years old, and I haven't had sex. Please help me out here ._.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
CrystalJade Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Points: 14,857, Level: 17 Points: 14,857, Level: 17 Points: 14,857, Level: 17

Re: Please help me :( period question - March 2nd 2013, 06:32 AM

It could have just been a clot and when you exercised it got it to come out then it just all came out like crazy. I'm not 100% though, it just kind of seems like that to me.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount17

Edit avatar

Re: Please help me :( period question - March 2nd 2013, 09:59 AM

Hey, Safiya.

I haven't had that much of a heavy flow but I've had what you mentioned in there, the clots of blood was simply a blood clot. Where it stays in there for a bit and kinda builds up for a while and then comes out like that. The fact that you took a walk with your dog makes sense because it helps you to continue with your flow. Any form of exercise does. It's actually a healthy thing. Same thing happens to me when I exercise during my period.

As for the sore lady parts and the abdominal pain, I've gotten that on heavy flows and sometimes on normal ones. It all sounds normal but I'd talk to your mom about soaking through a heavy flow pad because that's kinda a lot and then maybe talk to the school nurse or go see a doctor. Good luck, hope you feel better!

Hope I helped a bit.

Last edited by DeletedAccount17; March 2nd 2013 at 10:04 AM.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Little Lion Man
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Katie

Points: 11,382, Level: 15 Points: 11,382, Level: 15 Points: 11,382, Level: 15

Re: Please help me :( period question - March 2nd 2013, 04:03 PM

If you continue bleeding that quickly on this period, please tell your mother. That's not good, because it can lead to anemia and other fun things.
If your periods continue to be like this, it's worth telling a doctor, because this sort of thing isn't fun. And don't be worried about telling your doctor. They hear about that sort of thing all the time, and they won't think it's weird or gross.

Sorry I couldn't be there, I was tied to a rocking chair.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
shanrocks Offline
ShanRocks
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 6,740, Level: 12 Points: 6,740, Level: 12 Points: 6,740, Level: 12

Re: Please help me :( period question - March 3rd 2013, 12:15 AM

I've always had a extremely heavy flow and unbearable cramps, birth Control fixes both of those. Since my symptoms were so severe my pediatric put me on it when I was 14 years old. Now i'm 18 and I don't know what I'll do if I ever have to stop taking it. Its my godsend. Tell you mom about this, if u continue bleeding this heavily . Doctor advice would be good idea.

Closed Thread