TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Sex and Puberty (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f6-sex-puberty/)
-   -   Female Advice Preferred: Please help me :( period question (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f6-sex-puberty/t116526-please-help-me-period-question/)

myimmortal March 1st 2013 10:35 PM

Please help me :( period question

ok so I've had my period for about a year now, and I have had a moderate flow. This month though, the flow is really heavy. The heavy flow doesn't concern me but what does is that about an hour ago I used the restroom, and my pad was clean. I walked my dog right after, for about 15-20 minutes,and the minute I got home, I had soaked through my pad and my underwear. There was also two hard rubbery clots of blood and weird orange colored stuff. Right after all this heavy soaking and clotting and whatnot, my 'lady parts' are a bit sore and my abdominal area aches. I wear always infinity heavy flow pads which usually last me 3-4 hours, so I don't know why i soaked through it so fast. Also, im 14 years old, and I haven't had sex. Please help me out here ._.

CrystalJade March 2nd 2013 06:32 AM

Re: Please help me :( period question

It could have just been a clot and when you exercised it got it to come out then it just all came out like crazy. I'm not 100% though, it just kind of seems like that to me.

DeletedAccount17 March 2nd 2013 09:59 AM

Hey, Safiya. :)

I haven't had that much of a heavy flow but I've had what you mentioned in there, the clots of blood was simply a blood clot. Where it stays in there for a bit and kinda builds up for a while and then comes out like that. The fact that you took a walk with your dog makes sense because it helps you to continue with your flow. Any form of exercise does. It's actually a healthy thing. Same thing happens to me when I exercise during my period.

As for the sore lady parts and the abdominal pain, I've gotten that on heavy flows and sometimes on normal ones. It all sounds normal but I'd talk to your mom about soaking through a heavy flow pad because that's kinda a lot and then maybe talk to the school nurse or go see a doctor. Good luck, hope you feel better! :)

Hope I helped a bit.

Apple Orchard Ghost March 2nd 2013 04:03 PM

If you continue bleeding that quickly on this period, please tell your mother. That's not good, because it can lead to anemia and other fun things.
If your periods continue to be like this, it's worth telling a doctor, because this sort of thing isn't fun. And don't be worried about telling your doctor. They hear about that sort of thing all the time, and they won't think it's weird or gross.

shanrocks March 3rd 2013 12:15 AM

I've always had a extremely heavy flow and unbearable cramps, birth Control fixes both of those. Since my symptoms were so severe my pediatric put me on it when I was 14 years old. Now i'm 18 and I don't know what I'll do if I ever have to stop taking it. Its my godsend. Tell you mom about this, if u continue bleeding this heavily . Doctor advice would be good idea.