TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Sex and Puberty For questions related to sex, puberty, birth control and sexual health, ask here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
<3
Junior TeenHelper

Points: 17,946, Level: 19 Points: 17,946, Level: 19 Points: 17,946, Level: 19

Cramps after Period? - June 8th 2013, 08:37 AM

Usually my period gives me a heads up before it starts. A few days before I'll get mild cramps that come and go throughout the day.

Last time I had my period it did this, but I also kept cramping after the period was over. It only lasted a two or three days before going back to normal.

Now this LAST time (the one I just got off of) I didn't get any cramps before my period started, and it seems like I cramped more this time than I have other times. My period officially ended yesterday, but I'm still cramping. There's no blood or discharge. I'm not sexually active and I have no known illnesses that involve the female anatomy.

I've never gone to see a Gynecologist (mostly because I've never had a reason to and because I'm not sexually active-- and have never been)

Is this normal? Should I be worried? I looked up a bunch of stuff online and have come across a lot of possibilities (some of which were majorly concerning).

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Coffee. Offline
Condom Queen
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Traci
Pronouns: she/her/hers

Points: 95,373, Level: 44 Points: 95,373, Level: 44 Points: 95,373, Level: 44

Re: Cramps after Period? - June 12th 2013, 09:38 AM

I'm not a doctor, but this doesn't sound abnormal to me. I have cramps before, through, and a bit after my period. But I'd recommend you see a gynecologist anyway, reason being, you need to see one around your age regardless of if you're sexually active. It's just getting to be time. Usually in the US, you get your first pap around age 21 whether or not you're sexually active. So, I recommend seeing a doctor, talking about your symptoms, and get a test. But I wouldn't rush, this doesn't sound super scary or concerning.

something burning?
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
<3
Junior TeenHelper

Points: 17,946, Level: 19 Points: 17,946, Level: 19 Points: 17,946, Level: 19

Re: Cramps after Period? - June 21st 2013, 08:50 PM

Thank you! My next period will be coming soon, so I'll wait and see if it does it again. If it does, I'll consider getting an appointment with a gynecologist.

Closed Thread