TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Sex and Puberty For questions related to sex, puberty, birth control and sexual health, ask here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Agony Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Points: 17,345, Level: 19 Points: 17,345, Level: 19 Points: 17,345, Level: 19

Unusual period? - July 15th 2013, 05:40 AM

Lately I've been wondering if something is wrong with my period. I know that every girl is different and that many things can cause a change in your period, but mine just keeps getting weirder and weirder.
My last period was two weeks late, so there was six weeks inbetween. I have really light periods, but this one was even lighter than most. The first day was normal, the second was a little lighter than most, the third day it skipped, forth day is skipped and fifth day was extremely light and then it ended. I don't really get cramps often but the first day I felt sick and had really bad back pain, which was unusual. The second day I felt normal an continued to feel normal for the rest of the period.
My diet hasn't really changed and neither has my work out acivity. I'm still just as stressed as before, if anything I've not been as stressed. My period never comes on the same date of every month, but normally it's still within the same week of the previous one.
I know y'all aren't professionals but I was just wondering if maybe this happened to you before or if you knew anything that could be causing this?

Thanks for reading,
Ash

When I'm sad I think, "I got a jar of dirt, I got a jar of dirt!"

You can't change fate, but you can change your attitude towards it.
Former user: xArchDreamerx

Became a HelpLINK mentor on July 13th, 2013
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Jack Lowden Offline
Afternoon.
Outside, huh?

Points: 45,116, Level: 30 Points: 45,116, Level: 30 Points: 45,116, Level: 30

Re: Unusual period? - July 15th 2013, 05:42 AM

That's normal. You just have an irregular period. If you're concerned, you can always ask your doctor, of course. But I was the same way until I went on birth control at 18-years-old.
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Agony Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Unusual period? - July 15th 2013, 05:46 AM

Alright, thanks. I was beginning to get worried and irritated because I never know when it's going to come.
Glad to know someone else has experienced this, all my friends thought it was something abnormal.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Jack Lowden Offline
Afternoon.
Outside, huh?

Re: Unusual period? - July 15th 2013, 05:56 AM

Nah, I know tons of people who were the same way at your age. I think it's genetics too, so you may want to ask your mom if she's had that problem. My mom said she had an irregular period until she was 19 or 20, so I wasn't too concerned even at 18. You can always go on birth control to help with that, lots of girls do. It's just something to ask your doctor about & what they think you should do if you want to make it more regular.
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Agony Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Unusual period? - July 15th 2013, 06:04 AM

I've talked to my about it before, she said her period was fine when she was my age. I also started later than she did.
I'm also currently growing, I guess that could effect it, probably should have mentioned that lol.
I've thought about getting on birth control but some of my older friends said it made their periods heavier, so I'm deciding which one is worse. A heavy period or a random one. Then again everyone is different so I might just try it out and see what happens, I know my mom will take me to a doctor to get some.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Jack Lowden Offline
Afternoon.
Outside, huh?

Re: Unusual period? - July 15th 2013, 07:48 PM

Personally, my birth control started out with periods being a bit heavier, but now they're light & tolerable. Maybe just ask your doctor about it next time you're in. There are different types of birth control, so they can help you find the one that would be best for you, if you decide to go that route.
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Ennui. Offline
Living the dream.

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Dez
Pronouns: She/They

Points: 172,204, Level: 59 Points: 172,204, Level: 59 Points: 172,204, Level: 59

Re: Unusual period? - July 16th 2013, 12:50 AM

You're right that everyone is different, and sometimes it even depends on the pill. I've been on three different pills now and I can't say that my pill has made me worryingly heavy. For me personally, it's heavier for a few days then it gets lighter again. But, it's nowhere near as bad as it used to be (i.e. when I wake up in the morning and get up I don't gush anymore). Basically when you start birth control carry a pad/tampon with you just in case (and also for sanitary reasons) and everything will even out. If you have concerns about the pill you're on after a few months of letting it work you can always try another.

Do you ever get a little bit tired of life
Like you're not really happy but you don't wanna die
Like you're hanging by a thread but you gotta survive
'Cause you gotta survive
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
Cece16thnote Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Sierra

Points: 7,207, Level: 12 Points: 7,207, Level: 12 Points: 7,207, Level: 12

Re: Unusual period? - July 16th 2013, 01:59 AM

Mine was like that as well. I had a really bad spell one summer. I noticed that it was mostly because i saw my aunts a little but more. And sense our periods don't level out for around 10 years i was every where with it. As long as you are paying attention to your self and see if it levels out after a little while longer. i wouln't worry to much about it though.

CeCe

"Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever." - Lance Armstrong
Closed Thread