TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Sex and Puberty For questions related to sex, puberty, birth control and sexual health, ask here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Iloveliam Offline
One direction luv
Not a n00b

Name: Abbey

Points: 7,383, Level: 12 Points: 7,383, Level: 12 Points: 7,383, Level: 12

? About my period - January 1st 2014, 04:58 PM

I got my first period on November 26th 2013 and had my 2nd period on December 26th 2013 and tomorrow I am "babysitting" at tae-kwon-do and it would be hard to sneke a pad into the bathroom there with all the kids......
My period was lite the last 2 days more then it has been and my best friend was there and she said I was starting 2 get off it but I'm still bleeding 2 days later.....
Do u think I will be off tomorrow?????
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
taylalatbh. Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Taylala

Points: 27,528, Level: 23 Points: 27,528, Level: 23 Points: 27,528, Level: 23

Re: ? About my period - January 1st 2014, 05:14 PM

Since it's your first few cycles, there's just no way of knowing how long they will last each time. Chances are though, if it's becoming lighter, it's probably coming to the end of it but still be cautious and prepared. It will take a good few months to become regular so be aware of this.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
~Divergent~ Offline
Struggling again.
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Hailey

Points: 16,271, Level: 18 Points: 16,271, Level: 18 Points: 16,271, Level: 18

Re: ? About my period - January 1st 2014, 05:20 PM

Hey there!

Congratulations on getting your first period recently! It sounds to me like it will either be over by tomorrow, or it will probably be light enough that you won't have to worry about putting on a new pad while you're at tae-kwon-do. What I would do is just put on a pad right before you leave to go to class, and change it as soon as you get home. I'm guessing the class isn't more than an hour? If you're worried about leaking, you could wear a thicker/longer pad than usual. Good luck, and I hope this helps!

Member since 9/27/12
Buddy since 9/14/13
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
hocus pocus Offline
Feline the love.

TeenHelp Addict

Pronouns: She/her

Points: 120,700, Level: 49 Points: 120,700, Level: 49 Points: 120,700, Level: 49

Re: ? About my period - January 1st 2014, 06:57 PM

Hey.

As others have mentioned, it's really hard to tell for a while until you're regular. How old are the kids? I'm guessing if they're young enough, they won't know what a pad is. If you're worried about the noise, you can open it before you leave and just close it again so the wrapper won't be audible. You could keep pads in your purse, a jacket (if the pockets are big enough). Since it's light you should be okay. However, if you're worried you can wear an overnight pad. Always Infinitely pads are pretty good.

Good luck!

If clarity's in death, then why won't this die?
Years of tearing down our banners, you and I
Living for the thrill of hitting you where it hurts
Give me back my girlhood, it was mine first

The axe forgets, but the tree remembers
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
NotExactlyCrazy Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Charlie
Location: Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning

Points: 7,454, Level: 12 Points: 7,454, Level: 12 Points: 7,454, Level: 12

Re: ? About my period - January 2nd 2014, 01:53 AM

Your first few periods will be fairly unpredictable. Have you thought of using a tampon? They take some of the worry out of having a period. If you are comfortable, before tae-kwon-do, put in a tampon (buy juniors, slim, light, or extra small fit) that should hold you over for several hours. Otherwise, don't worry too much about it. If you wear a heavy-flow pad you will DEFINITELY be all set, and because this is only your second period and late in your cycle at that, you should be just spotting and should be good to go! Good luck girly!
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Ennui. Offline
Living the dream.

TeenHelp Superstar

Name: Dez
Pronouns: She/They

Points: 172,473, Level: 59 Points: 172,473, Level: 59 Points: 172,473, Level: 59

Re: ? About my period - January 3rd 2014, 01:21 AM

Hi there,

Since you're still relatively new with your period, it is hard to tell when you will end it. Sometimes when a girl first starts her period, their cycle length or when they get their period may be a little irregular, but normally it regulates over time. If you ever have any questions about your period and what changes are happening with your body, talk to a trusted female in your life or a doctor.

The others have given you loads of great suggestions. Do you have a bag or a purse that you would be able to bring with you? If so, that's a great place to keep a pad since you can bring it into the restroom. Or, I put my pads in a sweater pocket because I have one that zips up, but if you have a sweater or pants with deep enough pockets it still may work. Or, if you have a lot of belongings you can nestle it beneath some of them so it's more hidden.

But, even though it's embarrassing, I'd still bring a pad or tampon with you, just in case. You wouldn't want to need to change your pad and be caught without one, because that can turn more embarrassing than bringing a pad depending on how badly it needs to be changed!

I use Always Infinity pads like Cassie suggested, so if you have a heavier flow or are afraid you won't be able to change your pad right away you can use some of those, but if you can find a way to change your pad I probably would, just because it feels a lot more sanitary and clean when you have a clean pad rather than walking around in it.

Haaave fun! Congratulations though.

-Dez

Do you ever get a little bit tired of life
Like you're not really happy but you don't wanna die
Like you're hanging by a thread but you gotta survive
'Cause you gotta survive
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Iloveliam Offline
One direction luv
Not a n00b

Name: Abbey

Points: 7,383, Level: 12 Points: 7,383, Level: 12 Points: 7,383, Level: 12

Re: ? About my period - January 3rd 2014, 02:50 AM

Hi everyone thank you for the answers but I just wore a panty liner and it worked I'm off now…..........

-since all my stuff is in the front of the dojoang and the bathrooms are in the back my jacket wouldn't be near me
-I don't carry a purse
-my tae-kwon-do uniform does not have pockets
-it's not just like a hour when I'm working like I was and are again tomorrow it's from 8am to 7:30pm
<><><><><><><><>ThAnKiEs To EvErYoNe ThAt AnSwErEd<><><><><><><><>
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
Lelola Offline
I've been here a while

Points: 11,504, Level: 15 Points: 11,504, Level: 15 Points: 11,504, Level: 15

Re: ? About my period - January 3rd 2014, 04:19 AM

In the future, you may want to consider sticking a few pads in the room when you are there. Other people may use them though.
Closed Thread