TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Sex and Puberty For questions related to sex, puberty, and similar topics, ask here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
JJDaly Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Need urgent help. - May 28th 2014, 03:59 AM

So, recently me and my bf had sex. Don't worry, it's legal in Canada. Bear in mind this happened 2 weeks ago. He used a condom during our session and after it was finished, I went on living life happily. However, recently, I've been having all sorts of weird symptoms and I'm worried I might be pregnant. For one, my period is late. I feel nauseous and have cramps all over my body. I don't know what to do and what to tell my boyfriend because I'm afraid he won't take it very well. I especially don't know what to tell my parents. Even if I am pregnant, I don't wanna kill my baby. I think that this is wrong, even if it still is an embryo. So, it's a big dilemma for me. I wouldn't know what to do after pregnancy, and I'd like to finish school. I'm only in 8th grade, so I don't want to drop out of school. I even want to go to college and get a masters degree. Please help.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Moyshi Offline
i am jack's smirking revenge
I've been here a while

Re: Need urgent help. - May 28th 2014, 04:38 AM

Hey there,

The first thing you need to do is take a pregnancy test. You can buy a pregnancy test in a grocery store, pharmacy, etc. If it has been 14 days since you had sex, you can take the test and the results should be accurate. Once you take the test and get a result, then you can figure out what the next step is.

Many things can cause a period to be late. Stress can be a huge factor as to why it can be delayed, so try to relax. (Easier said then done, I know!) Talking to someone you trust may help with the stress, and definitely taking a pregnancy test can ease your mind.

I understand that a pregnancy scare can be extremely overwhelming and stressful experience. It's great that you used a condom because when used properly it will protect you against pregnancy and STI's. In the future, if you continue to engage in sexual activities, consider getting a prescription for the birth control pill. Using both a condom and the pill properly and together will definitely help in making sex safer for you and your partner. This way, if the condom fails, the birth control pill will act as a back up and put your mind at ease.

I hope this helped a bit.
Take care. :]

A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
gdheiwmow Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Need urgent help. - May 28th 2014, 09:05 AM

Chances are you're just having an unusual period this time. It happens sometimes, especially when you're younger. And if it makes you feel any better, morning sickness doesn't show up that early in a pregnancy.

As previously suggested, take a pregnancy test if you are unsure.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
THE FAPMAN Offline
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Mr. Fap

Re: Need urgent help. - May 28th 2014, 03:33 PM

Hope this is a lesson that you shouldnt have sex if you cant handle a baby really...
To the helping stuffs:
2 weeks ago? Sure, get a pregnancy test. In my country you can get it in the pharmacy store, its dirt cheap and you dont have to sign anything. Its your best call really. Also, i havent read the two posts before me, but as ive heard from sites and people, you at 15 years of age dont really have a steady period so its not "really" a fact. To the nausea: It can be a psychological effect really. Youre stressing out a lot and your brain is like: Lets give you nausea so you can freak out even more.. -.- I know how it feels.
Also, if you plan on staying on TeenHelp, you should consider making more specific titles. Instead of "need of urgent help" or "help" or "what do i do?" and stuffs like that just make a short title.
Possibly pregnant?
Weird symptoms - maybe pregnant
Maybe pregnant - help

Ya know, use the imagination.
In the meanwhile, good luck with everything, im sure it will be okay if he put the condom properly and that youve learned your lesson.
Good luck

(#5 (permalink)) Old
taylalatbh. Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Taylala

Re: Need urgent help. - May 28th 2014, 05:37 PM

You could be pregnant, but it could be your body messing with you. At 15, chances are your periods aren't completely regular, so that could be an issue. Also, if you've been worrying about this, that could delay it as well.

Once it's been about 14 days since the sex, you can take a pregnancy test. You shouldn't let yourself worry about anything until you know for sure. Don't worry about abortions, college or telling anyone until you're sure. Otherwise you're letting yourself and others worry when there isn't any need to.

If you used the condom correctly then you shouldn't be pregnant, but there's always that chance.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
JJDaly Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Need urgent help. - May 29th 2014, 12:06 AM

Well, I took 2 pregnancy tests and.... I'm pregnant. What do I do?!

(#7 (permalink)) Old
taylalatbh. Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Taylala

Re: Need urgent help. - May 29th 2014, 09:23 PM

Speak with a trusted adult, you will need someone for support. Then you can go and see a doctor and get a definitive result. If it's all confirmed then you should tell your parents. They're going to find out one way or another so you might as well let them know from the beginning.

Closed Thread