TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives    The Holiday Resource

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Sex and Puberty For questions related to sex, puberty, and similar topics, ask here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Kdkoolness Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Kierra

Unhappy Please help - September 14th 2014, 01:12 AM

So im an 11 year old girl, not necassarilly a teen but i still need help. I have started puberty a while ago, but i do not have my period. There are two things i need to know, one main one but if you can help with both that would be great. So the most important one is that i have been getting pissed and everything and everyone for a while. I know that usually happens during your period, but as i said i dont have mine. I really need to know why that is happening and how to help it. That brings me into my second question, will i be getting my period soon? My mom got hers when she was 14 and my older sister got hers when she was 13, and on other websites that didnt quite answer my questions said that my face and hair would get greasier, which they are, and i have had the white substance in my underwear for about 6 months. Any help is apreciated :/

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Kate* Offline
Newsletter Tips Writer
Outside, huh?

Name: Katie

Re: Please help - September 14th 2014, 01:41 AM

Hello there and welcome to TH

While mood swings are more likely to happen during or right before your period, that isn't the only time they can happen. Its a common sign of puberty, but if it's concerning you beyond what you would consider "normal" it couldn't hurt to talk to a parent or doctor about it. As for when you will actually start your period, it's really hard to say. While it's common to start around the same age as your mom and sister, it can start anywhere between the ages of 9 and 16. The discharge in your underwear is normal too, as long as you don't have any other symptoms such as stomach pain, frequent urination which could be a sign of a UTI or yeast infection. If it concerns you, your mom or doctor would be a good person to ask about it. I know it's embarrassing, but that's what they're there for.

LHO: March 31, 2008- October 13, 2012

"Freedom is what you do with what's been done to you." Jean Paul Sarte

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Always * Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Please help - September 14th 2014, 03:24 AM

I think Kate* nailed a lot of what I wanted to say. But it's worth noting that you aren't necessarily going to be like your mom. My mom didn't get her period until she was 14, but I was still 10 when I got mine. But I hit puberty sooner than her, I am a bigger, curvier person, whereas she's tiny and took after later... And by bigger I mean more solid and taller, not cause I am heavy

So you might be taking after another family member.

Even if you aren't getting your period yet, you have reached puberty by the sounds of it. Many girls between 10 and 14 years old tend to be moodier for no apparent reason because of hormonal changes in the body. It won't necessarily be like that for all those years, just depends what's happening in you body as you mature. You might get your period in a week or a year for all I know.

If your worried I'd talk to your mom, but I am guessing this makes you uncomfortable (it made me uncomfortable!). But keep it in mind if nothing changes.

Feel free to PM me if you ever need to chat or have questions

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Every note makes up a symphony
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Kat

Re: Please help - September 14th 2014, 10:34 PM

In my opinion, you shouldn't worry about it :-)

Hormones can fluctuate regardless of if you're going to get your period or not. It could be anything from a change in the weather, to a problem at home or school.

When it comes, you'll know. Until then, keep enjoying things!

"It is better to light one candle than to curse the darkness"-Chinese Proverb

Piano, Flute, Bassoon, Acoustic Guitar, Cello, Electric Guitar

LiveHelp Operator August 13th, 2012 General Forum ModeratorDecember 22, 2012 Videos Officer March 19th 2013

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Koharuchan Offline
Skittles Minion
I can't get enough

Name: Haru

Re: Please help - September 15th 2014, 02:24 AM

Unfortunately, nobody can really tell you when you'll get your period; you just get it. Some girls get it early, others don't get it until high school. And trust me, it isn't something to look forward to, it's annoying.

As for the mood swings, although they are a common sign of puberty, it could just be that you've been worrying yourself over getting your period and it's causing you stress. Not everyone gets irritable from their period, my attitude doesn't change at all. It varies from person to person.

I love my Big Sleepy Bear.
I still fill my panties; do YOU?
No great artist ever sees things as they really are. If he did, he would cease to be an artist. -Oscar Wilde
Buddy since 12/25/11 Self Expressions mod since 4/23/12 Helplink mentor since 5/9/12 . . . . . .Skittlify.
I was blessed by your companionship from 12/24/01-6/27/13

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Formerly Puppy-Sized Elephant
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Elsa

Re: Please help - September 16th 2014, 12:12 AM

Mood swings happen with or without periods, especially during puberty and teenage years. However, if you feel like the anger is out of control or interfering with your life, it might be a good idea to see a counselor. Like other people have said, periods happen at different times for everyone. Mine was at age 13, while my sister got hers when she was ten. My best friend didn't start her period until high school. And the white stuff in your underwear is vaginal discharge, which is normal. If it starts being yellow or green, or if it starts hurting, you should see a doctor, but other than that you're fine.

Closed Thread