TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Sex and Puberty For questions related to sex, puberty, and similar topics, ask here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Not a n00b

Name: Bree

Not using a condom - September 28th 2014, 11:03 PM

Basically, I'm on birth control, We use condoms, but me and my boyfriend have been talking about not using a condom once or twice. Do you females make him pull out? And I've heard if he comes inside of you, it's very messy. What do you do after that? Shower, bathroom, etc?

If it is meant to be, it will be.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Always * Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Not using a condom - September 28th 2014, 11:57 PM

If you are using your birth control properly and you guys are in a monogamous relationship (thus the risk of STIs is low) you should be ok to use only birth control. Lots of people are more comfortable using a condom if they are choosing one over the other because it's an actual physical barrier instead of a "thing" that you "hope" is working properly on the body, also only condoms protect against STIs.

Any how, you can use just condoms or just an oral contraceptive or just a IUD or just the Nuva ring etc. etc. - if you are comfortable relying on just one that is your decision. But using both is better.

I've relied just on the pill or Nuva ring and been fine. But it's all about personal comfort and all that.

Feel free to PM me if you ever need to chat or have questions

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Formerly Puppy-Sized Elephant
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Elsa

Re: Not using a condom - September 29th 2014, 03:47 AM

As long as both of you get STI tested and are both clean, not using a condom is fine. But you need to make sure neither of you has an STI before ditching the condoms.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Coffee. Offline
Condom Queen
TeenHelp Addict

Name: Traci

Re: Not using a condom - September 29th 2014, 04:41 AM

I'm on birth control and I require condom use for double pregnancy protection, STI protection (although we're both tested as negative), and to avoid messiness, but if you're taking your birth control effectively, it's fun! Pulling out can cut down on the messiness. You can also shower right after to let anything, uh, drip out.

I said to the sun, "Tell me about the big bang"
& the sun said “it hurts to become."
Andrea Gibson, "I Sing The Body Electric; Especially When My Power Is Out"
  Send a message via MSN to Coffee.  
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Heathen Offline
Beauty and Bedlam
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jordan

Re: Not using a condom - September 30th 2014, 05:17 AM

As long as you take your contraceptive pills as prescribed (at roughly the same time every day) and aren't concerned about STIs then it would not be unreasonable to switch to no condoms with your partner. Ejaculation inside the vagina or anus can be very messy. I would recommend urinating after sex; it's been shown to flush out any bacteria that may have been pushed up the urethra during sex and, obviously, you wipe when going to the bathroom. If you don't have to urinate a towel to wipe off can be just as effective. You can also take a shower, which is a nice option if you plan on going anywhere shortly after you have sex.

The moon asked the crow
For a little show
In the hazy milk of twilight
No one had to know
The moon asked the crow...
  Send a message via Yahoo to Heathen  
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
FireHeart Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Jade

Re: Not using a condom - October 3rd 2014, 05:03 PM

I agree with everyone on here, it should be okay for you to not use condoms as long as your risk for STI's are low and you take your birth control at relatively the same time everyday. However, if you miss one day of your pills you have to wait for a full cycle(You wait a month and have your period again) before you are completely protected, and during that time you should use a condom. Also, if you're ever on antibiotics they make your birth control less effective and it would be safer to use a condom then too. I hope this helped!

HAPPINESS is just waiting for me to take it; I truly believe that now.
~SCARS

(#7 (permalink)) Old
MermaidMassacre Offline
Finding beauty in darkness.
I've been here a while

Name: Bridget

Re: Not using a condom - October 14th 2014, 02:36 AM

I'm on birth control and we typically use a condom still on top of that. But there are a few times where we just don't feel like using the condom.

I don't make him pull out, I feel that would be a bigger mess.
It also does leak out of you as the day goes on, and I would recommend a shower and try to clean some of it out. If you have panty liners you might want to use one of those for the rest of the night.

I have also learned you always want to pee after sex to avoid bladder infections. So taking a shower and going to the bathroom is probably a good idea.

I'll do whatever it takes to be the mistake you can't live without.
  Send a message via AIM to MermaidMassacre Send a message via MSN to MermaidMassacre Send a message via Yahoo to MermaidMassacre Send a message via Skype™ to MermaidMassacre 
Closed Thread