TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Sex and Puberty For questions related to sex, puberty, birth control and sexual health, ask here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Deriksnowy Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 5,302, Level: 10 Points: 5,302, Level: 10 Points: 5,302, Level: 10

Period Problems - January 27th 2015, 04:19 PM

For some background, I'm almost 18 years old and I've had my period since I was 13.

I'll start with three weeks ago.
It was the only time I ever had gotten intimate with my (now ex) boyfriend between then and the present. To spare from details, only hands were used and his hands did NOT have any sperm on them when he touched me.
Fast forwarding to now, I am supposed to get my period soon (if not now, I have an incredibly irregular period), and I have never had any weird complications with it. If I had cramps, blood would be seconds behind it. But, I had cramps today and no blood.
It's been over 2 hours, and I took medication for the cramps so they're gone, but still no blood.
I'm starting to get worried. Could I possibly have gotten pregnant? Is there something wrong with me? Is this normal?
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Calaer Offline
I have the Millennium Puzzle
I've been here a while

Name: Calaer

Points: 20,292, Level: 20 Points: 20,292, Level: 20 Points: 20,292, Level: 20

Re: Period Problems - January 27th 2015, 04:27 PM

If you guys only touched each other using your hands, then no. You couldn't have gotten pregnant. Periods are very unpredictable, and even the smallest thing can upset your balance and cycle. If could be something as major as a new medication, to a change in diet or exercise. You could even need something as simple as a tad more vitamin C in your system. So you shouldn't worry. If however you have had unprotected sex with him in the past month, I would take a test. If it was just this 'foreplay' if you will, then you should be totally fine. I hope this helps!

"One day, in retrospect, the years of struggle will strike you as the most beautiful." ~Sigmund Freud

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Koharuchan Offline
Skittles Minion
I can't get enough

Name: Haru

Points: 30,098, Level: 25 Points: 30,098, Level: 25 Points: 30,098, Level: 25

Re: Period Problems - January 27th 2015, 04:38 PM

No, if only hands were used then it is not possible for you to be pregnant. However, and trust me, I know from experience: if you continue stressing and worrying over whether or not you're pregnant, the stress can cause your period to come late. You should do your best to try not to think about pregnancy or whether or not something could've happened. Because trust me, as I said before, if he did not sexually penetrate you using his penis, then you are not pregnant. Plus, you also said you have a very irregular period; the cramps you were getting were normal. Like me? I always start cramping a day or two before I start, so yes, it's normal. It just depends on the person.

I love my Big Sleepy Bear.
I still fill my panties; do YOU?
No great artist ever sees things as they really are. If he did, he would cease to be an artist. -Oscar Wilde
Buddy since 12/25/11 Self Expressions mod since 4/23/12 Helplink mentor since 5/9/12 . . . . . .Skittlify.
I was blessed by your companionship from 12/24/01-6/27/13
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Eternal Offline
TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Nicole

Points: 77,763, Level: 39 Points: 77,763, Level: 39 Points: 77,763, Level: 39

Re: Period Problems - January 27th 2015, 06:52 PM

I always get really bad cramps the day before my period starts. It's very normal and if he only used hands then you aren't pregnant. Pregnancy symptoms take awhile to develop as well, so by that time you would definitely know if you missed a period. Just be patient and you'll probably get it soon.

And here you are living, despite it all.
Lead Moderator | Disputes Committee | HelpLINK Mentor
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Deriksnowy Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Period Problems - January 27th 2015, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koharuchan View Post
No, if only hands were used then it is not possible for you to be pregnant. However, and trust me, I know from experience: if you continue stressing and worrying over whether or not you're pregnant, the stress can cause your period to come late. You should do your best to try not to think about pregnancy or whether or not something could've happened. Because trust me, as I said before, if he did not sexually penetrate you using his penis, then you are not pregnant. Plus, you also said you have a very irregular period; the cramps you were getting were normal. Like me? I always start cramping a day or two before I start, so yes, it's normal. It just depends on the person.
That makes me feel better, thank you. I just checked to see if there was any blood and when I wiped there was this little bit of brown. I feel a little more worried now because I'm not sure if that's just a warning of my period coming or something wrong.
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Doodle. Offline
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Ceilidh
Pronouns: Any/All

Points: 122,273, Level: 49 Points: 122,273, Level: 49 Points: 122,273, Level: 49

Re: Period Problems - January 27th 2015, 08:30 PM

No, you're not. There was no sperm anywhere near your vagina so you're safe I don't actually get periods anymore (I'm on the depo-provera injection) but when I did I'd get cramps for about 3-4 days before my actual period. You're fine

"Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself."
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Deriksnowy Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Period Problems - January 27th 2015, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Believe View Post
No, you're not. There was no sperm anywhere near your vagina so you're safe I don't actually get periods anymore (I'm on the depo-provera injection) but when I did I'd get cramps for about 3-4 days before my actual period. You're fine
I've also gotten this really light brown stuff today which hasn't happened before. It's not that much, so it's definitely not my normal period. I don't know what this could be
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
Gidig Offline
Optimistic pessimist
I can't get enough

Name: Maria

Points: 24,469, Level: 22 Points: 24,469, Level: 22 Points: 24,469, Level: 22

Re: Period Problems - January 30th 2015, 08:04 AM

Hey,

I have persistently, irritatingly, irregular periods and what you're experiencing does not sound too abnormal. After looking around online it sounds like this is common, brown usually means something from an older period. From my sources it says that sometimes it is immediately followed by your period, or nothing for a few days then your period.

If you are really concerned I would definitely call a doctor, even if it seems silly or awkward they will have the perfect answer for you.

Best of luck!
Maria.

The best wayout is always through~
-Robert Frost

Proud member of the LGBT community.

(#9 (permalink)) Old
luckiicloverxx Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Kyra

Points: 8,431, Level: 13 Points: 8,431, Level: 13 Points: 8,431, Level: 13

Re: Period Problems - January 30th 2015, 08:23 AM

Hey there,

I'd suggest going to a doctor, because most of us here can't really objectively tell you what's going on. The stress that you're having over this could be delaying it, and going to the doctor and clearing everything up could solve you issue.
Closed Thread