TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Sex and Puberty For questions related to sex, puberty, birth control and sexual health, ask here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
AlexBuckner Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Allie

Points: 5,679, Level: 11 Points: 5,679, Level: 11 Points: 5,679, Level: 11

period is early and feels different - August 12th 2015, 06:45 PM

Okay so three days ago my now ex and I had unprotected sex, yeah I know it was stupid but it happened. Anyways I got my period today but its early by almost a week my due date should have been the 17 of August. I've been hurting like crazy and today I have bad nausea and dizzy, I've never been like this when on my period. Should I be worried something is wrong or wait it out?
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Lizzie Offline
Volunteering Officer
Outside, huh?

Name: Lizzie

Points: 32,471, Level: 26 Points: 32,471, Level: 26 Points: 32,471, Level: 26

Re: period is early and feels different - August 12th 2015, 07:08 PM

If it is a normal period amount, I would not worry. Sometimes periods come early. It's not that uncommon to have a few periods off their schedule, especially during the teen years. So if it seems like a normal amount of blood. I don't think there is anything to worry about.

Now, if the blood amount if obviously more than normal. Take for example if it is filling a heavy pad in under an hour. I would seek medical attention. That could be a sign of something more serious.

And just know that at anytime you can always call your doctor and speak to a nurse to get a second opinion on whether or not you should seek medical attention.

As an extra note, if you are worried about getting pregnant, having unprotected sex is the way to get pregnant pretty quickly. If you plan on having sex again you should really talk to your doctor about getting on a more regular birth control as well as making sure your partner uses condoms. This is your best way of avoiding pregnancy. It is not full proof, there is always a chance of getting pregnant when having sex, but using two forms of birth control greatly reduces those chances. Remember, refraining from vaginal sex is the only way to avoid pregnancy. You can express intimacy in other ways than vaginal sex.

Please feel free to let us know if you have any further questions.

Interested in becoming a staff member? Feel free to PM me, or apply HERE!
::Teen Help Member Since 2006::
::Staff Member for ten years::
~Blessed Be~
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount69

Edit avatar

Re: period is early and feels different - August 14th 2015, 05:44 AM

Hey there,

If you aren't bleeding heavily then I think you should be fine. It is common for periods to be irregular in your teen years. I know in the past I have had some irregular periods and it kind of freaked me out but it started balancing out as I got older and I haven't had an irregular period in a few years. The nausea and dizziness could be due to other factors. If that continues too long you might want to consider getting in with your doctor and talking about those issues to make sure everything is okay.

If you are still concerned about this you could always call your doctors office and talk to someone there about your concerns. They might request to see you but that wouldn't be the worst case scenario.

As stated, if you are worried about pregnancy having unprotected sex is definitely not the best thing to do. If you are planning on continuing to be sexually active I would suggest that you look into birth control options and have condoms available.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
AlexBuckner Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Allie

Points: 5,679, Level: 11 Points: 5,679, Level: 11 Points: 5,679, Level: 11

Re: period is early and feels different - August 14th 2015, 06:49 AM

Normally we have condoms but it kind of just happened when we where out walking. My period has actually always been heavy the fact that it's so light is what's bothering me so much and how much I've been hurting and getting sick.
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Lizzie Offline
Volunteering Officer
Outside, huh?

Name: Lizzie

Points: 32,471, Level: 26 Points: 32,471, Level: 26 Points: 32,471, Level: 26

Re: period is early and feels different - August 14th 2015, 12:21 PM

Hormones can really effect your body, the fact that you stopped them suddenly means that you will have some side effects from that. If you don't start to feel better next week, you can always call your doctor and ask if you need to come in. But I want you to know, it's really common to feel like this when stopping hormonal birth control.

Interested in becoming a staff member? Feel free to PM me, or apply HERE!
::Teen Help Member Since 2006::
::Staff Member for ten years::
~Blessed Be~
Closed Thread