TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Sex and Puberty For questions related to sex, puberty, birth control and sexual health, ask here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Jennay22 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 3,995, Level: 9 Points: 3,995, Level: 9 Points: 3,995, Level: 9

Question Missed period on birth control, with condoms - September 4th 2016, 01:33 PM

Ok so I'm officially 12 days late for my period. I take birth control, and it usually takes me 4 days into the sugar pills to get my period, so I guess I am 8 days late. This has never happened before though.
I had unprotected sex last month, but took Plan B the day after. And then I got my period.
Since my last period, I was extremely on time for the pills every day, but then I got random bleeding in like week 2 for about 4 days. Then i had protected sex only. I havent been under a severe amount of stress (ive had way worse).
I took a pregnancy test 3 days ago. It was negative.
What could be the cause for my missed period? Is there any chance i could still be prengant, even with the condoms..?
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Lizzie Offline
Volunteering Officer
Outside, huh?

Name: Lizzie

Points: 32,471, Level: 26 Points: 32,471, Level: 26 Points: 32,471, Level: 26

Re: Missed period on birth control, with condoms - September 4th 2016, 04:07 PM

Anytime you have sex you have a chance of getting pregnant. Birth control pills and condoms greatly reduce the chance, but there is always a chance.

I would recommend taking one more test and if that one is negative I would chalk it up to your cycle being weird after the morning after pill.

Interested in becoming a staff member? Feel free to PM me, or apply HERE!
::Teen Help Member Since 2006::
::Staff Member for ten years::
~Blessed Be~
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount69

Edit avatar

Re: Missed period on birth control, with condoms - September 4th 2016, 05:47 PM

There is a chance you could be pregnant but it's very unlikely. When you use birth control and condoms it decreases your chances which is why I prefer using both of those things when I have sex. Sometimes you can miss a period when you are on birth control. I've missed a period while on birth control and was pretty paranoid about it but the gynecologist told me that sometimes this can happen. They told me to take a pregnancy test just to be safe.

Since you've already taken a pregnancy test you really don't have to take another one. But, it might help you feel less stressed out if you did take another test.

I have also heard that when you take Plan B while on birth control it can really mess with your hormones as well as your period so that is very likely the cause of the missed period.
Closed Thread