TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Sex and Puberty For questions related to sex, puberty, and similar topics, ask here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
The Darkness Offline
Nothing Began Everything
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Raphael

Long Heavy Periods? - May 16th 2017, 10:44 PM

The idea of speaking openly about my periods is embarrassing but thinking critically about the reasons why I shouldnt be anyways
I've always been irregular since like ever I've never had the monthly on time thing. Sometimes it comes every other month or sometimes it doesn't come for months on end. In the past year, when it has come, it's been either really heavy or lasting almost the entire month and more, or both. I was thinking it's because of my weight, I'm overweight (i don't think its good to give specific numbers on this forum) but this has always almost happens all the time since i can remember. Before, when I was smaller, I didn't have the heavy issue but I did have it irregular or long. I do remember at one point I had a period so heavy I was bleeding through the pad within the hour but that only lasted a day.
I've been on birth control before that eliminated my periods completely but then I got off it and the periods started being heavy and longer when I got off these antipsychotics that raised my progesterone levels. My psychiatrist said my levels should be getting back to normal within the next few months, that was like a year ago.
So, to sum up, does anyone else experience this? I mean to contact my doctor soon to talk about this and have some tests done but I want the period to die off first before I see her and ask about this. It's really uncomfortable, being nonbinary makes it worse. Could someone maybe have an answer to why this is happening? When I googled it it gave me a variety of answers, from being overweight to uterine cancer so

THE POINT OF SINGULARITY IS NOTHING AS NOTHING BEGAN EVERYTHING
PULSING IN THE EXPAND CONSUME WITHOUT BARRIER OR BORDER
IT IS DARK BECAUSE IT IS THE DARKNESS IT IS OVER BECAUSE IT IS THE END
THERE IS NO SENTRY BECAUSE NONE DARE APPROACH
IT HAS NEVER BEEN AND IT IS ALL THAT EVER WAS
AT THE CENTER YOU DO NOT FIND THE ANSWER
YOU DO NOT FIND YOURSELF THERE IS NO CENTER AND THERE IS NO YOU THERE IS ONLY MADNESS
WE ARE ALL HERE NOW.
WE ARE ALL HERE.
WE ARE.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Hypothesis. Offline
Not significant.

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Dez

Re: Long Heavy Periods? - May 17th 2017, 12:52 AM

I can't give an exact answer as to why, since as you said, there are a variety of answers. But I definitely would call your doctor. I have been on birth control for a few years now but before I went on it I'd have those heavy, waterfall periods, and I'd go through times where I'd have them every two weeks. It got to the point where I was borderline anemic so I had to take iron pills for a little while to get my iron levels regular again. And then I started being late every month.

A change in weight can definitely cause your period to change, and so can things such as a change in medication, change in exercise or diet routine, or a change in your stress levels. Or my sister has a hard time getting her period and then getting it to stop when it does come because of something called Polycystic Ovary Syndrome, also known as PCOS. Symptoms of PCOS are sometimes more noticeable after gaining weight and some of the symptoms can include menstrual problems, skin problems, thinning hair on the scalp but growth of hair other places like the face, and more. I'm not saying that's what you have, though!

I think your best bet is to see a doctor. I know that you want to wait until your period is over but remember that you don't have to, as a doctor has likely dealt with that before. You said your periods have sometimes been lasting over a month, and that's not something you really want to wait around with. The doctor can test your iron to make sure you're not anemic and test your hormone levels and other things if needed to see what is causing your periods to be this way, and what can be done to fix it.

They may suggest birth control again, and if they do I suggest telling them how you didn't have a period on the last form of birth control but as soon as you went off it the problems started again.

Best of luck!

(#3 (permalink)) Old
William Smith Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: William Smith

Re: Long Heavy Periods? - May 17th 2017, 12:51 PM

Is anyone know about Dark brownish Discharge?

Closed Thread