TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Sex and Puberty For questions related to sex, puberty, and similar topics, ask here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
nhatvoone Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

First - June 13th 2017, 02:59 PM

My girlfriend asked me to have sex but she was only 17 years old and "small". Do I have to pay attention something? This is my first time (and her).

Thanks!

(#2 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: First - June 13th 2017, 06:25 PM

In some countries the age of consent is 16 so it is very possible that your girlfriend is the age of consent. The best thing to do, OP is figure out what the age of consent is in your country. If it is 18 then you definitely need to hold off on having sex. If you feel comfortable stating the country/state/province etc that you live in we might be able to help you figure out what the age of consent is. But, mostly, you can probably look it up on google.

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

Last edited by .:Bibliophile:.; June 13th 2017 at 10:46 PM. Reason: Editing original post.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Ambedo. Offline
I'm as sane as I ever was.

Outside, huh?

Name: Sam

Re: First - June 14th 2017, 09:52 AM

Hey there,

As another user stated, knowing the age of consent where you live is vital since your girlfriend may not legally be able to provide consent based on her age. If it's 16, then you're good to go. If it's 18, you definitely need to hold off having sex until she turns 18.

If the two of you do have sex, the most important thing is to communicate. Since it will be the first time for both of you, there's going to be a bit of a learning process when it comes to figuring out what both of you do and don't like. While there are certain signs that a person is enjoying sex, you can also ask questions during, particularly about whether she likes what you're doing or if you need to change something up to avoid hurting her. Don't be afraid to speak your mind either! If there's something that you'd like to try, let her know. If you're both on board, experimentation can help the two of you figure out what you each enjoy the most.

Take care,
Sammi

wanderlust consumed her;
foreign hearts & exotic minds compelled her.
she had a gypsy soul
and a vibrant heart for the unknown.
-d. marie

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Angie.Mel Offline
Angie (Ang) Mel
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Angie

Re: First - June 16th 2017, 07:25 PM

1. Just take it slow and use a lot of lube. It really is worth buying and will make the experience infinitely better for her, especially if she's nervous at all.

2. Use a condom and preferably, a second form of birth control like the pill. That will also make it easier for both of you to relax.

3. Be ready for weird stuff to happen (like the angle is wrong, or weird noises, or whatever). It's an experience and never meant to be "perfect" in the traditional sense of the word. Things are gonna get weird no matter what, and it's okay to laugh during (ohmygosh though, make sure it's mutual laughter and she doesn't think you're laughing AT her!).

4. Also, go slow and take your time with the foreplay. Girls are "slow cookers." They aren't like guys where you think about it and bam, you're ready. It can take some time for the body to catch up to the mind and be ready.

5. Make sure she's ready and it's consensual. Other than that, that's pretty much it. You'll figure the rest out along the way.

Closed Thread