TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Sex and Puberty For questions related to sex, puberty, and similar topics, ask here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
aloohello Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

I am a teen ! I need help right now ! . I am freaIking n out. I am 18. - July 23rd 2017, 07:39 PM

so am from an IndIan famly where se* talks never happen.But today after (almost)18 years I heard my mom talking about Intercourse of newly married couples wth my aunt on phone to IndIa(was a video chat on speaker so i could only hear her).so i heard her will i went out of my room near her room to drinc water.and she was talking about all this stuff.My aunts dauhter recently married a guy.so thats how ths intercourse topic came up.i started do listen they both were dsccusng abut menstrual things.breacing of some vaginal thng and how many times they both used to have *** a day.and they said aboy foreplay that it creates the mood for it and they are bored of it so they try something new everyday.THS Distrubed me so bad ! i am shocked ! Now ths topic s never disccused in indian familes.The thing is i cant imagine my mom and dad doing this ! and moreover my aunt who was so sweett to me all these years !Ths BLOWED ME off ! iam having a hard time accepting this.Please help me i am shivering while writing this and i feel light headed ! my heart is paining .plz tell me is this life ??? is life all about ths. i cant accept this plz adivce me .i cant talk to anyone about this, only my fellow reddt ppl are the ones i can share this with PLEASE TELL ME ! my view of life has changed now i am in my final year only 2 months left for my final exam now i dont feel like studying cant get ths out of my mind cant even talk to my mom looking at her face.......

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Expelliarmus Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I am a teen ! I need help right now ! . I am freaIking n out. I am 18. - July 25th 2017, 08:19 AM

Sex is a part of life. Almost every one does it, including your mom and aunt, and one day you will too. Obviously your mom and aunt are comfortable with each other to talk about stuff like this. It's natural. Get over it

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
del677 Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: I am a teen ! I need help right now ! . I am freaIking n out. I am 18. - July 26th 2017, 08:40 AM

Yes your response is normal for someone in your position who has never encountered this topic before at your age.

You'll get over the shock in about... from my own experience, it took about two months.

That's how long it took me to adjust to a major "Oh my gosh the world is a lot different than I had thought, and my brain needs to make a lot of adjustments to assimilate this new information."

In the mean time, if you like musical plays, I could recommend seek out a play, or the music to a play called "Spring Awakening."

There's very little sex involved. Mostly it's about what happens to young people when they aren't taught anything about sex and what happens to them. It takes place about 150 years ago, when sex wasn't talked about much anywhere (or at least where the play takes place).

I just checked YouTube.com and yes it's there. The Spring Awakening Soundtrack, and the play itself in 9 parts.

Oh, and yes I agree don't think of your parents doing it! That never ceases to be a creepy thought! I don't know why. Maybe evolution made us that way, but yea it's kind of creepy to think of my parents doing it! However, for some inexplicable reason, not so creepy to think of people my own age doing it.

(And of course I have this strong desire to do it with someone, which is probably the curse of evolution [those that did reproduced a lot], but I never get a chance to, so, I'm guessing it may not be happening as much as I think, since I think other people are doing it a lot more than me, but since I'm doing zero, other people can't be doing it less. I think either way I'm in good company. Probably a lot of people do it, and a lot of people don't do it, so either way, you're normal.)

Do they do any Mindfulness Meditation in your culture? Now would be a good time to practice that, as it can be calming, and get your mind off these things which disturb it. Just spend a minute and return your focus to the present moment, and when your mind wanders, let the thought go, and return your focus to the present moment. It's a simple yet very effective skill to learn which over time should help calm you and you'll be happier and have less brain burn out. (There are guided meditation apps you can try on your cell phone. "Headspace" is one. Check out the brief animated videos explaining the concept at the beginning of lessons 3,5,7, and 9.)

Best wishes! Try breathing slowly. Breathing is one thing we can do both consciously and unconsciously, so it's a bridge to our unconscious. If we consciously breathe slowly, it will trick our brain into thinking we're calm, and it will become calm.

Closed Thread