TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Sex and Puberty For questions related to sex, puberty, and similar topics, ask here!

(#1 (permalink)) Old
j42 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: j

Help with a Project - June 5th 2020, 04:31 PM

This thread has been labeled as non-PG13 by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for younger users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

hi! im doing a project on sexual experiences and needs for school. i would really appriciate if people could answer the questions either in a PM or below. Thank you!!

what is your view about sex?

are you ever to young to have sex?

if you have had sex, why and where?

what made you have sex/what kept you abstiance?

what do you think makes you want to have sex?

how often do you have sex?

do you masterbate and how often?

have you ever achieved orgasm in masturbation or intercourse?

do you feel comfortable with yourself after you have sex with someone?

what was the reason that made you engadge in sexual contact?

Last edited by Spoons; June 23rd 2020 at 11:56 PM. Reason: The decision to remove this thread was reversed by the Disputes Committee - It is appropriate due to being a school project.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Spoons Offline
Too tired to give a fork.

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Dez

Re: Help with a Project - June 23rd 2020, 11:58 PM

Are you looking for people of a certain age to answer? I'm happy to answer if I am okay to.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
j42 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: j

Re: Help with a Project - June 24th 2020, 02:21 PM

any age is ok for this. thank you!

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Spoons Offline
Too tired to give a fork.

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Dez

Re: Help with a Project - June 25th 2020, 03:09 AM

what is your view about sex?: I am sex positive, so basically as long as you are able to consent, have sex with whoever you want. You shouldn't be shamed for it. Just use protection.

are you ever to young to have sex?: If you are unable to consent, you are too young. I understand that two teenagers may engage in sexual activity, but the age of consent definitely needs to be looked at and there shouldn't be an adult with someone who is a minor, etc. The individual person's maturity levels should also be looked at.

if you have had sex, why and where?: I have not.

what made you have sex/what kept you abstiance?: Vaginismus and asexuality are both good at keeping a person abstinent!

what do you think makes you want to have sex?: Probably all the fun hormones that make people aroused. I get the most aroused around my period, so there's definitely probably something hormonal there.

how often do you have sex?: N/A

do you masterbate and how often?: Yes, normally a few times a month.

have you ever achieved orgasm in masturbation or intercourse?: Unfortunately not.

do you feel comfortable with yourself after you have sex with someone?: Never had sex but I tend to feel guilty after masturbation.

what was the reason that made you engadge in sexual contact?: N/A

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Mallika Offline
HelpLINK Mentor

Average Joe

Re: Help with a Project - June 25th 2020, 08:04 AM

Hi there,

Interesting project! Best of luck with it! My responses are given below:

What is your view about sex? It's the process that enables the continuation of generations of a species (sorry, I'm a biologist haha!). I personally think that sex is a special event and should be shared only with that special someone. Casual sex dilutes its meaning (just my opinion ). Also, sex HAS to be consensual; anything otherwise is not short of rape. I also personally think that marriage is not a prerequisite for sex; so long as you're with the person you love and have consented to it, it should be fine.

Are you ever too young to have sex? Yes and no. Yes, because if you're less than 16 years old, I think you're too young for sex. No, if you're referring to an adult above the 18. An adult aged 18 might choose to have sex, and that's fine. An adult aged 29 might choose to have sex for the first time, and that's fine as well.

If you have had sex, why and where? Proud virgin here

What kept you abstinent? I believe that sex should be shared only with that special someone. This special someone is that person who loves you with all their heart, and you love them in the same manner. Your relationship with them is based on mutual respect, trust and warmth. I haven't found this person yet, and that's the reason I've been abstinent.

What do you think makes you want to have sex? When I'm with the person I deeply love and have opened up to them enough to be able to share intimacy.

How often do you have sex? I don't have sex, at least at the moment

Do you masturbate and how often? I used to... I didn't even know that what I was doing then was masturbation. Even when I used to do it, it was very occasional, like 3-5 times a year. I don't do it anymore (see reason why in the below answer).

Have you ever achieved orgasm in masturbation or intercourse? Yes, when I used to masturbate. Boy, it did feel good.

Do you feel comfortable with yourself after you have sex with someone? I haven't had sex as you've read, but I used to feel awful after masturbating. It would feel amazing when I was doing it, but the after-feeling was terrible; I'd feel rotten and guilty. That's the main reason why I don't masturbate anymore, along with the fact that I kinda want to reserve my energy for other pursuits (masturbation takes up a lot of energy).

What was the reason that made you engage in sexual contact? I'm not eligible to answer this as I've been abstinent

Hope this helps!

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Heathen Offline
Beauty and Bedlam
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Eli Quinn

Re: Help with a Project - June 26th 2020, 12:01 AM

I’m sex positive. I believe if you’re old enough to legally consent and all parties involved do so it’s all good. Communication and respect for boundaries is a must. While casual sex can be great fun (in my opinion) sex tends to be best with an established partner (NOT necessarily romantic) who knows your body well. That way you can achieve the most pleasure and intimacy.

I also want to note I support sex workers. Sex work is not wrong, it’s real work, and those who do it deserve to be protected and treated with respect.

Yes, if you are not yet the age of consent.

Sex feels good and it connects me to others. I enjoy all forms of it. I have had sex quite often with many partners. I enjoy exploring my sexuality freely and consensually like that. As for where there’s too many places to list.

Originally I just wanted to get rid of my virginity. That experience was awful but later on I had some good partners. With casual sex it can be hit or miss, but I’ve had many partners who respected and cared for me, too.

Probably hormones and my interest in being a “slut.” I get aroused thinking of sex with strange people whose names I don’t know, etc. However, it’s very, very important to use safer sex practices, ESPECIALLY if you’re going to have a lot of partners. It’s also important to get tested for STIs (sexually transmitted infections) regularly.

Lately not often, unfortunately, due to COVID. Probably once every week or two.

Yes, I do. Usually not much but lately it’s been more frequent, probably twice a week.

Yes, I’ve orgasmed through both masturbation and intercourse.

Not always. I’ve gone on many dates (usually with men) where the sex was meh but they ghosted me after. It made me feel cheap.

Curiosity and high sex drive.

The moon asked the crow
For a little show
In the hazy milk of twilight
No one had to know
The moon asked the crow...

Last edited by Heathen; June 27th 2020 at 03:22 AM.
  Send a message via Yahoo to Heathen  
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Everglow. Offline
Did you miss me?
Outside, huh?

Name: Hollie

Re: Help with a Project - June 29th 2020, 06:47 PM

For me personally, I'm not fussed about it at all. I'm all for people doing their own thing as long as I don't get told all the yucky details later on. I think sex is expected in society and there's a weird taboo around not having it. And sex is everywhere, movies, adverts etc. Like I say, I'm all for people doing their own thing, but for me it makes me a bit uncomfortable and I'd happily not see or hear about it unless I seek something sexual out myself.

If you're a minor and the person who is having sex with you is not, then yes you can be too young. In other situations where both people are consenting, I don't really think I have an age at which I think it's suddenly acceptable. It's more about maturity than physical age if both parties are of the same age (i.e. not a minor and an adult). I do feel like I lean more towards the opinion that if you're under 16 it's a bit young, but I'm closer to the sex-repulsed side of the ace spectrum so that could explain why.

Nope.

I'm abstinent because I'm asexual and not interested in sex. Also, I've never had anyone interested in me either, so there's that.

As in people in general? I guess a mixture of things. Some of it could be peer pressure if you're younger. Otherwise a high sex drive or libido, attraction, a desire for physical closeness etc.

Never ever

Sometimes, maybe a few times a month.

Yes.

I don't have sex with people, but I feel fine after masturbation.

N/A

A paradox:
The things you donít need to liveó
books, art, cinema, wine, and so onó
are the things you need to live

- Matt Haig

VM|PM