TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Sex and Puberty For questions related to sex, puberty, birth control and sexual health, ask here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
TH Anonymous Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Points: 34,122, Level: 26 Points: 34,122, Level: 26 Points: 34,122, Level: 26

Bled during first time?? - July 28th 2020, 03:14 PM

[SIZE="a"]This is embarrassing. My boyfriend and I started to have sex and I have never had sex before. I’m still a week away from my period so I don’t believe it’s that. I felt a pain when he first entered and was kind of an ouch moment, and after a minute he pulled and said “oh my gosh. You’re bleeding.” I was horrified, my bed sheet had blood on it and I ran to the bathroom to clean myself up. Is this normal for the first time??? I was horrified, I know a little light pink spotting can be normal but I was bleeding-bleeding and still am a bit! I have really bad anxiety and I am freaked out and feel like I can’t ask anyone in person.[/size]
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
jamiep77 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 3,258, Level: 8 Points: 3,258, Level: 8 Points: 3,258, Level: 8

Re: Bled during first time?? - July 28th 2020, 05:40 PM

Hi, a little bleeding is totally normal for your first time. Don't worry if it's just that. If it's persistent, you might want to speak with your doctor. It's probably nothing, but just to reassure yourself.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount69

Edit avatar

Re: Bled during first time?? - July 28th 2020, 05:54 PM

Hello,

Yes, this is normal. I bled the first few times I had sex and it actually worried me enough that I went to the doctor, twice, each time they did an exam and reported that everything was fine. I know it is quite scary and can be embarrassing but this is normal. It'll likely go away after you've had sex a few times. If it persists too long you can go to the doctor.

I can't remember how many times I bled. I know it was, for sure, twice but it might have been a bit more than that.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount71

Edit avatar

Re: Bled during first time?? - July 29th 2020, 12:03 AM

Yes, bleeding is normal the first time, sometimes even the first few times. Many people only bleed a little bit, but some bleed more for some reason. I had a friend tell me the story of how another friend bled so much the first time she had sex that they went to the school nurse, who told them her she was fine.

If you keep bleeding past the first few times, or think you're bleeding too much, please see your OBGYN or primary care physician. You should be keeping in touch with them anyway in order to obtain contraception, assuming you don't want your boyfriend to get you pregnant.
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Rivière Offline
Par la rivière
I've been here a while

Name: Sarah

Points: 46,505, Level: 31 Points: 46,505, Level: 31 Points: 46,505, Level: 31

Re: Bled during first time?? - July 29th 2020, 11:53 AM

It's definitely normal to bleed during your first few times. It happened to me during my first 2-3 times, though I was lucky there was very little blood.

If it keeps happening and doesn't stop bleeding after a certain point, I would definitely suggest seeing a doctor just to be sure there's no underlying issues.
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Dawn. Offline
Laughter. Faith. Hope.

TeenHelp Veteran

Points: 88,663, Level: 42 Points: 88,663, Level: 42 Points: 88,663, Level: 42

Re: Bled during first time?? - August 3rd 2020, 04:36 AM

Hello there,

As others have mentioned, bleeding is normal during sex, especially if it's your first time. If it is concerning you, seeing your doctor might help.

Closed Thread