TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Sex and Puberty For questions related to sex, puberty, birth control and sexual health, ask here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Astro04 Offline
Community Mentor

Junior TeenHelper

Name: Luca

Points: 4,929, Level: 10 Points: 4,929, Level: 10 Points: 4,929, Level: 10

Masturbating a little too much - September 6th 2020, 03:30 PM

Hello to all,

I think to have a little problem. In this days I spent the days to masturbate myself. Not less than two times at day, exactly.

I'm afraid that it can be dangerous to me and I want to know if there's something I can do. Or at least how to control that. I think five times at day (occasionally) is exaggerated.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Panda Solo Offline
HelpLINK Mentor

Not a n00b

Name: Leah

Points: 8,301, Level: 13 Points: 8,301, Level: 13 Points: 8,301, Level: 13

Re: Masturbating a little too much - September 6th 2020, 06:52 PM

Hello there

Thank you for reaching out to us and share your thought.

I think masturbation, if done with moderation, is a natural part of our human sexual activiy for both males and females, and it is almost the safest form of sexual activity (no STD and pregancy). Sometimes people masturbate more frequently due to surges of hormones or stress, and it is totally understandable. The defintion of excessive masturbation is highly personal too, because everyone has different hormone, body composition, sexual urges, and so on. The only situation that masturbation can be dangerious is when it starts to affect your life in a negtive way. For example, you should counsel a school therapist, if your mind is obsessed with masturbation for the majority portion of you time, if masturbating actitivy makes you tired, reduces your sleeping quality, cuases physical discomfort and mental distress, takes up too much time, makes you lose interests in doing other things, et etc.

Masturbation is so natural and everybody does it sometimes, and there is definitely no shame or guilt related to that. It is as normal as eating a meal or sleeping, and would you think about food all day long and can't help eating once you have some food? If you want to reduce your urges to masturbate too much, here are something that you could do:

1. Filling your schdule with physical activities and keep your brain busy. You could also try to reduce the time you spend alone.

2. Treating masturbation normally: stop thinking of masturbation as a have-to-do thing, or as a special event that you should divote more attention into.

3. Relaxation. Our body releases a hormone called oxytocin during orgasm. Oxytocin can lower cortisol level, and cortisol is generated more when we are under stressful pressured situation. Staying calm and relaxed can, to some degree, reduce both cortisol level and the need for oxytocin release.

4. Set a rule yourself. You could tell youself to limit how many times you could masturbate per day or per week, and if you achieve that goal, you can reward yourself with a little treat of choice.

I found some links for you to look at:
Does excessive masturbation have health risk? https://www.plannedparenthood.org/le...e-health-risks

How much Masturbation is too much
https://psychcentral.com/lib/how-muc...n-is-too-much/

Male masturbation: https://www.webmd.com/men/guide/male...u-didnt-know#1

I hope that this post would help you in some way. You can also come and chat with us. Best wishes.
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Dawn. Offline
Laughter. Faith. Hope.

TeenHelp Veteran

Points: 88,797, Level: 42 Points: 88,797, Level: 42 Points: 88,797, Level: 42

Re: Masturbating a little too much - September 7th 2020, 03:05 AM

Hello there Luca!

Masturbation is a natural thing for us to do - there is nothing wrong with doing it. However, if you feel like it is becoming an issue for you, there are a range of different activities to engage in which Panda Solo listed. Masturbating isn't dangerous and it won't affect you physically. I hope I helped.

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
Closed Thread