TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Sex and Puberty For questions related to sex, puberty, birth control and sexual health, ask here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Unregistered

Edit avatar

Unhappy can i be pregnant? - April 14th 2021, 09:05 AM

Can dry humping lead to pregnancy if we both were wearing jeans? He didn't ejaculate, some sites say that its possible for precum to travel through 4 layers of clothes. I remember my jeans not being damp.

I have had my period(which was normal, not short or light) after that, but from the last few days I've been having a little dizziness, and my belly grew in size too. I know I might be overthinking, but it would be a great relief to know that it can't happen.

Due to the covid situation here I can't go out to get a pregnancy test, and I'm from a conservative house so I can't order it online. Otherwise I wouldn't be overthinking so much,

thanks for your help in advance

Last edited by Oneirophobia; April 14th 2021 at 12:20 PM.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Oneirophobia Offline
Fear of Dreams

Junior TeenHelper

Name: Kayla C

Points: 19,348, Level: 20 Points: 19,348, Level: 20 Points: 19,348, Level: 20

Re: can i be pregnant? - April 14th 2021, 12:26 PM

Hey there love,
Dry humping can not lead to pregnancy, you had cloths on, and in order to get pregnant he would of had to ejaculate. Precum through 4 layers and one of them being jeans, Its very unlikely that your pregnant, as it doesn't contain much semen until ejaculation..
I suggest anytime doing anything without clothing to have protection..

I hope this helped..

- Christine.

I fell in love the way you fall asleep. Slowly then all at once <3

HelpLINK Mentor|Forum Moderator|Social Media Guru|Photographer|Chat Moderator
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
.Brittany. Offline
Article Editor

TeenHelp Addict

Name: Brittany
Pronouns: She/Her

Points: 63,002, Level: 36 Points: 63,002, Level: 36 Points: 63,002, Level: 36

re: can i be pregnant? - April 14th 2021, 04:22 PM

Hi there!

Thank you for reaching out, that took a lot of courage to do so. As Christine mentioned above, the chances of pregnancy with dry humping is slim to none. There really isn't a possibility for them to go through four layers of clothing.

The reason I think you might be dealing with dizziness and your belly becoming a bit bigger is because you're dealing with stress from this. I know when I'm stressed out I can become dizzy as well.

Brittany

“You are braver than you believe,
stronger than you seem,
and smarter than you think.”

Article Editor
Social Media Guru|Live Help Mentor|HelpLINK Mentor
Chat Moderator|Forum Moderator(Young at Heart)
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Rivière Offline
Par la rivière
I've been here a while

Name: Sarah

Points: 46,505, Level: 31 Points: 46,505, Level: 31 Points: 46,505, Level: 31

re: can i be pregnant? - April 14th 2021, 09:49 PM

In relation to your dizziness and larger belly size, you mentioned that you're on your period. Just remember that females can lose a fair amount of blood during a period, and sometimes dizziness can occur due to a lower iron and/or vitamin B12 count in the body. It's usually advised to consume foods with a little more iron in them while you're on. Foods such as spinach, liver, and red meat contain good amounts of iron.

Also, don't forget that it's quite common for females to bloat during periods which may give you the impression of pregnancy when this isn't the case.

If you're feeling unsure, see if you can book an appointment with your doctor as they're great with this sort of thing and can put your mind at rest.
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Unregistered

Edit avatar

Re: can i be pregnant? - April 15th 2021, 05:17 AM

Thank you all for responding, I felt stupid asking this, but this thought just wouldn't go no matter what logic I told myself.

I'd like to point out the dates though, we made out on 4th march, I had my period on 21st which lasted for 4 days, and I'm expecting my period of this month next week, I have a 28-30 day cycle.

I was going for jogging lately, but after the lockdown, my physical activity has again become very less which I think might be the reason behind bloating, but this dizziness and random pain sometimes had me concerned.

Rationally, I don't think its possible, but my overthinking was eating me so I chose to share and ask.

Once again thank you

Last edited by Oneirophobia; April 25th 2021 at 08:07 PM. Reason: Non used coding.
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount59

Edit avatar

Re: can i be pregnant? - April 15th 2021, 02:18 PM

Your pain and dizziness could be due to stress. Are you eating the correct amount and number of meals per day? Are you drinking enough water, and staying away from beverages that will dehydrate you? I know not being able to go out for runs can be tough — or if you are able to and have to wear a mask — but find other ways to move around. There's plenty of tutorials online and through OnDemand services that you can utilize for yoga, stretching, meditation, etc.

Anxiety cause us to become illogical, and we ask stupid questions; but never invalidate your anxiety.
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
.Brittany. Offline
Article Editor

TeenHelp Addict

Re: can i be pregnant? - April 15th 2021, 05:23 PM

Never be afraid to ask questions. Nothing is considered a stupid question. This is a valid question and I'm sure the answers helped you feel better about your situation.

I hope you start feeling better soon!

stronger than you seem,

Article Editor
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
Unregistered

Edit avatar

Re: can i be pregnant? - April 16th 2021, 05:00 PM

This means a lot, when no one is judging me when I am judging myself. All these replies did help my anxiety.

<3

Last edited by Oneirophobia; April 25th 2021 at 08:07 PM. Reason: non coding use
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount59

Edit avatar

Re: can i be pregnant? - April 16th 2021, 05:19 PM

No problem, and definitely do reach out again if you have any concerns... no matter what subject they might be in regard to.
  (#10 (permalink)) Old
.Brittany. Offline
Article Editor

TeenHelp Addict

Re: can i be pregnant? - April 18th 2021, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
[FONT=""][COLOR=""][SIZE=""]This means a lot, when no one is judging me when I am judging myself. All these replies did help my anxiety.

<3

I'm glad it helped your anxiety. We are a judgement free zone, don't ever be afraid to reach out![/size][/color][/font]

stronger than you seem,

Article Editor
  (#11 (permalink)) Old
Unregistered

Edit avatar

Re: can i be pregnant? - April 21st 2021, 10:31 AM

Hey!
Its me again.

Now, after thinking about it with a calm mind, I concluded that like really there is no way that pregnancy might be a possibility. There was no ejaculation, we had 4 layers of clothes in between, and his jeans didn't even had a spot of wetness, so it soaking mine is way out of question (even then it would've been one in a million scenario, but even that is not a case). So it can't be, also I did have a normal period on time last month.

According to a 30 day cycle I was expecting to start with periods yesterday, I had all the PMS things I usually have, but I guess its late this time. The thing is with me I haven't had a cycle more than 31 days till now (Today's the 31st day).

The reason I'm here again is that I want reassurance, logically, I know it ain't possible, but even the possibility is unimaginable for me that's why I'm freaking out.

Thank you once again in advance

Last edited by Oneirophobia; April 25th 2021 at 08:06 PM. Reason: Coding not needed.
  (#12 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount71

Edit avatar

Re: can i be pregnant? - April 21st 2021, 07:42 PM

I don't think you need to worry about pregnancy. You've had one period since your encounter. As for the period you are expecting, a number of things can affect your cycle, including stress, and if you've been stressing about pregnancy then it's understandable your period might be late (though of course I know that only makes you worry more). The likelihood of pregnancy is pretty much nonexistent, and was in the first place given how little direct contact there was between you and your partner. I would try to rationalize your anxieties with this knowledge and stress less; I am sure your period will come soon. Please feel free to reach out to use for support and help.
  (#13 (permalink)) Old
Unregistered

Edit avatar

Re: can i be pregnant? - April 22nd 2021, 02:23 PM

Thank you for the reassurance.

Actually from past 2 days my double chin has been feeling heavy ( it sounds very wierd but I don't know how else to say), like when you are about to cry and your throat starts to feel heavy. It's that but only in the double chin area. Sometimes I think if I eat something I'll vomit.

I have given my mind all of the facts and reasoning, but this feeling makes me feel something is wrong.
I know it's not possible, I KNOW. I just hope I have my period soon��

I've had the little pain that happens before period starts, but it hasn't started yet.

I know I'll probably feel extremely stupid when I read this thread later, but right now, I can't help it, and about this I can't talk to anyone too.

Last edited by Oneirophobia; April 22nd 2021 at 08:55 PM. Reason: Wording.
  (#14 (permalink)) Old
Oneirophobia Offline
Fear of Dreams

Junior TeenHelper

Name: Kayla C

Points: 19,348, Level: 20 Points: 19,348, Level: 20 Points: 19,348, Level: 20

Re: can i be pregnant? - April 22nd 2021, 08:56 PM

Stressing yourself out, could very well be the possible reason you haven't had it yet, most times when you stop stressing it eventually will come..

-christine

I fell in love the way you fall asleep. Slowly then all at once <3

HelpLINK Mentor|Forum Moderator|Social Media Guru|Photographer|Chat Moderator
  (#15 (permalink)) Old
Unregistered

Edit avatar

Re: can i be pregnant? - April 26th 2021, 05:33 PM

All okay now.
Thank you so much for all your support, it really helped my anxiety and helped me see things rationally.
Best wishes to all of you❤️

Last edited by Oneirophobia; April 27th 2021 at 12:31 PM. Reason: Coding not being used.
  (#16 (permalink)) Old
Panda Solo Offline
HelpLINK Mentor

Not a n00b

Name: Leah

Points: 8,301, Level: 13 Points: 8,301, Level: 13 Points: 8,301, Level: 13

Re: can i be pregnant? - April 27th 2021, 03:16 PM

Hello there,
Thank you for sharing your concern with us and after a while, how'd it go?
Generally speaking, dry humping does not cause pregancy, especially in situations in which ejaculations didn't occur. Your normal period cycle is also a proof that you are not pregant. The dizziness and weight gaining might be a symtom of overthinking or anxiety. Please stay assured.
  (#17 (permalink)) Old
Unregistered

Edit avatar

Re: can i be pregnant? - May 2nd 2021, 05:03 PM

Hey @panda solo!

I got my periods after a 35 day cycle, I've never been this late and I wasn't very stressed too (I've been way more stressed before).

I knew that I couldn't be pregnant, because it sounded too impossible with the clothes in factor, but that dizziness had me worried, because I couldn't find an explanation for it. It was the first time we did that, so maybe it was a sort of negative reaction to it, I'm still in the way of unlearning that all this is not 'wrong', and its completely okay to do it.

I think as I grow up and understand things better, this type of overthinking will go away.

Last edited by Oneirophobia; May 2nd 2021 at 09:54 PM. Reason: Coding not being used.
  (#18 (permalink)) Old
Dawn. Offline
Laughter. Faith. Hope.

TeenHelp Veteran

Points: 88,663, Level: 42 Points: 88,663, Level: 42 Points: 88,663, Level: 42

Re: can i be pregnant? - May 3rd 2021, 09:44 AM

Hi there!

I believe it does not cause you to become pregnant. However, if you are concerned, you can always speak to your doctor or get a pregnancy test.

Closed Thread