TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Sex and Puberty (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f6-sex-puberty/)
-   -   When does puberty stop? (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f6-sex-puberty/t33162-when-does-puberty-stop/)

Doodle. December 29th 2009 07:32 PM

When does puberty stop?

Because I'm pretty sure my breasts are still growing -_____- which is a pain as I don't want them to be much bigger. Also, I only really started getting sexually attracted towards men and women when I was around 17 /: I kind of considered I was asexual until then.

Jesus Christ. December 29th 2009 07:50 PM

Re: When does puberty stop?

I believe breasts constantly change size?

TheLittleNinja December 29th 2009 08:53 PM

Puberty can stop any time between 14-21 really. I guess it depends when you start puberty as to when you finish puberty.

Like Keady said above though, breast are always changing within our bodily cycles, and over time they probably will get slightly larger. Although if yours are changing naturally fast - then you probably are still going through puberty. Just let them grow - they'll stop eventually!!

Take Care,
Claire x

Doodle. December 29th 2009 11:33 PM

Ohhh I didn't know that -feels ignorant- thanks :p Well, I've grown almost a size in the past few months and they just feel like they're growing >.<

CompassionateSoul December 29th 2009 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuackerJackWoop (Post 291230)
Puberty can stop any time between 14-21 really. I guess it depends when you start puberty as to when you finish puberty.

You're exactly right. The amount you grow and how long it lasts depends on how much of various hormones are released. For example, the amount of human growth hormone will determine how much muscle you develop and how tall you get. The amount released generally starts to drop around the age of 25, when your bones stop growing (so keep munching on calcium :P).
You can determine how much HGH is released, but only minimally and usually when you lift weights, which probably isn't all that helpful for yourself.

.Brittany. December 30th 2009 12:22 AM

Hey Ceilidh,

I'm the exact same as you, Mine are still growing, and I don't want them too anymore it's a HUGE pain in the rear. I'm sure they might stop after a couple more years.

Brittany

LittleMiss December 30th 2009 02:47 AM

Breasts tend to change throughout life unfortunately. Their size is somewhat tied to your weight.
But you may find that when you gain weight, your breasts increase a little in size in comparison to the rest of your body and when you lose it, they're the first things to shrink.