TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Sex and Puberty (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f6-sex-puberty/)
-   -   Female Advice Preferred: Puberty Question (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f6-sex-puberty/t33252-puberty-question/)

Nickel December 30th 2009 09:17 PM

Puberty Question

This is kinda awkward and embarrassing, but will I ever get boobs? haha

I just started my period this year and I'm still basically flat chested. (i barely fit into a AA cup and I have no cleavage >_<)

I am underweight, but I know several other girls around my age who have a similar body structure (except they actually have boobs haha).

It makes me extremely self-conscious since I feel like I'm the only person my age without boobs. @_@
Most of the women in my family are in the C-cup range (some even D+). :/ So I feel like this isn't normal.

~Jess~ December 30th 2009 10:28 PM

Re: Puberty Question

sure it's normal, I was an A cup when I got my first period. I'm nearly a c now and it's been about 2 1/2 years since I got mine. supposedly they grow a little every 3 months, i'm not sure if I completely believe that but thats what some doctors say. Also that they're gonna grow until ur like twenty so you probably have some time :).

Good Luck! Pm me if you'd like, and don't put too much thought in it just be happy the way you are!

TheBabyEater December 30th 2009 10:38 PM

It's normal, don't worry. I've had my period for... 3 or 4 years now, and I'm still an A cup. You might start growing a little later down the line. Just cause you got your period doesn't mean puberty is over! In fact, the fun part has just begun...

~Jess~ December 31st 2009 12:15 AM

TheBabyEater- "the fun part has just begun..."

haha yeah cramps stains and major pms, fun fun lol

Sweet_Venom December 31st 2009 12:45 AM

its normal. I hit puberty in the 7th grade an didnt grow boobs until 9th grade. peoples bodys grow different so just be patient and give puberty time and I can promise you that over time boobs will grow.

truth is females dont finish growing until there like 21 years old so you have time.

Lostandconfused December 31st 2009 04:27 AM

Its normal.. When i started my first period, i was very flat chested and I'm a skinny person, still am and i'm now in a cup b and still getting bigger... believe me you'll grow :smile

Nickel December 31st 2009 06:37 PM

Thank you for the responses everyone. I feel a little better about this haha.
I've just been worried since I started late (i'm 15) and i've been told that they stop growing at 14 D: but clearly that isn't the case.

CielleRavyncatt December 31st 2009 09:16 PM

A friend of mine started her period at about 13 with an A cup and about two years later she was a DDD and now needs a breast reduction to fix her sever back problems... Count your blessings and hope you don't end up huge :P

alonealways December 31st 2009 09:51 PM

I have a friend who didn't start until 17 and was totally flat chested. Now she's a normal size in comparison to her body size. (: You have time.

J.u.s.t.i.n.e. January 1st 2010 02:30 AM

You should be fine. Some people are late bloomers. Also my mom ays that they keep growing until you're inyour twenties. I myself know that I started my period and had almost no boobs and then they got really big, really fast. So fast that people started thinking I stuffed. So maybe that's what'll happen with you.

Just a nobody January 1st 2010 02:59 AM

I agree with everyone else on here. I didn't get my first period until this year, (see my age), and I still barely fit into a AA. So don't feel bad. And having huge breasts can be a pain as well. My theory is, it's better to have small than big.

MermaidMassacre January 1st 2010 03:41 AM

Its totally normal. I didn't start my period til I was 16. So I didn't get boobs till around then too!
I felt the same way...like awww...Sad...I want boobs.
They will come in good time. =)

LittleMiss January 2nd 2010 11:56 PM

I was about a B when I started and now I'm about a D. So don't worry. You'll probably gain 2 sizes by the time you're 18.

softdrink January 5th 2010 11:29 AM

Normally the period starts 13- 14 age. First time many girls feared about it. It is normal body action on puberty. Don’t any fear.

emma01 January 6th 2010 08:13 AM

Hey yea thats totally normal! I got my first period 1 month before I was 15...and have always been kinda small...up there :blush: but its not that bad because i can wear clothes that look better on flat-chested people!
And also it doesn't hurt to run!