TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr Hotlines

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Sex and Puberty For questions related to sex, puberty, and similar topics, ask here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
forfrosne Offline
I am immortal. So far so good.
I can't get enough

Name: Matthew

Do girls normally randomly start crying when on periods? - April 23rd 2010, 10:05 PM

I was sitting next to a girl in Geography, and she randomly started crying! Just bawling her eyes out! She told me she's on her period, but is that normal?

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Beetlejuice Offline
I'm apologising in advance >.>
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Megan

Re: Do girls normally randomly start crying when on periods? - April 23rd 2010, 10:36 PM

i have done this before. well not quite this but the SMALLEST thing and i would be balling my eyes out, or over the moon happy or even incredably pissed off. so maybe there was someting that upset her but it just wasnt quite as big as usual?

Razors pain you,
Rivers are damp,
Acids stain you
And drugs cause cramp,
Guns aren't lawful,
Nooses give,
Gas smells awful,
You might as well live.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Spellbound Offline
LGRW
Outside, huh?

Re: Do girls normally randomly start crying when on periods? - April 23rd 2010, 10:41 PM

Well, I've never started crying in school before.
But yeah, when I'm on my period, crying is a given. I'm pretty much a wreck during that week xD. The littlest things can set me off into some sort of crying spree.
But when I'm in public, I refrain from it as best I can.

Send a message via MSN to Spellbound  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Melody Pond Offline
is a superhero
I can't get enough

Name: Rachel

Re: Do girls normally randomly start crying when on periods? - April 23rd 2010, 10:42 PM

I know I do.
I had a biology test today that wasn't even that hard and I got stuck on one question and burst out into tears. Normally I would just leave the one question and come back to it but I couldn't stop crying because I didn't know the answer.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
L'espoir Offline
I can't get enough

Name: Jen

Re: Do girls normally randomly start crying when on periods? - April 23rd 2010, 10:44 PM

Yeah, I cried because they ran out of the paninis that I wanted to eat

PM // VM

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Algernon Offline
CPT-1 Phlebotomist
Outside, huh?

Name: Holly

Re: Do girls normally randomly start crying when on periods? - April 23rd 2010, 10:53 PM

Yep. Imagine crying for no reason. That's what we do all the time, lol.

Geek? Nerd? More like intellectual badass.

"You ran through Africa, and Asia, and Indonesia.. And now I've found you, and I love you. I want to know your name."
  Send a message via Yahoo to Algernon  
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Bibliophile Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Do girls normally randomly start crying when on periods? - April 23rd 2010, 11:21 PM

Yes, I do. Usually over the silliest things.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Justin Bieber Offline
=]
Outside, huh?

Name: Ask Away!

Re: Do girls normally randomly start crying when on periods? - April 23rd 2010, 11:27 PM

Oh my god yeah.
It will be the most absurd thing ever, yet I am crying my eyes out!
It's pretty darn normal

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Pelios Offline
on Pursuit of Happiness
Outside, huh?

Name: Andrea

Re: Do girls normally randomly start crying when on periods? - April 23rd 2010, 11:29 PM

Yes! I once cried because I was home and could not find a pencil to do my homework with I ended up crying in my room and didn’t do my homework

Everyone is born right-handed. Only the greatest overcome it.

(#10 (permalink)) Old
Speechless Offline
You are not alone.
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Do girls normally randomly start crying when on periods? - April 24th 2010, 01:44 AM

Haha, yeah.

I am very sensitive during my period. I once had a four hour long cry because I got my period the day before we were to go on camp, and I was supposed to be canoeing. Random.

Start at the beginning.
And when you come to the end, stop.

NEED TO VENT? CLICK HERE.
Never forget, you are not alone. ♥

(#11 (permalink)) Old
Lu82 Offline
HI EVERYONE!
Senior TeenHelper

Re: Do girls normally randomly start crying when on periods? - April 24th 2010, 01:47 AM

I get really sensative and even grouchy during that time.

Guenhwyvar roared a fourth time and darted off through the grove, a black arrow aimed at the heart of doom.

(#12 (permalink)) Old
Steph-O
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Stephanie

Re: Do girls normally randomly start crying when on periods? - April 24th 2010, 02:22 AM

if im getting ready to have my period, and I watch a sad movie... I start balling on the parts that I would normally just shed a little tear for, and usually I can't control it. lol, its a lil embarrassing... thats like the strongest indicator that im getting ready to start haha

Like a diet of the mind, I just choose not to indulge certain appetites; like my appetite for patterns; perhaps my appetite to imagine and to dream. - A Beautiful Mind

I met Steven October 3rd, 2008. We've been practically inseperable ever since. ♥
  Send a message via AIM to darkinnocenteyes Send a message via Skype™ to darkinnocenteyes 
  (#13 (permalink)) Old
ChapperIce Offline
Average Joe

Re: Do girls normally randomly start crying when on periods? - April 24th 2010, 06:27 AM

I'm a crybaby so I cry over things regardless, but I find it especially easy to start crying on or around my period so it's definitely nothing out of the ordinary. if you see a girl crying and she says this, be understanding. Maybe ask her if anything else happened that day to set her off, even if it's something small. She might appreciate the gesture and it might help her relax, especially if she's in public where it can be embarassing to cry.

(#14 (permalink)) Old
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Do girls normally randomly start crying when on periods? - April 24th 2010, 06:32 AM

yup. i call my bf in the middle of the night balling my eyes out because i ran out of chocolate and i cant sleep and i just want to be helddddd...but just get the hell away from me im such a wreck that week

(#15 (permalink)) Old
forfrosne Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Do girls normally randomly start crying when on periods? - April 24th 2010, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flowerchild32273 View Post
yup. i call my bf in the middle of the night balling my eyes out because i ran out of chocolate and i cant sleep and i just want to be helddddd...but just get the hell away from me im such a wreck that week
LOL xD

She started crying because I said to my friend next to me that if he draws on my sheet again, I'll personally rip his eyes out. Strange, eh?
It's funny how these tampon adverts etc paint periods out to be perfectly normal and painless things, when in reality most girls cry themselves to sleep chewing on a snickers bar lol

(#16 (permalink)) Old
LittleMiss Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Christine

Re: Do girls normally randomly start crying when on periods? - April 24th 2010, 01:23 PM

I cry because I'm emotionally unstable at that time. One minute I'm angry, the next I'm bawling.

Happy to talk about anything and everything.
Send me a message any time, my proverbial door is open

Laughter is the best medicine
Q: What's the difference between a surgeon and God?
A: God doesn't think he's a surgeon.

(#17 (permalink)) Old
Nicolette Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Nicolette

Re: Do girls normally randomly start crying when on periods? - April 24th 2010, 04:39 PM

SOME women get really emotional during their periods, the smallest thing will set them into a mode where they can be ripping your heart out with their bare hands or crying and sniffling because their out of icecream. Not ALL women have emotional meltdowns because their menstrating.

"When it comes down to it I let them think what they want, if they care enough to bother with what I do then I'm already better than them." Marilyn Monroe.
  Send a message via MSN to Nicolette Send a message via Yahoo to Nicolette  
  (#18 (permalink)) Old
Regular TeenHelper

Re: Do girls normally randomly start crying when on periods? - April 24th 2010, 07:23 PM

yes. i have such bad mood swings when im on my period.
i try and hold it in but it usually just gets worse. i end up going up to my room and bawling my eyes out for no reason. haha, before my mum has come into my room and be like "why are you crying??" im just like "i don't know! :|"

(#19 (permalink)) Old
Soliloquy Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Do girls normally randomly start crying when on periods? - April 24th 2010, 08:01 PM

I've never personally just burst into tears on my period. I tend to get more angry than anything.

(#20 (permalink)) Old
Deadpool Offline
Yip yip

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Cara

Re: Do girls normally randomly start crying when on periods? - April 24th 2010, 08:45 PM

This happened to me today. I was on a crowded bus and someone got up and shut all the windows near me and I cried a little because 1) I got really hot and 2) I thought he was rude for not asking if anyone minded him shutting the windows.

I get worked up over the smallest things all the time when it's near my period.

(#21 (permalink)) Old
Make Believe Online
makes everything 20% cooler.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Ceilidh ("Kay-Lee")

Re: Do girls normally randomly start crying when on periods? - April 24th 2010, 09:34 PM

I'm not like this but I know loads of girls who are.

Send a message via MSN to Make Believe  
  (#22 (permalink)) Old
forfrosne Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Do girls normally randomly start crying when on periods? - April 24th 2010, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conspiracy. View Post
I'm not like this but I know loads of girls who are.
So do you just not notice much difference, or is it something different?

(#23 (permalink)) Old
xxpaigiexx Offline
Up In The Clouds...

I've been here a while

Name: Paige

Re: Do girls normally randomly start crying when on periods? - April 24th 2010, 10:15 PM

I can't honestly say I've burst into tears during my period. I'm pretty much the same, I don't think anyone could tell any difference in my mood. I can sometimes be a little bit more lazy and sluggish, occassionally slightly irritable... but nothing major.

(#24 (permalink)) Old
Broken one Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Sian

Re: Do girls normally randomly start crying when on periods? - April 24th 2010, 10:41 PM

Yup I'll just randomly burst into tears sometimes, like if I can't find something, or if the slightest thing goes wrong then I just break down ^^;;

(#25 (permalink)) Old
forfrosne Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Do girls normally randomly start crying when on periods? - April 24th 2010, 10:43 PM

So why is this? Our sex ed classes were crud.

(#26 (permalink)) Old
Sonofalich Offline
Banned
Average Joe

Name: James

Re: Do girls normally randomly start crying when on periods? - April 25th 2010, 12:50 AM

Wow... the ammount of "yeah's" are overwhelming, crazy. Learn something new everyday

(#27 (permalink)) Old
I've been here a while

Re: Do girls normally randomly start crying when on periods? - April 25th 2010, 01:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainOnMe View Post
So why is this? Our sex ed classes were crud.
Basically, it is to do with the change in hormones that happens just before a girl's period. Just before a girl's period and during, she has higher levels of progesterone and that can make her feel tired, grumpy, upset etc.

Different hormones are at different levels throughout a girl's whole cycle, so at some points in the month, a girl will be happier due to higher levels of oestrogen, but when those levels fall, she'll be less happy. A lot of girls are able to track their cycles and tell which days (approximately) they're going to be feeling good and which days they are likely to burst into tears for no reason.

Information is from my copy of Kaz Cooke's Girl Stuff, page 149.

PM me!

Dreaming about the day
When you wake up and find
That what you're looking for
Has been here the whole time.

(#28 (permalink)) Old
losing touch. Offline
oh, really?..
Jeez, get a life!

Re: Do girls normally randomly start crying when on periods? - April 25th 2010, 01:55 AM

Never happened to me. I went on the injection to stop my periods but before that it would just be like any other week.. didn't feel any different. I guess everyones different.

..and our dreams will break the boundaries of our fears..

(#29 (permalink)) Old
fresco Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Sam

Re: Do girls normally randomly start crying when on periods? - April 25th 2010, 02:35 AM

I don't *always* cry on my period but I am definitely more likely to cry and be more emotionally dramatic in general. Like- I get upset easier, I tend to hold grudges, give the cold shoulder, everything. Also much more likely to say "You just don't understand!" and march out of rooms lol.

(#30 (permalink)) Old
Live Help Operator

I've been here a while

Name: Christina

Re: Do girls normally randomly start crying when on periods? - April 25th 2010, 02:50 AM

Yup, I do this, over the littlest things, over things that aren't even worth crying about.

(#31 (permalink)) Old
bitesize Offline
Member since April '07
Outside, huh?

Re: Do girls normally randomly start crying when on periods? - April 25th 2010, 12:13 PM

I might be a bit more tearful the day before my period is due, but I wouldn't really burst out crying. Since I started the pill thoughhh.....jaaaaaysus. Toilet paper advertisements get me going sometimes. Dislikage.

Don't take life too seriously; no one gets out alive anyway.

Reach for the stars so if you fall you land on a cloud ~ Kanye West

Mistakes are minimized by experience and experience is maximised by mistakes.

(#32 (permalink)) Old
Twisted Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Re: Do girls normally randomly start crying when on periods? - April 25th 2010, 12:49 PM

I have mood swings when i'm on my period. But i'm starting to think that i just have mood swings every day in general regardless of whether i'm on my period or not...

(#33 (permalink)) Old
Jasna88 Offline
Marketing Manager
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Do girls normally randomly start crying when on periods? - April 25th 2010, 01:14 PM

I never cried when i was in HS, but i probably would now (since i started taking BC pll i am emotional MESS, often depressed and crying).

But yes, thats quite normal as period makes females very hormonal and emotional.
  Send a message via AIM to Jasna88 Send a message via MSN to Jasna88 Send a message via Skype™ to Jasna88 
  (#34 (permalink)) Old
Victoria ♥ Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Victoria

Re: Do girls normally randomly start crying when on periods? - April 25th 2010, 01:20 PM

Not usually although my friend called me an idiot last time i was on my period and i started crying, she loooked at me like i had gone mad. We usually insult each other all day and i never even care lol.

♥ 18.10.08 ♥
LiveHelp Operator

(#35 (permalink)) Old
zumbaqueen2012 Offline
I can't get enough

Name: Mia

Re: Do girls normally randomly start crying when on periods? - April 25th 2010, 05:50 PM

Yep this is me!!
I'm an over emotional person anyway at the best of times. But the week or few days before my period arrives, I'm a nightmare! Usually, by the time it actually comes though, I'm fine again!
  Send a message via MSN to zumbaqueen2012  
  (#36 (permalink)) Old
lovechild777 Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Mindie

Re: Do girls normally randomly start crying when on periods? - April 25th 2010, 09:47 PM

lol it depends on the girl... but hormone levels are high at that time of the month, meaning its easier to get irritated, angry and to cry.

(#37 (permalink)) Old
MadPoet Offline
You're the Original <3
Outside, huh?

Name: Amanda.

Re: Do girls normally randomly start crying when on periods? - April 25th 2010, 10:11 PM

Last night I was crying for about three hours simply because I couldn't fall asleep. xD I never start crying at nothing, but it can appear that way because I start crying at things that wouldn't ordinarily anger me or make a sane person sad.

A lonely soul in a land of broken hearts

(#38 (permalink)) Old
Thurineth Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Laura

Re: Do girls normally randomly start crying when on periods? - April 25th 2010, 10:31 PM

Me at the moment, yes! I'm not on my period since I have the implants, but the hormones are making me like this all the time! So i'm seeing the doctor tomorrow about getting it out
  Send a message via MSN to Thurineth Send a message via Skype™ to Thurineth 
  (#39 (permalink)) Old
KoKoEm Offline
love's lookin' good on you =]
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Emily

Re: Do girls normally randomly start crying when on periods? - April 25th 2010, 11:54 PM

As pretty much everyone has said, it's depends on the girl. I know my personality and stuff is no different when I'm on my period. Unless it's an extra stressful week, then I will be extremely pissy. However, that just may be stressful weeks. I know one of my friends is ALWAYS extremely happy and cheery and stuff when she's on her period. Weirdest thing I had ever seen.

This is how it ends
We believe every lie & say we'll still be friends
How long will it last
Before we scratch all the scripts & rework the casts
*Hourglass by the Hush Sound*

PM me =]

Current Craft Obsession: http://friendship-bracelets.net
Craft obsessions vary often.
  Send a message via AIM to KoKoEm Send a message via MSN to KoKoEm Send a message via Yahoo to KoKoEm  
  (#40 (permalink)) Old
niente_ Offline
Ex band geek, but still proud.
I've been here a while

Name: Niente

Re: Do girls normally randomly start crying when on periods? - April 27th 2010, 06:04 PM

It's normal for some girls, but not for all. But I'm about to go on, and last night I cried myself to sleep for no reason. Random, and I never know why.

Sometimes it's better to forget how you feel
and remember what you deserve

S. M ... still in my heart, forever

Closed Thread