TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Sex and Puberty For questions related to sex, puberty, and similar topics, ask here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Sounobvious Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Jenna

Lack of sex drive at night + Weird burning sensation possibly from using a condom? - July 25th 2010, 10:03 PM

So...I dont know why but I don't ever seem to get turned on at night but it sucks because that is the main time I am able to hang out with my boyfriend. Sometimes I know he's really horny so I'll have sex anyways in hope that I will eventually get turned on and like it but sometiems that doesn't work and it just ends up hurting and I feel this burning sensation.

However, morning sex is usually always good. He came over for breakfast today and we had sex before and after breakfast and it was great. We also didn't use a condom for these two times and we usually do so maybe that made it better? (My periods in 3 days and I'm on the pill so we thought it'd be safe)

Basically I don't like having sex at night..because I'm usually not turned on and now I just expect it to hurt because it usually does..and using a condom makes it even worse cuz it just like gets dry and rubs and hurts.

Is this normal? How come I'm never in the mood at night, my boyfriend sometimes thinks it's him and that I'm not attracted to him but usually i just am not feeling it. He doesn't get it because he gets turned on so easily at any time of the day. I can't do that.... I wish I could though. Is there any way to change this?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Jaguar Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Stephen Davis

Re: Lack of sex drive at night + Weird burning sensation possibly from using a condom? - July 26th 2010, 01:44 PM

Well, you're not the only one. People are often not turned on at night for a lot of reasons:they're tired, they've had something to drink, they've been thinking about all the little frustrations of the day. For me it's normal to be more turned on in the morning. I'm fresh and relaxed and I've been next to my gf all night. They problem is it's often time to get up and I can't be late for something.

You might try a lot more kissing and cuddling at night before sex. Take a shower together or exchange massages to get each other relaxed. If he just wants a quickie, he'll have to adapt to you some, or find a way to please him without it hurting you, suck as lots and lots of lube, such as astroglide.

It could be that you are mildly allergic to latex or some of the chemicals that they use to make condoms. From what I'm hearing that's becoming more and more common. If you take the pill correctly it's supposed to be a lot more effective than condoms anyway so bareback is your best option. Morning sex au naturel - sounds good to me.

What just happened?

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Daydreamer Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Megan

Re: Lack of sex drive at night + Weird burning sensation possibly from using a condom? - July 26th 2010, 03:41 PM

It could be that because you aren't turned on, you aren't getting wet, and that could cause the pain. So I would suggest trying to incorporate some lube into the late night sex, because it will most likely not only make it less painful, but also more enjoyable. You could also try using some condoms with lube on them? Like Jaguar said it also might help to have a little more foreplay before the actual sex. Hope everything works out, Megan

(#4 (permalink)) Old
rhapsody Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Lack of sex drive at night + Weird burning sensation possibly from using a condom? - July 26th 2010, 07:24 PM

I suspect as well that since you've got into the mindset of 'I can't have sex at night cos it will hurt' that it has become a self-fulfilling prophecy - your body freezes up and however hard you try to relax, you can't, so sex becomes even more painful.

I speak from experience as this is a problem I've had (though I am the opposite from you as I prefer sex at night when it's dark - not because I'm shy about my body but because it feels sexier to me). Definitely use lube, astroglide is a good one, but you might need to shop around a bit to find one that suits you. If you feel a bit funny about stopping mid-foreplay to use it, you can get also these little beads full of lube that you can insert vaginally long before you plan to have sex and they will last up to 4 days.

It may be less painful when you have sex without a condom because his pre-cum will give extra lubrication, but the main damage is done when he first enters you, so its important to use lube for that bit at least. Whatever you do, don't rush back into having sex again if it hurt last time, give it a week or 2 for things to heal or you will only end up hurting yourself more.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
WillO'Wisp Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Lack of sex drive at night + Weird burning sensation possibly from using a condom? - July 27th 2010, 04:00 AM

You're not the only person who experiences this. I used to be more turned on during the night time and more aroused and feel more frisky, then in the morning, I would feel my level of horniness go down and crash. I am never horny in the mornings. I'm a night person, you are a morning person, I believe alot of people are like that, so it's not unusual.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Sounobvious Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Jenna

Re: Lack of sex drive at night + Weird burning sensation possibly from using a condom? - July 28th 2010, 07:48 AM

thanks all, this really helped. It's nice to not feel like Im the only one.

Closed Thread