TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Sex and Puberty For questions related to sex, puberty, and similar topics, ask here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Koharuchan Offline
Skittles Minion
I can't get enough

Name: Haru

Question Serious question. Why do boys love boobs so much? - March 26th 2011, 04:04 PM

I'm not trying to be funny, I'm completely serious. I've even asked some of my guy friends before, and none of them can give a straight answer and end up making jokes. Why are boobs such a big deal and such a huge turn on?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Eternal Offline
Lead Moderator

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Nicole

Re: Serious question. Why do boys love boobs so much? - March 26th 2011, 04:38 PM

I'm not sure, but I think its just because they are squishy and fun to play with.. . my ex could never answer that question either.

And here you are living, despite it all.
Lead Moderator | Disputes Committee | HelpLINK Mentor

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Make Believe Offline
makes everything 20% cooler.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Kayleigh

Re: Serious question. Why do boys love boobs so much? - March 26th 2011, 04:48 PM

-coming from a bisexual girl- it's just the same reason as to why straight girls like penises (penile? penes? I don't know the plural) and testicles. It's just something girls have and if you're attracted to girls then boobs are awesome

Plus, like Nicole says, they're squishy and fun

"Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself."
  Send a message via MSN to Make Believe  
2 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Brandon Offline
I can't get enough

Name: Brandon

Re: Serious question. Why do boys love boobs so much? - March 26th 2011, 05:10 PM

Because having boobs represents femininity, and straight men are attracted to women who look feminine.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Acheron Offline
El Tigre
I can't get enough

Re: Serious question. Why do boys love boobs so much? - March 26th 2011, 05:11 PM

They look and feel nice, like everyone else said. And from an evolutionary perspective, large, non-saggy boobs are a powerful signal of youth and therefore fertility. Guys aren't turned on my just any boobs, remember. Saggy, wrinkled ones are squicky.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
xxpaigiexx Offline
Up In The Clouds...

I can't get enough

Name: Paige

Re: Serious question. Why do boys love boobs so much? - March 26th 2011, 05:50 PM

I think guys love boobs because they don't have them. I'm sure if men had boobs then they wouldn't be quite as obsessed with them.

2 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Noire Offline
When is the future?
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jordan

Re: Serious question. Why do boys love boobs so much? - March 26th 2011, 05:52 PM

Because they look and feel wonderful. Much of it is an innate part of human evolution, like Acheron said.

Love joins
Love unites
Love breaks us apart
The power to conquer here in our hearts
Enduring and sacred
Eternal as time
For love, love alone will conquer all

"A Million," by VNV Nation
  Send a message via Yahoo to Noire  
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
Regular TeenHelper

Re: Serious question. Why do boys love boobs so much? - March 26th 2011, 10:42 PM

I'd like to know this aswell. My boyfriend loves my bum and boobs (and I have very small boobs). I just don't get it. I guess as someone else mentioned, it's feminine and different to them?

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Kyeto-X Offline
Angel without a Halo
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Will

Re: Serious question. Why do boys love boobs so much? - March 26th 2011, 10:57 PM

A) Boobs are fun and squishy!!!

B) We don't have them all the time, so they are something new and fun to play with (curiosity)

C) They are 'exotic' in that Guys don't have them and that it is taboo to touch a girl's breast. Breast are something that we are not use to touching and holding and playing with. So the act of touching a girl's breast is somewhat of a first step into "manhood" so-to-speak (Note: No, touching a breast does not make you a man anymore then cutting off your foreskin makes you a man)

D) There is a cultural expectation that 'real' men are fascinated with breast. Thus, every boy grows up trying to figure out what it means to be a man, and this is one of the definitions that we as a cultural gives them. Us guys are trained from birth to love breast.

D) They are an erogenous zone on a girl's body. Thus we are actually encouraged to touch them by your reaction to our hands on your breast. (Admit it, It feels good to have the sexy man you love handle your breast... and you let us know ALL about it )

E) Evolutionary Psychology. Symmetry is an important factor in the health of an individual, and thus the potential health of their babies you are trying to make. Breast is one of the MANY lines of symmetry that we can draw on the human body. Breast is just one of the most obvious ones. Also, Breast are used for feeding babies (back in the days before formula). Bigger breast generally means more breast tissue to make milk. It also means more fat, which a mother NEEDS in order to survive. Bigger breast, bigger thighs, and bigger butts means more fat stores for pregnancy. And thus, the more likely you are to SURVIVE giving birth to live healthy babies.

In other words, we know full well why we like breast. But that doesn't mean we can control it nor that it is even something TO be controlled. It is part natural and part cultural. If you don't like us staring at your boobs, quit broadcasting that you have them

P.S. There are many MANY other threads on this site that talk about this EXACT same issue...
Linky to the Thready

"One of the things I regret the most of being able to imagine anything,
is having to fear nothing"

"Realty is a lot more malleable then most people think.
They just refuse to believe that they can do anything about it."

"If a simple electron has a small,
but nonzero chance of doing the impossible,
what is stopping us from doing the same thing?"

-Wise Sayings from a Raving Lunatic
Follow me and my new book on Facebook!

Last edited by Kyeto-X; March 26th 2011 at 11:08 PM.
  Send a message via Skype™ to Kyeto-X 
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#10 (permalink)) Old
TheCrowing Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Courtney

Re: Serious question. Why do boys love boobs so much? - March 27th 2011, 04:06 AM

This guy in one of my classes likes to give me hugs while he's sitting and I'm standing just so he can rest his head on my boobs. He told me that he loves them because they're super comfy. Gay guys, straight guys and girls alike have told me that exact same thing. I guess I could agree. aha

"Although only breath, words which I command are immortal." Sappho

"Sometimes I feel nothing at all. Sometimes I feel everything is my fault.
Sometimes I feel the hate break my mind. Sometimes I feel they deserve it this time.
May the bridges I burn light my way." - I, Alone - Otep

(#11 (permalink)) Old
WillO'Wisp Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Serious question. Why do boys love boobs so much? - March 27th 2011, 04:10 AM

They are women's lovely lady lumps. They're bouncy and fun and beautiful. =D

(#12 (permalink)) Old
MermaidMassacre Offline
Finding beauty in darkness.
I've been here a while

Name: Bridget

Re: Serious question. Why do boys love boobs so much? - March 27th 2011, 02:37 PM

I'm a girl, but I'm bi. I think it's just because they look pretty and feel fun. For guys it's something they don't have, so they get excited about those. Us on the otherhand see them everyday so don't see them as a big deal. Then again I still get excited about mine hahah.
It's just a sex object. It always has been. We have boobs and a vagina, guys have testicles and a penis. Both we keep hidden so it creates this "mystery" of the unknown. So the second we whip our parts out. The mystery is gone so then it's just curiousity.
That's how I see it.
Either way both are fun to play with =D

I'll do whatever it takes to be the mistake you can't live without.
  Send a message via AIM to MermaidMassacre Send a message via MSN to MermaidMassacre Send a message via Yahoo to MermaidMassacre Send a message via Skype™ to MermaidMassacre 
  (#13 (permalink)) Old
darkangeljbm Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Jaclyn

Re: Serious question. Why do boys love boobs so much? - March 27th 2011, 05:09 PM

Boy love toys and boobs are like toys they don't have.SO they want to play them them when they can lol ( really that is what all my guy friends says )

(#14 (permalink)) Old
Koharuchan Offline
Skittles Minion
I can't get enough

Name: Haru

Re: Serious question. Why do boys love boobs so much? - March 27th 2011, 05:10 PM

In response to the pillows comment, my boyfriend is the same way. He jokes and says "they're the comfiest pillows I've ever laid on."

(#15 (permalink)) Old
--.redpanda.-- Offline
Solaris
Average Joe

Name: Calli

Re: Serious question. Why do boys love boobs so much? - March 27th 2011, 11:42 PM

Coming from a lesbian girl, they are fun, easier to play with, and comfy.

They are just a bunch of fun, hun!

"It is better to be feared than loved, if not both."

(#16 (permalink)) Old
SparklingWine Offline
Normality, my friends.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Lynds :)

Re: Serious question. Why do boys love boobs so much? - March 28th 2011, 01:35 AM

I personally think it's because people associate boobs with sex.
And sex is a turn on

I don't think it's actually boobs that a guy likes, it's the idea.
Plus, when a girls boobs are being played with, she might get turned on and again, guys like that.

Send a message via AIM to SparklingWine Send a message via MSN to SparklingWine  
  (#17 (permalink)) Old
forfrosne Offline
I am immortal. So far so good.
I can't get enough

Name: Matthew

Re: Serious question. Why do boys love boobs so much? - March 28th 2011, 10:03 PM

Bouncy Bouncy.

That answer your question?

(#18 (permalink)) Old
Alicia.C Offline
Average Joe

Name: Alicia

Re: Serious question. Why do boys love boobs so much? - March 30th 2011, 05:08 PM

I'm bi, and I think boobs are sexy. The shapes and forms, big, small, silicone or saline, all boobs are good boobs. I did read somewhere though that the attraction to boobs has to do with bums. :/ The clevage of your boobs looks like a butt crack. Seriously. lol I had never noticed until reading that, but it's the truth.

(#19 (permalink)) Old
Smitten Offline
WRINGL
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Smitten

Re: Serious question. Why do boys love boobs so much? - March 30th 2011, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
Because having boobs represents femininity, and straight men are attracted to women who look feminine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acheron View Post
They look and feel nice, like everyone else said. And from an evolutionary perspective, large, non-saggy boobs are a powerful signal of youth and therefore fertility. Guys aren't turned on my just any boobs, remember. Saggy, wrinkled ones are squicky.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyeto-X View Post
A) Boobs are fun and squishy!!!

B) We don't have them all the time, so they are something new and fun to play with (curiosity)

C) They are 'exotic' in that Guys don't have them and that it is taboo to touch a girl's breast. Breast are something that we are not use to touching and holding and playing with. So the act of touching a girl's breast is somewhat of a first step into "manhood" so-to-speak (Note: No, touching a breast does not make you a man anymore then cutting off your foreskin makes you a man)

D) There is a cultural expectation that 'real' men are fascinated with breast. Thus, every boy grows up trying to figure out what it means to be a man, and this is one of the definitions that we as a cultural gives them. Us guys are trained from birth to love breast.

D) They are an erogenous zone on a girl's body. Thus we are actually encouraged to touch them by your reaction to our hands on your breast. (Admit it, It feels good to have the sexy man you love handle your breast... and you let us know ALL about it )

E) Evolutionary Psychology. Symmetry is an important factor in the health of an individual, and thus the potential health of their babies you are trying to make. Breast is one of the MANY lines of symmetry that we can draw on the human body. Breast is just one of the most obvious ones. Also, Breast are used for feeding babies (back in the days before formula). Bigger breast generally means more breast tissue to make milk. It also means more fat, which a mother NEEDS in order to survive. Bigger breast, bigger thighs, and bigger butts means more fat stores for pregnancy. And thus, the more likely you are to SURVIVE giving birth to live healthy babies.

In other words, we know full well why we like breast. But that doesn't mean we can control it nor that it is even something TO be controlled. It is part natural and part cultural. If you don't like us staring at your boobs, quit broadcasting that you have them

P.S. There are many MANY other threads on this site that talk about this EXACT same issue...
Linky to the Thready

Everything I was going to say is summed up above.

You know you are on the precipice of greatness when you feel joy, fear, and the butterflies of change all at the same time.

(#20 (permalink)) Old
dylan:P Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Serious question. Why do boys love boobs so much? - April 4th 2011, 04:01 AM

It's entertaining to watch them jiggle when... nevermind. you get the point.

Closed Thread