TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr Hotlines

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Sex and Puberty For questions related to sex, puberty, and similar topics, ask here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
sol92 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Girls, whats your ideal size? - May 23rd 2011, 05:51 PM

hey, urmm was just wondering what girls ideal penis size would be? and why?

im around 5 inches, is that too small? kinda self conscious about this!

please be honest! thanks x

Users of TeenHelp have rated post 648252 as the most helpful or liked. Click here to skip right to it!
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
jazzmyn999 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Girls, whats your ideal size? - May 23rd 2011, 06:11 PM

to be honest, i dont care. and i dont think many girls do. as long as its there, we're not picky. dont be self conscious, just be confident with what you have

(#3 (permalink)) Old
TakeMeHigher Offline
captain average
Not a n00b

Name: Lucy

Re: Girls, whats your ideal size? - May 23rd 2011, 06:55 PM

If a girl is too picky over the size of your penis she's obviously not worth it, so dont worry! if its 1inch or 10inch, there's nothing you can do so embrace the fact you have one and put it to good use! haha x

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Harmony♥ Offline
Proud Military Girlfriend
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Shannon

Re: Girls, whats your ideal size? - May 23rd 2011, 07:59 PM

Hey sol92,

It's not the size of the penis, it's how you use it. Are you saying you are 5 inches soft or 5 inches when you have an erection? There is a difference, since obviously, the penis grows in size when turned on. Most girls will tell you that size is not a big deal, and it's the truth. Don't be self-conscious with what you've got, there is really nothing you can do about it. If you are young, you may still have some time to grow, so don't be too hard on yourself if you get bigger, or stay the size you are. Girls want a confident man who knows what he wants, and how to handle himself in the bedroom. If you show weakness there, then a girl might care just a bit.
Take care <3

I may wear the glass slippers; But my hero wears combat boots <3 I love you, Lieutenant

HelpLink Mentor 6/13/2011
Pregnancy & Childcare Moderator 11/26/2011
Fashion & Style Moderator 12/28/2011
Social Groups Moderator 12/28/2011
  Send a message via AIM to Harmony♥  
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Angel Offline
The final horcrux
I've been here a while

Re: Girls, whats your ideal size? - May 23rd 2011, 08:23 PM

Everyone has their own idea of what "ideal" is. Girth is something to take into account, which you have not mentioned.

"Years ago, I knew a boy who made all the wrong choices."

(#6 (permalink)) Old
ertyuio Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Girls, whats your ideal size? - May 23rd 2011, 09:08 PM

Is it a coincidence that not one person's actually answered his question yet?

I think that says a lot about what women think of it...or, rather, how they seem to care more about making the OP feel better than being honest (about this particular question).

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Harmony♥ Offline
Jeez, get a life!

Re: Girls, whats your ideal size? - May 23rd 2011, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuantumModulus View Post

I think that says a lot about what women think of it...or, rather, how they seem to care more about making the OP feel better than being honest (about this particular question).
If you noticed, we are trying to make him feel better by saying size does not matter. If he was 1 inch or 10, it does not make a difference to us.

I may wear the glass slippers; But my hero wears combat boots <3 I love you, Lieutenant

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Maloo Offline
Maloooooo
I can't get enough

Name: Lissa

Re: Girls, whats your ideal size? - May 24th 2011, 12:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShannonPants View Post

If you noticed, we are trying to make him feel better by saying size does not matter. If he was 1 inch or 10, it does not make a difference to us.
I'm pretty sure if you had sex with someone with an inch long penis, it would matter.
I don't know my ideal size because idk how big mmy boyfriend is.

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Harmony♥ Offline
Jeez, get a life!

Re: Girls, whats your ideal size? - May 24th 2011, 12:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myss View Post
I'm pretty sure if you had sex with someone with an inch long penis, it would matter.
I don't know my ideal size because idk how big mmy boyfriend is.
Actually, I wouldn't care. As long as it satisified me, I'd be perfectly happy with that. Don't just assume that everyone needs a large penis to get off.

(#10 (permalink)) Old
Whisperer Offline
Find yourself and be that
I've been here a while

Name: Alessa

Re: Girls, whats your ideal size? - May 24th 2011, 01:05 AM

It doesn't matter to me. Different girls have different preferences.

Whatever it is, chances are I've been there.
If I can make it out, you can too.

(#11 (permalink)) Old
Angel Offline
The final horcrux
I've been here a while

Re: Girls, whats your ideal size? - May 24th 2011, 01:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuantumModulus View Post

I haven't slept with enough men with penises to have any idea of what my ideal is.

I saw a poll done around another website and the preference was about 7 (8?) inches I believe.

"Years ago, I knew a boy who made all the wrong choices."

(#12 (permalink)) Old
Ignite Offline
Skittles Minion

Jeez, get a life!

Re: Girls, whats your ideal size? - May 24th 2011, 02:54 AM

As a small girl, I have trouble with pain during sex, so a larger penis would actually intimidate me. xD You're fine the way you are, a girl who obsesses over penile size is obviously immature and insecure.

Stand before the people you fear and speak your mind
- even if your voice s h a k e s. -Maggie Kuhn

Rest in Peace Peter.
Skittlify
  Send a message via MSN to Ignite  
  (#13 (permalink)) Old
toxxxic21 Offline
It's Never Too Late <3
Average Joe

Re: Girls, whats your ideal size? - May 24th 2011, 03:00 AM

all you need is confidence...even though im still a virgin...i would prefer around 7 inches :P but...it doesnt really matter...confidence is a huge turn on...just dont get all arrogent (i have no idea how to spell that XP )

~whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same~

(#14 (permalink)) Old
Maloo Offline
Maloooooo
I can't get enough

Re: Girls, whats your ideal size? - May 24th 2011, 05:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShannonPants View Post

Actually, I wouldn't care. As long as it satisified me, I'd be perfectly happy with that. Don't just assume that everyone needs a large penis to get off.
I don't see how an inch long penis could possibly be satisfying in any way, shape, or form. I just don't see it as physically possible.

And really, thank you. Thank you for putting words in my mouth. I didn't say, nor assume, that everyone needs a large penis to be sexually satisfied. I'm looking at things realistically, you seems to be making things all happy and rainbows to make everyone feel good about themselves when really, if a guy has an abnormally small penis, he's probably not going to satisfy women in that way.

3 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#15 (permalink)) Old
toxxxic21 Offline
It's Never Too Late <3
Average Joe

Re: Girls, whats your ideal size? - May 24th 2011, 05:42 AM

Quote:
I don't see how an inch long penis could possibly be satisfying in any way, shape, or form. I just don't see it as physically possible.

And really, thank you. Thank you for putting words in my mouth. I didn't say, nor assume, that everyone needs a large penis to be sexually satisfied. I'm looking at things realistically, you seems to be making things all happy and rainbows to make everyone feel good about themselves when really, if a guy has an abnormally small penis, he's probably not going to satisfy women in that way.
honestly...one of my closest friends has a...idk...fetish? i guess for smaller penises...apparently it...stimulates her clitorus better during sex and she climaxes faster

~whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same~

(#16 (permalink)) Old
Power Cosmic Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Janos

Re: Girls, whats your ideal size? - May 24th 2011, 09:19 AM

I'm not a girl, but I think I can give you a wee bit of insight.

Well it all depends on the individual girl really, some like them big, some like them small, a lot don't care, but if we're talking average preferences, most girls won't want a penis that's too big, since too big = slamming into the cervix which = painful.

As for average penis sizes, you'll find dude that most guys will lie about their penis size. I remember reading an article which said that the average length of penis is around 5 inches anyway. Also, there's 'sensitive spots' in a girl's vagina so round about 5-6 is a good size to be anyway.

Also, something that not a lot of guys realise, girls usually care more about girth (that's the thickness) of a guy's cock than the length.

Also, I should point out there's one thing girls like most of all, and that's confidence, so don't feel self-conscious, be proud of what you got and develop your skill with it, since that's the 'distinguishing mark' more than other factors, usually.

"My one desire is for peace -- peace for everyone"

Send a message via MSN to Power Cosmic  
2 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#17 (permalink)) Old
Gaia Offline
same same, but different.
Outside, huh?

Name: Lou

Re: Girls, whats your ideal size? - May 24th 2011, 09:26 AM

To a certain extent, size does matter. At least to me it does. Yes yes, it's not the size of the boat, it's the motion in the ocean, but the boat gotta float

By that, I mean a really small penis will do nothing for a girl because she won't be able to feel it. As said before girth>length, but it also changes from girl to girl depending on what they're used to. And I'll echo Janos and say that too big hurts.
On a side note, you'll find a lot of women cannot orgasm from intercourse alone, so if you're worried about pleasing your partner, pick up some other skills to make it more enjoyable for her.

"Life is pain, anybody that says different is selling something" ~ Fezzik's Mother, The Princess Bride. ♥

"To die, would be an awfully big adventure."~ Peter Pan

"Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it.
Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumoured by many.
Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books.
Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders.
Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations.
But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it."

~ The Buddha

14-04-2010. R.R <3

(#18 (permalink)) Old
SamMarie Offline
Sam
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Sam

Re: Girls, whats your ideal size? - May 24th 2011, 10:00 AM

I mean it's not like we have a chart telling us the sizes of each penis to which may satisfy us. Personally, I don't care as long as I know something at least goes in me. Haha. I just don't want something like a micropenis which is in fact a real condition or anything TOO large where it can't go even half way through the penis.

(#19 (permalink)) Old
DragonRider Offline
Formerly DragonRider :P
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Chloe

Re: Girls, whats your ideal size? - May 24th 2011, 11:15 AM

Like outsider_girl, I would be intimidated by a large penis, as I'm pretty sure I don't have a lot of room in there xD I reckon 5 or 6 inches would be fine for me.

"Why is it that, as a culture, we are more comfortable seeing two men holding guns than holding hands?" ~ Ernest Gaines

She was whole before that night,
Believed in heaven before that night,
And she's not the only one,
She knows she won't be the only one.
She's not asking what you're going to tell your daughter,
She's asking what you're going to teach your son.

(#20 (permalink)) Old
Allons-y! Offline
Don't blink.
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Charlotte

Re: Girls, whats your ideal size? - May 24th 2011, 12:30 PM

I used to think I'd prefer smaller to larger because I had trouble having sex. But as sex got easier for me, I realized that size -- big or small -- didn't matter all that much because the female body accommodates really well for penile size. Haha. I don't think 5 inches is that small. Sounds pretty average to me. Maybe a little on the small side, but with penises, size is really only a problem (in my experience) when it comes to extremes: huge or tiny. You're neither, so don't worry about it. At 5 inches, the "it's not the size of the boat" saying really does still hold true.

let me light up the sky, light it up for you
let me tell you why, i would die for you
When you whisper, you must be absolutely as sincere as when you scream.
9 out of every 10 problems in relationships can be solved by talking. So why are we so damn quiet?

(#21 (permalink)) Old
Maloo Offline
Maloooooo
I can't get enough

Re: Girls, whats your ideal size? - May 24th 2011, 02:51 PM

I think another reason why it's hard to answer the question is that I'm pretty sure most girls don't go asking the guy how big he is before they have sex, write it down, and keep track of the best.

I personally have no idea how big anyone other than my boyfriend is, when it comes to people I've had sex with.

(#22 (permalink)) Old
Make Believe Offline
makes everything 20% cooler.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Ceilidh ("Kay-Lee")

Re: Girls, whats your ideal size? - May 24th 2011, 02:57 PM

Honestly, I don't care. It doesn't bother me at all.

Send a message via MSN to Make Believe  
  (#23 (permalink)) Old
PlayingPretend Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Elliotte

Re: Girls, whats your ideal size? - May 24th 2011, 03:29 PM

Quote:
I think another reason why it's hard to answer the question is that I'm pretty sure most girls don't go asking the guy how big he is before they have sex, write it down, and keep track of the best.

I personally have no idea how big anyone other than my boyfriend is, when it comes to people I've had sex with.
I agree with this.

When I was acting sexually with my ex (not speaking actual intercourse), the last thing I was thinking about was how big his penis was. And it's never crossed my mind with my current boyfriend, either.

The thing is that you're a pretty average size, from what I've heard (average being 5-6"), and I highly doubt any girl is a) going to ask you during run-of-the-mill dinner conversation, "so, um, hey, I was curious, how big are you?" or b) going to stop you in the heat of the moment in the middle of the act to tally up the size of your penis on some form of a scoreboard. It's not going to be about the size of the penis; it's about going to be how you work with it.

And wasn't there a thread circulating a while back - was it by CanadaCraig - where he said that the majority of women oftentimes overestimate their boyfriend's penis size as opposed to underestimating it? Can't remember; may not even have had to do with that at all.

If you feel you'd like additional support or to speak further with me, you can contact me through my personal Tumblr, Love Like An Hourglass (click), or PM me through TH.

(#24 (permalink)) Old
Average Joe

Name: Jamie

Re: Girls, whats your ideal size? - May 24th 2011, 04:58 PM

I would think anything between 4" and 8" would make most females happy. As others have said, only the extremes are going to be problematic.

I've never been afraid of the highest heights or afraid of flying high.
I've never been afraid of the wildest fights, not afraid of dying.

I guarantee you'll miss me, 'cause you changed the way you kiss me.

(#25 (permalink)) Old
Make Believe Offline
makes everything 20% cooler.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Ceilidh ("Kay-Lee")

Re: Girls, whats your ideal size? - May 24th 2011, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayingPretend View Post

I agree with this.

When I was acting sexually with my ex (not speaking actual intercourse), the last thing I was thinking about was how big his penis was. And it's never crossed my mind with my current boyfriend, either.

The thing is that you're a pretty average size, from what I've heard (average being 5-6"), and I highly doubt any girl is a) going to ask you during run-of-the-mill dinner conversation, "so, um, hey, I was curious, how big are you?" or b) going to stop you in the heat of the moment in the middle of the act to tally up the size of your penis on some form of a scoreboard. It's not going to be about the size of the penis; it's about going to be how you work with it.

And wasn't there a thread circulating a while back - was it by CanadaCraig - where he said that the majority of women oftentimes overestimate their boyfriend's penis size as opposed to underestimating it? Can't remember; may not even have had to do with that at all.
I think he asked girls to draw an estimation of 5.5 inches (I don't know if that's the average penis size or not, different sites are coming up with different answers) and then measure it with a ruler to see if they're close. I think most girls thought 5.5 was a lot smaller. Mine was something like 3 inches

Send a message via MSN to Make Believe  
  (#26 (permalink)) Old
Emilycox Offline
Average Joe

Name: Emily

Re: Girls, whats your ideal size? - May 24th 2011, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sol92 View Post
hey, urmm was just wondering what girls ideal penis size would be? and why?

im around 5 inches, is that too small? kinda self conscious about this!

please be honest! thanks x
The size of a guys penis would have NO impact on my feelings about having him as a bf. But, I'm going to be honest, if I was just fooling around with a guy casually, playing with it in my hands, I like it to be big.

(#27 (permalink)) Old
Regular TeenHelper

Re: Girls, whats your ideal size? - May 24th 2011, 07:37 PM

As most people have already said, the size isn't a huge issue unless it's extremely small or extremely large. I don't have a clue how big my current partners penis is; I just know it does the job

(#28 (permalink)) Old
DanceCommander Offline
Don't Panic
I can't get enough

Name: Jordan

Re: Girls, whats your ideal size? - May 24th 2011, 08:18 PM

After being with a variety of penis sizes, I would have to say size does matter to me. My ideal size is right about in the middle to slightly large, around 6 to 7 inches. I wouldn't break up with a guy just for being smaller than that or anything, but all my sexual experiences with men with smaller penis sizes have been less than satisfactory, so I am biased.

"Would you tell me, please, which way I ought to go from here?"
"That depends a good deal on where you want to get to."
"I don't much care where-"
"Then it doesn't matter which way you go."

~The Chesire Cat to Alice~
  Send a message via Yahoo to DanceCommander  
  (#29 (permalink)) Old
Angelito Offline
Pimpô
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Angel

Re: Girls, whats your ideal size? - June 3rd 2011, 12:14 AM

its not the size of the boat that matters, its the motion of the ocean
  Send a message via MSN to Angelito  
  (#30 (permalink)) Old
*Rainbow*Rider* Offline
<3
I've been here a while

Name: Hannah

Re: Girls, whats your ideal size? - June 3rd 2011, 12:21 AM

I thought about your question and genuinely could not think of a decent answer. There are pros and cons to all shapes and sizes but I've found the size genuinely doesn't matter. Its entirely how they use it. (I know its such a cliche, but its true)

I hope you feel better about yourself soon. 5 inches is just fine.

If the world is a cold place
Make it your business to start some fires

(#31 (permalink)) Old
HelpNeeded Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Girls, whats your ideal size? - June 3rd 2011, 12:36 AM

I have heard numerous times that a girls ideal size is above average, about 6 or 7 inches. You are in the majority of penis sizes if you are around 5. There is no reason to be self conscious about being average.

So what if girls wants you to have a bigger penis? Girls want you to have chiseled abs and look like Brad Pitt as well.

And like others here already have said, being bigger will not get you laid. If a girl is in the position where she can see how big you are, you are going to be fucking her anyways.

(#32 (permalink)) Old
BethanyAnn Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Bethany

Re: Girls, whats your ideal size? - June 3rd 2011, 03:06 PM

I don't really care, I have slept with a guy with a big one and a small one... Doesn't matter to us really, I mean as long as we love you thats all that matters.... girls are not like most men we dont worry about those things

"Have no fear for giving in, Have no fear for giving over
You'd better know that in the end, Its better to say too much, Than never to say what you need to say again" - John Mayer

Send a message via Yahoo to BethanyAnn Send a message via Skype™ to BethanyAnn 
Closed Thread