TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Sex and Puberty For questions related to sex, puberty, birth control and sexual health, ask here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
VampirePrincess Offline
Ice Princess
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Crystal

Points: 13,983, Level: 17 Points: 13,983, Level: 17 Points: 13,983, Level: 17

Unhappy Pain When Masturbating? - October 25th 2011, 09:09 AM

This is really embarrassing for me to admit, but here goes...I have a lot of pain when I masturbate.

It's only my second time doing so, but I'm very concerned about the pain because as far as I'm aware, I shouldn't have any. I do not think I still have my hymen, as I can't really feel it there and I did go horseback riding a lot when I was younger...but I have never felt a pain that could be it breaking either, so I don't know. :/

Anyway, when I insert one finger I feel fine, nothing's wrong. Two is a challenge for me...definitely still possible if I force them in, but I can only barely tolerate it and it hurts to spread them apart even a tiny bit.

My boyfriend and I have discussed various things it could be, and we are drawing total blanks except I think its because of lack of masturbation and therefore no stretching out, while he thinks that's crap and we must be overlooking something.

I was thinking perhaps a reason it hurt is because I'm simply not turned on enough to have no pain, which would be easily remedied by having him try, but he doesn't want to until the pain is gone.

I've considered going to the gynecologist, but I have no reason for going - explaining to my mother "it hurts to masturbate!" is not something I feel like doing, especially since she can be a hyper critical bitch who doesn't want me in a relationship or doing anything of that nature.

Considering this, is there anything I could be overlooking? Any possible explanation with some sort of "home remedy" I could try? I've got very tiny hands, so if I've got pain when I try it'll be a million times worse if my boyfriend tries or if we have sex, that's what I'm worried about Can anyone help me..?

{{sending PINTEREST invites! just ask!}}

Volume of a Doughnut
V = 2(pi)^2 * R(r)^2

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Ashleylovesyou Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: ashley

Points: 12,400, Level: 16 Points: 12,400, Level: 16 Points: 12,400, Level: 16

Re: Pain When Masturbating? - October 25th 2011, 09:39 AM

I don't have any advice. BUT it hurts when I masturbate with only one finger, I tried it a few times. I just don't like it. So just so you know, you're not alone.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
blumemusik♫ Offline
~Savvy?
I've been here a while

Name: Kate

Points: 18,635, Level: 19 Points: 18,635, Level: 19 Points: 18,635, Level: 19

Re: Pain When Masturbating? - October 25th 2011, 10:22 AM

Masturbation shouldn't hurt. If it hurts, you should stop, and not 'force' it anymore.
Chances are, you're not used to it, your body isn't used to it, so I personally think you just need to loosen up a bit. If you're still experiencing intense pain after a few more attempts, then you may need to see a doctor if you're still concerned. If you do come to have sex, then make sure you participate in lots of foreplay, and if it hurts too much, stop!

Be careful <3
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Kumagoro Offline
Formerly ChaosControl
I've been here a while

Points: 18,923, Level: 19 Points: 18,923, Level: 19 Points: 18,923, Level: 19

Re: Pain When Masturbating? - October 25th 2011, 02:03 PM

It doesn't sound abnormal. It could be that you're not turned on enough, which will make penetration of any sort uncomfortable. If you're comfortable, relaxed and turned on, it becomes much easier. Also, if you're not "moist" enough down there, it hurts a lot more, so don't try to force it if you're very dry. It just shouldn't be forced; if it hurts, stop. If you try with your boyfriend, consider other types of foreplay before fingering. From my experience, it is less painful if you're comfortable, and a little bit horny.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Skeleton Offline
I can't get enough

Name: Charlie

Points: 41,800, Level: 29 Points: 41,800, Level: 29 Points: 41,800, Level: 29

Re: Pain When Masturbating? - October 25th 2011, 02:21 PM

You said it was only your second time doing it so I'm guessing the pain could possibly be that your tight so using two fingers is going to hurt you till your body is use to it. As said, it could also be that you aren't turned on or wet enough so if you decide to try with your boyfriend try foreplay or something to get you excited enough beforehand, lube may also help if you feel you still need something extra but do not force anything, you don't want to cause yourself pain or anymore pain.
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
LlamaLlamaDuck Offline
Llama Lover/Skittle Minion
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Louise

Points: 60,921, Level: 35 Points: 60,921, Level: 35 Points: 60,921, Level: 35

Re: Pain When Masturbating? - October 25th 2011, 03:45 PM

I have a similar issue here in that I can't fit "much" in without pain. The three key things are to use plenty of lubrication, relax, and try to enjoy it. If you're worrying about it hurting then you're more likely to tense up and then it will hurt!

Throw those curtains wide
One day like this a year would see me right

We are the rainbow
Or click here for some grovelling.
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Harmony♥ Offline
Proud Military Girlfriend
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Shannon

Points: 32,429, Level: 25 Points: 32,429, Level: 25 Points: 32,429, Level: 25

Re: Pain When Masturbating? - October 25th 2011, 03:51 PM

The pain could be resulting from lots of things: not being turned on enough (not being 'wet'), the fact that your new to masturbating (you'd be very tight). If it hurts, don't force it. Obviously, masturbation is supposed to cause enjoyment, not pain.

I may wear the glass slippers; But my hero wears combat boots <3 I love you, Lieutenant

HelpLink Mentor 6/13/2011
Pregnancy & Childcare Moderator 11/26/2011
Fashion & Style Moderator 12/28/2011
Social Groups Moderator 12/28/2011
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
VampirePrincess Offline
Ice Princess
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Crystal

Points: 13,983, Level: 17 Points: 13,983, Level: 17 Points: 13,983, Level: 17

Re: Pain When Masturbating? - October 25th 2011, 07:23 PM

Thanks so much guys. This was what I thought. Me: 1, Boyfriend: 0.

Also, key word: relax! I have a major problem relaxing, just ask my chiropractor...he lifts my arm up and lets go, it stays, and trying to relax brings it down maybe a quarter of an inch. Not the instant drop you're supposed to have.

Even if relaxing is not the exact cause of the problem here that will probably cause problems eventually, so while I'm here...any way to feel more relaxed?

{{sending PINTEREST invites! just ask!}}

Volume of a Doughnut
V = 2(pi)^2 * R(r)^2

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Kumagoro Offline
Formerly ChaosControl
I've been here a while

Points: 18,923, Level: 19 Points: 18,923, Level: 19 Points: 18,923, Level: 19

Re: Pain When Masturbating? - October 25th 2011, 07:49 PM

Well, for me it was always nerves and paranoia. Thinking someone would hear me or walk in, that's never very relaxing. Lock your door and do it when no-one else is at home. Take it slowly and don't panic if it doesn't feel good to begin with. Just try your best to enjoy it at a pace you're comfortable with. Masturbation is about finding what you find pleasurable. There's no right or wrong, so go with whatever feels good, don't be afraid to experiment. Over time it should become a more enjoyable experience, and therefore less painful. You shouldn't be under any pressure to enjoy it "just because", as that won't help you relax. Go with the flow.

(#10 (permalink)) Old
bobbyjoe411 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 7,489, Level: 12 Points: 7,489, Level: 12 Points: 7,489, Level: 12

Smile Re: Pain When Masturbating? - November 1st 2011, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VampirePrincess View Post
This is really embarrassing for me to admit, but here goes...I have a lot of pain when I masturbate.

It's only my second time doing so, but I'm very concerned about the pain because as far as I'm aware, I shouldn't have any. I do not think I still have my hymen, as I can't really feel it there and I did go horseback riding a lot when I was younger...but I have never felt a pain that could be it breaking either, so I don't know. :/

Anyway, when I insert one finger I feel fine, nothing's wrong. Two is a challenge for me...definitely still possible if I force them in, but I can only barely tolerate it and it hurts to spread them apart even a tiny bit.

My boyfriend and I have discussed various things it could be, and we are drawing total blanks except I think its because of lack of masturbation and therefore no stretching out, while he thinks that's crap and we must be overlooking something.

I was thinking perhaps a reason it hurt is because I'm simply not turned on enough to have no pain, which would be easily remedied by having him try, but he doesn't want to until the pain is gone.

I've considered going to the gynecologist, but I have no reason for going - explaining to my mother "it hurts to masturbate!" is not something I feel like doing, especially since she can be a hyper critical bitch who doesn't want me in a relationship or doing anything of that nature.

Considering this, is there anything I could be overlooking? Any possible explanation with some sort of "home remedy" I could try? I've got very tiny hands, so if I've got pain when I try it'll be a million times worse if my boyfriend tries or if we have sex, that's what I'm worried about Can anyone help me..?
ok look it is usual for it to hurt the first week or two u try it stay stick with one then after a while like three weeks slowly try two. If your under 18 i wouldnt suggest sex beacause your not fully groan and it will make it 90% worse. Even if u have tryn two and it dosent hurt. It WILL make it worse 99% of the time. The thing about your hymen being broken the only way to make sure is either go to a doctor and to have sex i am NOT suggesting sex though. If you have never blead down there when your not on your period 97% of the time it is not broken. For further questions you can email me [edited] at stan.84687@hotmail.com+

Last edited by Verità; November 1st 2011 at 08:30 PM. Reason: Posted Phone Number
  (#11 (permalink)) Old
Chair Offline
I'm a chair.
Average Joe

Name: Chair FritzFurniture

Points: 8,384, Level: 13 Points: 8,384, Level: 13 Points: 8,384, Level: 13

Re: Pain When Masturbating? - November 1st 2011, 10:09 PM

[edited]OP, I'm glad you've found your answer, let us know if anything doesn't feel as good as it should again

Last edited by Verità; November 2nd 2011 at 07:57 PM. Reason: Offensive Content
Closed Thread