TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Sex and Puberty (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f6-sex-puberty/)
-   -   Period was late now not stopping (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f6-sex-puberty/t89992-period-late-now-not-stopping/)

nightstarlight December 5th 2011 08:49 PM

Period was late now not stopping

Hello,

my period was 2 1/2 weeks late and then it started and now it's been going for 3 weeks and pretty heavy and my period has NEVER been late, ever. And I made an appointment to see a doctor but I did some research on my own of similar cases and some say miscarriage? is that possible? I mean I have did have sex without a condom about 2 months ago I would say. I knew the risk and was prepared for what could happen and if it did but not this. help? :?

VikingJones December 5th 2011 09:47 PM

Re: Period was late now not stopping

Go to a local clinic that can get you in on a walk-in basis. Even if it is a miscarriage, this kind of bleeding is not normal. Or go to an emergency room. Be prepared to need a parent present, but this depends on your state laws.

nightstarlight December 5th 2011 11:15 PM

I've made an appointment first thing in the morning with my doctor to figure out whats wrong and I hope it's not a miscarriage because I have no idea how i'll handle that.

Stargazed. December 5th 2011 11:17 PM

Hey there, I'm sorry you're so worried and there's a possibility that you're miscarrying. I hope it all gets sorted out for you. I have had two miscarriages so I know how it feels, dear. I'm here if you need someone to talk with about this if you did indeed had a miscarriage. Take care of yourself. <3

Harmony♥ December 5th 2011 11:20 PM

I'm glad you've made an appointment with your doctor to have this figured out. If you were pregnant, this definitely seems like an abortion, but the fact that you've been bleeding for nearly 3 weeks is a cause for concern. If you did indeed miscarry, doctors usually refer or give you ways to cope with the loss.

Whatever the outcome, I hope you're okay.

Pessimistic Panda December 5th 2011 11:25 PM

Yes, it could be a miscarriage but if you're about 3 weeks late, if a woman is late with her period she may bleed more as well, or so I'm told. It's a lot like a bank as a doctor told me. If your body doesn't make a deposit it will end up building up and you'll bleed more.

escape_thereal_world December 6th 2011 01:38 AM

I don't think it's a miscarriage as the bleeding usually doesn't last so long. I've also read that it's possible for you to have a heavy and longer period if you miss one or are late. But 3 weeks is still a bit much.

Just try to relax dear. Don't think the worst. You'll find out soon what is going on. It may be something simple. :) Feel free to PM me if you want to talk.