TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives    The Holiday Resource

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Sex and Puberty For questions related to sex, puberty, and similar topics, ask here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
darkxdreamer13 Offline
Average Joe

Unhappy Ugh. Nasty. - December 30th 2011, 06:12 AM

Okay. This is horribly gross, nasty, awkward, and embarrassing.
Anyways.

My boyfriend has complained that his hands smell after fingering me and that my vag tastes "funny". I apologized and he says things are okay, but no.
I am horribly embarrassed. I can't stop thinking about the comments.

I shower everyday, and I should probably shave more, but what else can I do? Is that normal? I don't want him to think I'm gross or turn him off. :/

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Harmony♥ Offline
Proud Military Girlfriend
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Shannon

Re: Ugh. Nasty. - December 30th 2011, 06:34 AM

They're supposed to smell. It's most likely from discharge. It's our natural secretions, and we can't help that.

Shaving doesn't do anything with the smell. It just makes it look prettier than it would if we didn't. However, there are some things you could do to make sure you stay fresh down there:
1. Buy feminine cleansing wipes. You can find these in the feminine care aisle, and they can be used to make sure you feel fresh at any time of day.
2. Buy a femimine body wash made specific for the nether regions like Vagisil Feminine Body Wash or Summer's Eve feminine body wash. With these, try to stay away from anything scented. Scented soaps coul actually cause bacterial infections (I know, since I had two and my doctor advised that I stop using scented soaps and body washes on my nether regions). I use Summer's Eve (non-scented), and it has worked wonders.

It's natural to be embarrassed about our smell, but just like guys, we sweat to cool our bodies down and naturally it makes us a tad smelly. But, if you use my tips, you'll be sure to stay fresh and clean all day long.

On a side note, stay away from perfumes made for our private areas. They aren't good for us, and could cause irritation. So, stick with the body washes and feminine cleansing wipes.

I may wear the glass slippers; But my hero wears combat boots <3 I love you, Lieutenant

HelpLink Mentor 6/13/2011
Pregnancy & Childcare Moderator 11/26/2011
Fashion & Style Moderator 12/28/2011
Social Groups Moderator 12/28/2011
  Send a message via AIM to Harmony♥  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
bitesize Offline
Member since April '07
Outside, huh?

Re: Ugh. Nasty. - December 30th 2011, 03:20 PM

It's totally normal, and it's also normal to be self-conscious about it. I'm guessing from his insensitive comments that your boyfriend maybe hasn't had a lot of experience with girls??
Shannon's advice was good, but I'd advise being very careful with feminine body washes as they can cause infections and things like thrush. As long as you shower regularly and wear cotton underwear you should be ok. Also you don't necessarily have to shave all the time, just keeping yourself tidy (by trimming or the likes) is good enough!!
To be honest, your boyfriend probably doesn't smell peachy all the time himself, but he doesn't realise. Just tell him that a bit of a smell is perfectly normal and it's nothing you can help.

Honey, you're familiar, like my mirror, years ago
I slithered here from Eden just to sit outside your door
Níl a shíltear mar a bhítear.
Things are not always what they seem.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Ryan1 Offline
A Man Of My Word
I've been here a while

Name: Ryan

Re: Ugh. Nasty. - December 30th 2011, 03:33 PM

Your perfectly normal, on the other hand your boyfriend has either never been with a lady before or he's just rude. I'm guessing he's like 14-15 maybe. Don't get upset I think these comments came from his lack of experience, that's not to cut him down but he might not know any better. Regardless your normal don't worry about it.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Angel Offline
The final horcrux
I've been here a while

Re: Ugh. Nasty. - December 30th 2011, 04:20 PM

Does it smell odd to you or out of the ordinary? It's normal for your vaginal secretions to have a bit of a musky smell or a certain taste specific to you. It has a pH level that tends to be slightly acidic. Some men love the smell or taste of a woman while others don't appreciate it as much. What's not ok is for him to make you feel as if there is something wrong with your body. There is nothing for you to feel ashamed about.

"Years ago, I knew a boy who made all the wrong choices."

(#6 (permalink)) Old
suchxaxdollxx Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Cammelle

Re: Ugh. Nasty. - December 30th 2011, 05:09 PM

Your diet can have alot to do with it as well. If you eat alot of spicey or salty food it contributes to how it tastes. Fruit makes it sweeter, where as other stuff can make it bitter. Washing and shaving helps, but doesn't have anything with how the secretions taste/smell. Maybe try eating different and see how it works. If its a weird smell or fishy then you may have an infection of some sort or your ph balance can be off.

You gotta learn to live, laugh, and love. Especially live, even though sometimes it's the hardest thing to do.

www.facebook.com/cammyxchaos
  Send a message via AIM to suchxaxdollxx  
Closed Thread