TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Sex and Puberty For questions related to sex, puberty, and similar topics, ask here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Spikey Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Molly

What's Too Quick? - December 30th 2011, 07:16 PM

Just as a slightly general question in relationships as well as when to have sex.

Me and my boyfriend have been dating for 6 weeks and he says that he's going to wait for whenever I'm ready. And I think I'm ready now.

I was discussing this with my best friend and she said wait until I'm sure I'm in love with him. I realised this morning that I was in love with him and now I'm like, what am I waiting for?

But I don't want it to happen too soon. If that makes sense.

And what to you think is too quick physically in a relationship?

Thanks!
Molly.

And she turns up the music, to drown out her life.

22/12/2014 was the last date I self-harmed. The longest I have gone so far is 1 year, 2 months and 5 days. This time, I hope I can give up! New record: 1 year 6 months! Yay!!
Previously:
Kibska

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Harmony♥ Offline
Proud Military Girlfriend
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Shannon

Re: What's Too Quick? - December 30th 2011, 07:18 PM

What does it mean to you? That's the real question here. For me, I lost my virginity to my ex after two months of dating, so around 8 weeks or so into the relationship. With my current boyfriend, I waited two weeks to have sex with him, and we have a good sexual relationship still after 3 years.

Whenever you're ready, go for it. You just need to make sure. You don't want to end up regretting anything, and in this case, I don't think you will. It's not about our opinions that you're going to get a straight answer. Everyone is going to have varying answers, and if you feel ready to jump into a sexual relationship with your boyfriend, then go for it. As long as you're ready.

I may wear the glass slippers; But my hero wears combat boots <3 I love you, Lieutenant

HelpLink Mentor 6/13/2011
Pregnancy & Childcare Moderator 11/26/2011
Fashion & Style Moderator 12/28/2011
Social Groups Moderator 12/28/2011
  Send a message via AIM to Harmony♥  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Spikey Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Molly

Re: What's Too Quick? - December 30th 2011, 07:28 PM

I think of it as a way to move forward and a way to strengthen the bond between me and my boyfriend.

I'm pretty sure I'm ready and if I'm not, I trust my boyfriend enough to stop if I say I'm not.

Thank you for your advice and quick reply!!!
Molly.

And she turns up the music, to drown out her life.

22/12/2014 was the last date I self-harmed. The longest I have gone so far is 1 year, 2 months and 5 days. This time, I hope I can give up! New record: 1 year 6 months! Yay!!
Previously:
Kibska

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Harmony♥ Offline
Proud Military Girlfriend
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Shannon

Re: What's Too Quick? - December 30th 2011, 08:11 PM

Sex doesn't always bond the relationship. Entering sex into a relationship could actually HURT your relationship, you need to be careful with that as well. Just make sure you both are open about it, and communicate any fears you may have. Communication is very important.

I may wear the glass slippers; But my hero wears combat boots <3 I love you, Lieutenant

HelpLink Mentor 6/13/2011
Pregnancy & Childcare Moderator 11/26/2011
Fashion & Style Moderator 12/28/2011
Social Groups Moderator 12/28/2011
  Send a message via AIM to Harmony♥  
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Koharuchan Offline
Skittles Minion
I can't get enough

Name: Haru

Re: What's Too Quick? - December 31st 2011, 03:15 AM

Honestly, we can't tell you when you're ready. Only you know when you're ready. If you really love him and want to do this, that's your choice. It only took my boyfriend and I about 3 weeks, and we have a very strong relationship. However, as Shannon said, be careful because it can sometimes hurt the relationship. However, don't let that scare you away. It's all your choice.

I love my Big Sleepy Bear.
I still fill my panties; do YOU?
No great artist ever sees things as they really are. If he did, he would cease to be an artist. -Oscar Wilde
Buddy since 12/25/11 Self Expressions mod since 4/23/12 Helplink mentor since 5/9/12 . . . . . .Skittlify.
I was blessed by your companionship from 12/24/01-6/27/13

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Chris Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Chris

Re: What's Too Quick? - December 31st 2011, 03:52 AM

I agree - we cant answer that question for you. The only thing I can say is if you think you are ready then do what you think is best. This really is your call - and a very important one. Of course no one wants to talk about the consequences, but I believe that being aware of the consequences is a good thing - the consequences here is getting an decease or getting pregnant. So keep that in mind while you are deciding to have sex with him and also think about the things you can do to prevent the problems from occurring.

This all comes down to your own judgement.

Best wishes,
Chris

Chris
I hope you know that you deserve it all. The best, the most honest, the most beautiful purest love in the world. Not only to be loved by others, but to be loved by yourself. To look in the mirror and think "Yes, I'm exactly who I want to be". To speak up and be proud of yourself. To be brave and open. You deserve the nicest and most caring people to walk into your life. You deserve it all, you know. The whole world...

Closed Thread