TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Sex and Puberty For questions related to sex, puberty, birth control and sexual health, ask here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Poetic Loser
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Erin

Points: 21,673, Level: 21 Points: 21,673, Level: 21 Points: 21,673, Level: 21

Is it wrong to masturbate if you have a pet in your room? - January 3rd 2012, 07:38 PM

I've wanted to masturbate loads of times but my cat is always in my frigging room and sometimes it just feels wrong to do it in front of her. Would it make me some kind of perv if i did? I feel so guilty kicking her out because she gives me these cute eyes which make me want to strangle her in love lol,
Most of the time she's asleep and she has no idea what i'm doing anyways but i just wondered if anyone else think it's completely wrong? Or is it ok?

How come dumb stuff seems so smart while you're doing it?
Good friends get drunk with you. Best friends hold your hair back when you've had a bit too much to drink!
There's no such thing as good girls gone wrong, only bad girls found out.
I've learned...
that maturity has more to do with what types
of experiences you've had and what you've
learned from them and less to do with how
many birthdays you've celebrated.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
NevermindMe Offline
The Straight Edge Sniper
I've been here a while

Points: 19,512, Level: 20 Points: 19,512, Level: 20 Points: 19,512, Level: 20

Re: Is it wrong to masturbate if you have a pet in your room? - January 3rd 2012, 07:58 PM

Well, for one animals do not really understand what you are doing when you do... it.
So I mean, you might feel awkward, or uncomftrable, but it won't harm the animal.

- Justin

"Buy it, use it, break it, fix it,
Trash it, change it, mail, upgrade it,
Charge it, point it, zoom it, press it,
Snap it, work it, quick, erase it,
Write it, cut it, paste it, save it,
Load it, check it, quick, rewrite it"
Technologic
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
PlayingPretend Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Elliotte

Points: 20,004, Level: 20 Points: 20,004, Level: 20 Points: 20,004, Level: 20

Re: Is it wrong to masturbate if you have a pet in your room? - January 3rd 2012, 08:04 PM

My cat literally stares, so it makes me feel awkward keeping him in the room. The one time I tried to ignore it he came and tried to lay on my stomach/chest and killed the mood.

For me, it's awkward but because he's way too curious about it. I think it's really dependent on how you feel, really. If she ignores you/doesn't care, then no, I don't think it's wrong and I don't think it makes you some sort of perv. If she bothers you during it, then I'd say that's really the only reason to kick her out.

If you feel you'd like additional support or to speak further with me, you can contact me through my personal Tumblr, Love Like An Hourglass (click), or PM me through TH.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Harmony♥ Offline
Proud Military Girlfriend
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Shannon

Points: 32,429, Level: 25 Points: 32,429, Level: 25 Points: 32,429, Level: 25

Re: Is it wrong to masturbate if you have a pet in your room? - January 3rd 2012, 09:06 PM

Animals aren't stupid, but I highly doubt your cat would know what you were doing. If you're masturbating TO your cat, that would be weird. But, seeing as this isn't the case, you should be fine. Just ignore him/her

I may wear the glass slippers; But my hero wears combat boots <3 I love you, Lieutenant

HelpLink Mentor 6/13/2011
Pregnancy & Childcare Moderator 11/26/2011
Fashion & Style Moderator 12/28/2011
Social Groups Moderator 12/28/2011
8 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
LittleMiss Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Christine

Points: 15,087, Level: 17 Points: 15,087, Level: 17 Points: 15,087, Level: 17

Re: Is it wrong to masturbate if you have a pet in your room? - January 3rd 2012, 10:48 PM

I've had sex while my cat was in the room, it didn't really bother anyone

Happy to talk about anything and everything.
Send me a message any time, my proverbial door is open

Laughter is the best medicine
Q: What's the difference between a surgeon and God?
A: God doesn't think he's a surgeon.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Squiggly Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Points: 14,658, Level: 17 Points: 14,658, Level: 17 Points: 14,658, Level: 17

Re: Is it wrong to masturbate if you have a pet in your room? - January 3rd 2012, 11:44 PM

It might make some people uncomfortable to do it. But who know's how much animals really understand? I don't have much experience with this subject But I am quite sure I wouldn't really let it bother me. I don't think it is a big deal and you don't need to worry yourself over it either.
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Skeleton Offline
I can't get enough

Name: Charlie

Points: 41,800, Level: 29 Points: 41,800, Level: 29 Points: 41,800, Level: 29

Re: Is it wrong to masturbate if you have a pet in your room? - January 4th 2012, 12:02 AM

Well, my dogs will happily mount each other while I'm watching TV without being too bothered so I don't think your pet would mind too much if you masturbated while they were in the room, they probably don't realise what you're doing anyway.
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
Ennui. Offline
Living the dream.

TeenHelp Superstar

Name: Dez
Pronouns: She/They

Points: 172,438, Level: 59 Points: 172,438, Level: 59 Points: 172,438, Level: 59

Re: Is it wrong to masturbate if you have a pet in your room? - January 4th 2012, 12:23 AM

I don't think your cat will really mind. It's not wrong to do it in front of her, especially if she's just contenting herself to go to sleep anyway. Some people would find that thing sort of awkward, but it's not as if they know what you're doing, so go for it! You don't have to let it bother you.

Do you ever get a little bit tired of life
Like you're not really happy but you don't wanna die
Like you're hanging by a thread but you gotta survive
'Cause you gotta survive
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
Cuddlebug89 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Aaron

Points: 7,662, Level: 12 Points: 7,662, Level: 12 Points: 7,662, Level: 12

Re: Is it wrong to masturbate if you have a pet in your room? - January 4th 2012, 12:26 AM

Cats have minds of their own and would most likely just let you do your business and carry on with it's own business. there's nothing wrong with masturbating around your pets.

We..are a class of human. A class that is built to sweat, bleed, and possibly die for entertainment. We take our minds, bodys to places most will neither see nor attempt. Many may call us insane, but pure sanity is quickly found when locked in a cage to do battle. What you see as arrogance is only knowledge of our limitations, we have accepted our calling. Warrior Class.
  (#10 (permalink)) Old
Coffee. Offline
Condom Queen
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Traci
Pronouns: she/her/hers

Points: 95,373, Level: 44 Points: 95,373, Level: 44 Points: 95,373, Level: 44

Re: Is it wrong to masturbate if you have a pet in your room? - January 4th 2012, 04:45 PM

My cat has been in the room before, and my poor boyfriends' cats have probably see me nekid dozens of times. For me, I like turning off the lights in this case anyway, so that helps so you can't see their adorable eyes staring at you and making you feel awkward. But it's not wrong at all, your cat doesn't know what's going on, and if they did, would understand.

something burning?
  (#11 (permalink)) Old
Serge Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Sergio

Points: 7,536, Level: 12 Points: 7,536, Level: 12 Points: 7,536, Level: 12

Re: Is it wrong to masturbate if you have a pet in your room? - January 5th 2012, 01:32 AM

Its not wrong to masturbate in front of your cat, although if it makes you feel uncomfortable (maybe you consider your cat a part of your family) then you should probably get the cat out of your room, and then do your business
  (#12 (permalink)) Old
ChelleBelle97 Offline
Cookie Monster(:<3
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Michelle-Leigh(:
Location: Under Your Bed With Your Cookies From Your Cookie Jar. D:

Points: 11,960, Level: 15 Points: 11,960, Level: 15 Points: 11,960, Level: 15

Re: Is it wrong to masturbate if you have a pet in your room? - January 5th 2012, 04:10 AM

Well, when me and my ex-boyfriend used to go and make out at our "secret place"... my cat would follow. While my ex was on top of me, my cat would go in between his legs and nudge his.. well, you know? I found it annoying. My cat loves me... and, apparently his nuts. So, he would follow everytime. It was really a bother. Haha

But, it wasn't awkward. Just, he really got in the way. But, unless she gets in the way... I don't see the problem?

--October 16th, 2011: The day I got a second chance, the day I decided my life is worth living... <3

Smile! You ARE Beautiful!!!
---OperationBeautiful.com
2 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#13 (permalink)) Old
Eternal Offline
TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Nicole

Points: 77,763, Level: 39 Points: 77,763, Level: 39 Points: 77,763, Level: 39

Re: Is it wrong to masturbate if you have a pet in your room? - January 5th 2012, 04:42 AM

Animals aren't aware of whats going on, so no. I have birds in my room and its a good thing they aren't that smart, especially when my boyfriends over

And here you are living, despite it all.
Lead Moderator | Disputes Committee | HelpLINK Mentor
  (#14 (permalink)) Old
Shawn K. Offline
SoCali Baller
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Shawn

Points: 10,199, Level: 14 Points: 10,199, Level: 14 Points: 10,199, Level: 14

Re: Is it wrong to masturbate if you have a pet in your room? - January 6th 2012, 02:29 AM

I don't know about cats, but my German Shepherd sleeps in my room mostly. During my j/o sessions he usually lays down and ignores me. There have been a couple of times when I made some strange sound and he thought I was calling him to play and jumped up on the bed, but not to join in or anything

15 Straight - Loving Life - Love meeting new peeps - Want to help if I can

Girl: "My doctor says I can't have sex for a while."
Boy: "What does your dentist say?"
  (#15 (permalink)) Old
Stargazed. Offline
I can't get enough

Points: 37,460, Level: 27 Points: 37,460, Level: 27 Points: 37,460, Level: 27

Re: Is it wrong to masturbate if you have a pet in your room? - January 6th 2012, 02:46 AM

I dont masturbate but I've had sex while my cat was in the room. so no, I don't think its wrong.
  (#16 (permalink)) Old
Verità Offline
Formerly KeeperOfMysteries
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Alice

Points: 13,234, Level: 16 Points: 13,234, Level: 16 Points: 13,234, Level: 16

Re: Is it wrong to masturbate if you have a pet in your room? - January 6th 2012, 07:25 PM

My girlfriend and I have done some pretty sexual things while a cat was in the room, watching. We just kind of laughed it off and let her out when she got bored. But if I was by myself, I can see how it would feel a little creepy.

’Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;
All mimsy were the borogoves,
And the [mome raths] outgrabe.
  (#17 (permalink)) Old
rizz Offline
Average Joe

Name: Rhiannon

Points: 13,025, Level: 16 Points: 13,025, Level: 16 Points: 13,025, Level: 16

Re: Is it wrong to masturbate if you have a pet in your room? - January 7th 2012, 01:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xx.Shes.Unbroken.xX View Post
Well, when me and my ex-boyfriend used to go and make out at our "secret place"... my cat would follow. While my ex was on top of me, my cat would go in between his legs and nudge his.. well, you know? I found it annoying. My cat loves me... and, apparently his nuts. So, he would follow everytime. It was really a bother. Haha

But, it wasn't awkward. Just, he really got in the way. But, unless she gets in the way... I don't see the problem?
lol...i had some thing happen like that except my cat didn't nudge his *** she attacked it with all claws...ouch.

i feel uncomfortable with the animals in the room too so i always kick them out but i dont think its wrong

Luv those who cannot luv themselves
Giv a hug to a friend
Luv those who luv u bak
Blow a kiss times ten
Luv is everywhere u look
Around every corner
  (#18 (permalink)) Old
Poetic Loser
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Erin

Points: 21,673, Level: 21 Points: 21,673, Level: 21 Points: 21,673, Level: 21

Re: Is it wrong to masturbate if you have a pet in your room? - January 9th 2012, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rizz View Post
lol...i had some thing happen like that except my cat didn't nudge his *** she attacked it with all claws...ouch.

i feel uncomfortable with the animals in the room too so i always kick them out but i dont think its wrong
Omfg that's so funny :L You've made my night lol

How come dumb stuff seems so smart while you're doing it?
Good friends get drunk with you. Best friends hold your hair back when you've had a bit too much to drink!
There's no such thing as good girls gone wrong, only bad girls found out.
I've learned...
that maturity has more to do with what types
of experiences you've had and what you've
learned from them and less to do with how
many birthdays you've celebrated.

(#19 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount71

Edit avatar

Re: Is it wrong to masturbate if you have a pet in your room? - January 11th 2012, 05:20 AM

Technically there is nothing wrong with it. It may feel morally wrong, though, and if it does perhaps you shouldn't keep your pet in your room, but you aren't causing the animal any harm, so as long as it doesn't weigh on your conscience you should be fine.
  (#20 (permalink)) Old
rac146 Offline
Missing Molly
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Ruth

Points: 10,359, Level: 14 Points: 10,359, Level: 14 Points: 10,359, Level: 14

Re: Is it wrong to masturbate if you have a pet in your room? - January 15th 2012, 05:20 AM

I've done it with my pets in my room no problem. Then again, I have caged small pets in addition to 2 dogs and a cat, so I can't really get away from them. Plus if I kick them out all three will camp my door, leaving the rest of the family wondering what I'm up to

I've also had sex at my bf's house in front of our bearded dragons. I usually make sure the baby beardie isn't watching, coz it weirds me out when Akatosh stares like that The adult is a big girl and can watch all she likes, haha.

So I don't think its wrong if they don't bother you, but you can always kick them out if need be.

Look a rattata!!!!
  (#21 (permalink)) Old
Damaged Demon Offline
Loving it <3
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Meghan King

Points: 8,595, Level: 13 Points: 8,595, Level: 13 Points: 8,595, Level: 13

Re: Is it wrong to masturbate if you have a pet in your room? - January 15th 2012, 10:22 AM

It wont make any impact on your cat, it has no idea what your doing.
But if you dont feel comfortably doing it with her in the room, then thats completely up to you

Everything happens for a reason, even if we may never know what that reason is

When your dreaming with a broken heart, The waking up is the hardest part </3
  (#22 (permalink)) Old
bitesize Offline
Member since April '07
I can't get enough

Points: 42,913, Level: 29 Points: 42,913, Level: 29 Points: 42,913, Level: 29

Re: Is it wrong to masturbate if you have a pet in your room? - January 15th 2012, 11:41 AM

I don't have a pet,but I think I'd make them leave if I did, I'd feel way too awkward. My boyfriend's dogs have been in the room while we were having sex and usually just do their own thing and leave us to it....it's just a bit awkward if you look up and accidentally make eye contact :/

Honey, you're familiar, like my mirror, years ago
I slithered here from Eden just to sit outside your door
Níl a shíltear mar a bhítear.
Things are not always what they seem.
  (#23 (permalink)) Old
Evanesco Offline
Linguistics geek
I can't get enough

Name: Harrison (or Harri)

Points: 38,514, Level: 28 Points: 38,514, Level: 28 Points: 38,514, Level: 28

Re: Is it wrong to masturbate if you have a pet in your room? - January 15th 2012, 02:20 PM

I've masturbated with a guinea pig in the room, but she doesn't take any notice of anything going on around her so yeah... She just eats her hay and ignores the world.

I don't think there's anything wrong with it, but having an animal like a cat or dog actually watching me would make me feel awkward.

Join the Skeleton Clique on TH
Do you wanna come with me? 'Cause if you do, then I should warn you - you're gonna see all sorts of things. Ghosts from the past. Aliens from the future. The day the Earth died in a ball of flame. It won't be quiet, it won't be safe, and it won't be calm. But I'll tell you what it will be: The trip of a lifetime!

Don't trust a perfect person and don't trust a song that's flawless.
RIP Granddad Terry. I'll miss you.
  (#24 (permalink)) Old
Miss Adventure Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Misty

Points: 10,590, Level: 15 Points: 10,590, Level: 15 Points: 10,590, Level: 15

Re: Is it wrong to masturbate if you have a pet in your room? - January 15th 2012, 02:21 PM

Think of it this way: most animals will hump each other right in front of you, so why shouldn't you do the same in front of them ? Anyway, if it really makes you uncomfortable, just kick your kitty out while your masturbating and when you're done let the kitty back in.

when nothing goes right, i go left.

(#25 (permalink)) Old
Miss-Huggable Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 7,798, Level: 12 Points: 7,798, Level: 12 Points: 7,798, Level: 12

Re: Is it wrong to masturbate if you have a pet in your room? - January 15th 2012, 11:32 PM

I have three cats, one older and two kittens, and while I have done it while they're there I really don't like it, my older girl always snuggles down in bed with me and I feel bad about doing it while she's trying to cuddle with me, and the two babies will pounce and attack any moment under the duvet so it would be really awkward, but that's just my view on it, they sit there licking their arseholes clean in front of me so I don't know why it would bother them.
  (#26 (permalink)) Old
Paix et Amour Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Sarah

Points: 17,088, Level: 19 Points: 17,088, Level: 19 Points: 17,088, Level: 19

Re: Is it wrong to masturbate if you have a pet in your room? - January 16th 2012, 02:22 AM

i dont think its WRONG, but i would be weirded out. it would definitely be odd having a cat watch you xD
  (#27 (permalink)) Old
I've been here a while

Points: 32,255, Level: 25 Points: 32,255, Level: 25 Points: 32,255, Level: 25

Re: Is it wrong to masturbate if you have a pet in your room? - January 16th 2012, 02:58 AM

It really depends on if you're comfortable with it. I don't think they'd realize what was going on.
  (#28 (permalink)) Old
unforgettable00 Offline
No longer an active account.
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: ~~

Points: 8,324, Level: 13 Points: 8,324, Level: 13 Points: 8,324, Level: 13

Re: Is it wrong to masturbate if you have a pet in your room? - January 18th 2012, 01:07 AM

Ive had sex with my dogs in the room. They kinda just stared for a bit and went back to sleep. I dont mind it - but my ex did lol. Good times.
But really, if it bothers you, then wait til the cat is out of your room. Its all about personal comfort zones.
Besides... if my dogs can mount one another infront of me, why cant I do the same? :P

~No Longer an active account~
  (#29 (permalink)) Old
MermaidMassacre Offline
Finding beauty in darkness.
I've been here a while

Name: Bridget

Points: 20,224, Level: 20 Points: 20,224, Level: 20 Points: 20,224, Level: 20

Re: Is it wrong to masturbate if you have a pet in your room? - January 25th 2012, 03:11 PM

LOL For starters I love this thread

Secondly. I could never masturbate with my dog in the room. For some reason that was always weird to me. As for my cat. I have masturbated with her in the room. I've even had sex with her under the bed, or on the end of the bed with us. >_< She really doesn't seem to care. hahaha. It only gets awkward when she comes up to me and starts meowing wanting attention. Then it's time to stop. lol

I'll do whatever it takes to be the mistake you can't live without.
  (#30 (permalink)) Old
DiafolEternal Offline
The EverChosen
Average Joe

Name: Craig

Points: 12,520, Level: 16 Points: 12,520, Level: 16 Points: 12,520, Level: 16

Re: Is it wrong to masturbate if you have a pet in your room? - January 28th 2012, 12:51 AM

I would feel really awkward about it tbh, and a few people have posted saying they have had to stop because of the animals. I would deffo kick the animal out before starting if its stopping the fun lol
  (#31 (permalink)) Old
George^^ Offline
Hi :D
Senior TeenHelper

Name: George

Points: 14,336, Level: 17 Points: 14,336, Level: 17 Points: 14,336, Level: 17

Re: Is it wrong to masturbate if you have a pet in your room? - January 28th 2012, 01:05 AM

*shrugs* I don't see that much of a problem. my dog would never see me because he lives in the kitchen (my mom's weird) and I've seen him hump my brother's Webkins, so I would have no problem. (I don't know what's worst in the last 13-14 words, I've seen him do it, my dog did it with a webkins, or that they were my brother's- it was a white poodle.)

I've said it once, I've said it twice, I've said it a thousand fucking times
That I'm OK, that I'm fine, that it's all just in my mind
But this has got the best of me, and I can't seem to sleep
It's not 'cause you're not with me, it's cause you never leave
Closed Thread