TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Sex and Puberty For questions related to sex, puberty, and similar topics, ask here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
metal4ever1997 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Sex with non-virgin - January 22nd 2012, 02:07 AM

Me and my girlfriend recently started dating, we're both 15, and I am fully aware that she is not a virgin. But, as a virgin, I worry that if the opportunity for sex ever comes up, I don't know if losing my virginity to a non-virgin is a good idea or not, and it's killing me!! Please help, I am so lost in this situation, and I could use all the help I can get.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Acheron Offline
El Tigre
I can't get enough

Re: Sex with non-virgin - January 22nd 2012, 02:27 AM

I think it's probably better to lose your virginity to a non-virgin than to a virgin. I wouldn't expect her to have a huge amount of experience, but she'll still have some idea of what you should both be doing. Also, it means you don't have to deal with blood and tears.

Props for the Opeth avatar, by the way.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Not a n00b

Name: Krista

Re: Sex with non-virgin - January 22nd 2012, 02:50 AM

I think since she does have some sexual experience, she will know how to do it and will help you. It may even be better because she does have some sexual experience, but don't push yourself to have sex with her until you are ready, because then, it may not be as good, and you will regret it for the rest of your life. Good luck! (:

Live Help Operator

If anyone needs anything, feel free to PM me. (:
  Send a message via MSN to Colors Leave Me Blind Send a message via Skype™ to Colors Leave Me Blind 
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
SamMarie Offline
Sam
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Sam

Re: Sex with non-virgin - January 22nd 2012, 03:24 AM

I'm in the same situation to be honest. I'm not a virgin, but my current boyfriend is. He just recently told me this, but it's nothing to be ashamed of. At least, I don't think so. We haven't had sex yet, but he has also had questions because I do know what it feels like to have sex. I guess I wouldn't call myself experienced, but I am more experienced. I wish I didn't lose it to the guy I did lose it to, but you can't help the past. If you accept who she is, you'll accept that it's the past. I mean, you are still young so, if you're doubting to even have that opportunity, maybe you shouldn't have sex at all.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Coffee. Offline
Condom Queen
TeenHelp Addict

Name: Traci

Re: Sex with non-virgin - January 22nd 2012, 07:28 AM

This is probably a good thing. My boyfriend and I were both virgins, so we really were clueless the first few times, but we figured things out. She's not going to judge you, most people are fairly understanding!

I said to the sun, "Tell me about the big bang"
& the sun said “it hurts to become."
Andrea Gibson, "I Sing The Body Electric; Especially When My Power Is Out"
  Send a message via MSN to Coffee.  
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Jaguar Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Stephen Davis

Re: Sex with non-virgin - January 22nd 2012, 02:13 PM

There's absolutely nothing wrong to losing your virginity to a nonvirgin. Like the above posters, I think it's the better thing. I lost mine to a nonvirgin and I'm thankful that she was. I don't think it would have gone nearly as well if she had been a virgin, I'm certainly glad I had some experience when I had sex with my first virgin. Somebody should know what they're doing, in my opinion.

It's also going to make suggesting it to her easier. Since she's not a virgin, she's not going to feel like she should say the answer she thinks she's supposed to say and is more likely to say what she feels.

What just happened?

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Heathen Offline
Beauty and Bedlam
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jordan

Re: Sex with non-virgin - January 23rd 2012, 05:49 AM

It's perfectly okay to lose your virginity to someone who isn't a virgin. If your partner isn't a virgin she will have some experience to help guide you and keep you feeling at ease your first time, which can be a plus.

The moon asked the crow
For a little show
In the hazy milk of twilight
No one had to know
The moon asked the crow...
  Send a message via Yahoo to Heathen  
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
dreamer1234 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Andrea

Re: Sex with non-virgin - January 23rd 2012, 10:17 PM

The only thing that should really matter is if you love them or not. Trust me, i wish i would have waited til i was in love..
  Send a message via AIM to dreamer1234 Send a message via MSN to dreamer1234 Send a message via Skype™ to dreamer1234 
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
Harmony♥ Offline
Proud Military Girlfriend
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Shannon

Re: Sex with non-virgin - January 24th 2012, 12:02 AM

Having sex with a non-virgin could potentially be better than having sex with a virgin. Why? They have more sexual experience than you, and can tell you what they do and don't like. Things might not be as awkward, however, since it would be your first sexual encounter and their first sexual encounter with a new partner, it might be inevitable for there to be some awkwardness, however, the whole thing isn't about whether you should have sex with a virgin or a non-virgin. Do what you feel is right, with someone that you want to have sex with. Once your virginity is gone, you can't get it back.

I may wear the glass slippers; But my hero wears combat boots <3 I love you, Lieutenant

HelpLink Mentor 6/13/2011
Pregnancy & Childcare Moderator 11/26/2011
Fashion & Style Moderator 12/28/2011
Social Groups Moderator 12/28/2011
  Send a message via AIM to Harmony♥  
  (#10 (permalink)) Old
dreamer1234 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Andrea

Re: Sex with non-virgin - January 24th 2012, 12:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelophobia View Post
Do what you feel is right, with someone that you want to have sex with. Once your virginity is gone, you can't get it back.

Soooo true...no matter what you do
  Send a message via AIM to dreamer1234 Send a message via MSN to dreamer1234 Send a message via Skype™ to dreamer1234 
  (#11 (permalink)) Old
MermaidMassacre Offline
Finding beauty in darkness.
I've been here a while

Name: Bridget

Re: Sex with non-virgin - January 25th 2012, 03:35 PM

It's really up to you. I know a few of my friends didn't want to lose their virginity to a nonvirgin. It's just a personal preference. I felt that way for a while. Then I had a moment of, "I just wanna lose it". So I ended up losing it to a non virgin and I really don't regret it. I find it a matter of how comfortable you are with the person and if you trust them, etc. Not so much their sexual experience. =)

I'll do whatever it takes to be the mistake you can't live without.
  Send a message via AIM to MermaidMassacre Send a message via MSN to MermaidMassacre Send a message via Yahoo to MermaidMassacre Send a message via Skype™ to MermaidMassacre 
  (#12 (permalink)) Old
Jeromak Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Sex with non-virgin - January 31st 2012, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by metal4ever1997 View Post
[edit]Me and my girlfriend recently started dating, we're both 15, and I am fully aware that she is not a virgin. But, as a virgin, I worry that if the opportunity for sex ever comes up, I don't know if losing my virginity to a non-virgin is a good idea or not, and it's killing me!! Please help, I am so lost in this situation, and I could use all the help I can get.
A first sexual relation is not a competition especially if there are feelings between 2 people you know. I think you will probably go through something very pleasant. Take it easy it should all be wonderful.

Last edited by Ryan1; February 1st 2012 at 12:02 AM. Reason: Removed link

(#13 (permalink)) Old
heys.wendy Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Sex with non-virgin - February 1st 2012, 07:18 AM

This is probably a good thing.

Closed Thread