TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Sex and Puberty For questions related to sex, puberty, birth control and sexual health, ask here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
mt67 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 7,340, Level: 12 Points: 7,340, Level: 12 Points: 7,340, Level: 12

Worried about puberty - February 2nd 2012, 01:24 PM

I am beginning to worry and need some advice.

I just turned 14 a few weeks ago and noticed a few things.

1. My voice has yet to deepen

2. My testicles have yet to grow larger

I do not understand...it should have happened by now. I have hair down there and it's growing more and more but i'm worried my voice will never deepen. People are always making fun of me for it and i am tired of it.

What should I do?? I don't want to talk to my parents about it or go to the doctor.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Acheron Offline
El Tigre
I've been here a while

Points: 26,815, Level: 23 Points: 26,815, Level: 23 Points: 26,815, Level: 23

Re: Worried about puberty - February 2nd 2012, 01:40 PM

People develop at different times. If you're growing pubic hair then it's clear that you're going through puberty, so everything else will come soon enough. As for the people making fun of you, fuck them.

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
"Bisexual" Tux (Linux Mascot)
I've been here a while

Name: Chris

Points: 20,821, Level: 20 Points: 20,821, Level: 20 Points: 20,821, Level: 20

Re: Worried about puberty - February 2nd 2012, 01:55 PM

Hi. Welcome to TeenHelp.

First of all, if you do have pubic hair, then you're in puberty, as Acheron said.

While the average age for entering puberty is 13, it's normal for guys to begin puberty anywhere between 10 and 15. So you don't really have anything to worry about. Your voice will deepen and testicles will enlarge in time. And to be honest, unless you regularly examine your testicles, you probably won't ever know if they're getting bigger or not--it's perfectly possible that they already are and it's just not obvious to you. If you are really concerned about any of this, it wouldn't hurt to ask your doctor about it at some point in time. I know you said you didn't want to, and that's understandable, but know that if you have questions or concerns, your doctor could be a perfectly good resource.

If you have any questions, feel free to let me know--I'm absolutely happy to talk about puberty if you need to

Take care, man

Chris
You can always contact me to talk about anything!
---------------------
Proud to be myself.

Need a hug? Please take one!

Image Credit: startingover18 (Tumblr)

last updated on 11/11/17
2 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
mt67 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 7,340, Level: 12 Points: 7,340, Level: 12 Points: 7,340, Level: 12

Re: Worried about puberty - February 2nd 2012, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loving Linux Penguin View Post
Hi. Welcome to TeenHelp.

First of all, if you do have pubic hair, then you're in puberty, as Acheron said.

While the average age for entering puberty is 13, it's normal for guys to begin puberty anywhere between 10 and 15. So you don't really have anything to worry about. Your voice will deepen and testicles will enlarge in time. And to be honest, unless you regularly examine your testicles, you probably won't ever know if they're getting bigger or not--it's perfectly possible that they already are and it's just not obvious to you. If you are really concerned about any of this, it wouldn't hurt to ask your doctor about it at some point in time. I know you said you didn't want to, and that's understandable, but know that if you have questions or concerns, your doctor could be a perfectly good resource.

If you have any questions, feel free to let me know--I'm absolutely happy to talk about puberty if you need to

Take care, man
Thank you

I feel a lot better about myself now. Cya around!
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
"Bisexual" Tux (Linux Mascot)
I've been here a while

Name: Chris

Points: 20,821, Level: 20 Points: 20,821, Level: 20 Points: 20,821, Level: 20

Re: Worried about puberty - February 3rd 2012, 12:29 AM

No problem at all. Also know that it's absolutely normal, and HEALTHY to have questions about this stuff, and just about your body in general. I had a streak a couple years back where I had numerous doctor's visits regarding my genital region. It was due mainly to some issues that cropped up that I wanted checked out, but there was also some genuine curiosity about what's normal, what's not, and what I should be keeping an eye on. Most people probably have that phase when they are entering or in puberty, and I for whatever reason had it later than that. Either way, don't worry about that--if you have issues or concerns in that area, it's totally fine to ask a doctor, even if it seems like you're asking them that stuff a lot. They've seen and heard it all, and even though it can be a little embarrassing and uncomfortable for us, they really don't mind. So there's no reason to be embarrassed or ashamed--we have ALL had questions about our development, both in and not in the genital area. Take care, friend

Chris
You can always contact me to talk about anything!
---------------------
Proud to be myself.

Need a hug? Please take one!

Image Credit: startingover18 (Tumblr)

last updated on 11/11/17
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Shawn K. Offline
SoCali Baller
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Shawn

Points: 10,199, Level: 14 Points: 10,199, Level: 14 Points: 10,199, Level: 14

Re: Worried about puberty - February 4th 2012, 09:20 AM

Don't sweat it bro. I'm a freshman in high school and when a group of my friends get to talking all at once, it's amazing the differences in their voices. Or we'll be playing video games and a dude that has this kinda deep voice will get surprised or scared in the game and screech like a little girl. I started getting pubes and stuff at around 11, but my voice didn't start to change till I was 13. And I didn't have a growth spurt really until last summer.

You can research a whole lot of this stuff on line. If you Google puberty you'll have enough stuff to read for days. And of course TH is here to help answer stuff too.

And like Acheron says... dudes in your age group making fun of another dude's voice. F****CCCKKKKK EM!

Peace...

EDIT... By the way, if you can sing... don't be in a hurry to get rid of the high voice. Could be worth millions

15 Straight - Loving Life - Love meeting new peeps - Want to help if I can

Girl: "My doctor says I can't have sex for a while."
Boy: "What does your dentist say?"

Last edited by Shawn K.; February 4th 2012 at 09:24 AM. Reason: Add
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Singer180 Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Basel

Points: 8,009, Level: 13 Points: 8,009, Level: 13 Points: 8,009, Level: 13

Re: Worried about puberty - February 9th 2012, 06:00 AM

My voice didn't drop till the beginning of my sophomore year in high school so don't sweat it. Sometimes different parts of puberty occur at different times, like growing pubes at a younger age, and then your voice dropping later. It'll happen though, I promise!
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Lucas

Points: 7,621, Level: 12 Points: 7,621, Level: 12 Points: 7,621, Level: 12

Re: Worried about puberty - February 9th 2012, 06:07 AM

We all age differently - you can grow and sometimes even continue growing past 21. Your voice will change with time, it took a while for my voice to drop as well. Just keep your head up! We weren't designed to sound the same (=

Do you feel cold and lost in desperation?
You build up hope, but failures all you known.
Remember all the sadness and frustration,
and let it go.
Let it go. - Linkin Park
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
dj_chicharito Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Dhananjay

Points: 8,104, Level: 13 Points: 8,104, Level: 13 Points: 8,104, Level: 13

Re: Worried about puberty - February 12th 2012, 03:54 AM

my best friend didnt have facial hair till he was 16...now hes got more than me..so it just takes its own time and it'll happen
Closed Thread