TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Sex and Puberty (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f6-sex-puberty/)
-   -   Female Advice Preferred: when your on your period.... (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f6-sex-puberty/t95026-when-your-your-period/)

TakeMeHigher February 14th 2012 08:13 PM

when your on your period....

are you sensitive to some certain foods?
I can't eat anything hot or spicy because my mouth burns! I read something online that only women get something called 'burning tongue' because of certain hormones, i've had that before and oh my it burns!
when im on its a mild form of that...

anyone else get this?

hate for being a woman! haha :)

Harmony♥ February 14th 2012 08:20 PM

Re: when your on your period....

I've never had this problem. I LOVE spicy foods, any time of the month! I've also never heard of "burning tongue" either, so I can't really put any input on that. I tend to eat spicy foods MORE on or around the time of my period anyway, though I'd eat it all the time if I could.

TakeMeHigher February 14th 2012 08:23 PM

ahhh ive just had another look and its a symptom of menapause?? ahhh! wtf!

Coffee. February 14th 2012 08:37 PM

It's probably some type of hormonal thing. I bet it's normal for period, I've never had it personally, like Shannon, I actually like spicy food on my period. I just like food in mass quantities, honestly. :nosweat: However, I don't think this sounds completely unreasonable. Maybe talk to your gynecologist next time you see them about this, just to ask for information. I really don't think it sounds like a problem though, more or less something to keep in mind on your time of month, avoid getting Thai food and what not. :)

Hollifire February 14th 2012 09:03 PM

The only thing that happens to me when I'm on my period is that I want anything cheese related, haha. It doesn't matter what, as long as there's cheese in it, I want it :dem: But I know some people are effected differently.

Sincerely Yours ♥ February 14th 2012 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coffee❤ (Post 814720)
It's probably some type of hormonal thing. I bet it's normal for period, I've never had it personally, like Shannon, I actually like spicy food on my period. I just like food in mass quantities, honestly. :nosweat: However, I don't think this sounds completely unreasonable. Maybe talk to your gynecologist next time you see them about this, just to ask for information. I really don't think it sounds like a problem though, more or less something to keep in mind on your time of month, avoid getting Thai food and what not. :)

As Traci said, it's probably some hormonal thing. It's never happened to me either.

Stargazed. February 15th 2012 12:50 AM

I don't like to eat anything while on my period except chocolate. :dem:

ForgetMeNot9 February 15th 2012 01:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Le bonheur* (Post 814888)
I don't like to eat anything while on my period except chocolate. :dem:

Haha. Same :p I've also never had this happen to me, but like the others have said it's probably just something to do with hormones!

♥ HeartbeatLover ♥ February 16th 2012 12:56 AM

i noe that while im on my period i crave chocolate and the funny thing about that is that i cant stand eating chocolate

leavemealone February 16th 2012 12:57 AM

I eat the same kind of foods, but I don't eat as much of it. I lose my appetite when I'm on my period.

dani99 February 16th 2012 01:08 AM

I change in a weird way. I normally don't like sweets, but during my period it's all I want lol.

DemonQueen February 16th 2012 02:34 AM

My mouth usually burns when I eat spicy stuff, especially now. My favorite thing to do is dip chips in pepperoncini juice and eat it and it KILLS my mouth but I still do it anyway lol.

DeletedAccount71 February 16th 2012 04:11 AM

I haven't really observed a change in flavors when I am on my period. I crave sugar more, but that's about it.

Verità February 18th 2012 02:18 PM

I've never had any flavor changes either, but I usually start to crave meat. XD I usually only crave sweets (more than usual) when I'm PMSing. As for it being a symptom of Menopause, according to this website, burning tongue could have to do with low estrogen levels, so it's possible you might have a small hormonal imbalance. I would visit your doctor and have a blood test done if you want it taken care of. :)