TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr Hotlines

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Sex and Puberty For questions related to sex, puberty, and similar topics, ask here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
lynn221 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

need some clarification about ovulation.. - February 22nd 2012, 03:08 AM

hey guys, so ill start by saying my bf and i are both 21 years old .. we have been together for just over 3 years.. we have done everything but sex. some people may think this is weird and hes gay and stupid things like that or w.e but he does and has always wanted to have sex but I've never been fully comfortable to take it all the way and hes been very respectful.

now we have been close to have sex without being graphic and done everything but actual intercourse.. now i have been on tri-cylcen lo for 2 months and i am on my 3rd pack now. I have been taking it religiously and always 12 noon same time each day (i think one day was half an hour but other then have perfectly) i have had no side effects with it or problems so its working well.

my bf and i do not want a baby right now and i am veryyy worried about avoiding pregancy, thats why i started b/c. now he has agreed to use a condom and I am on the pill so we should be ok, i know the chance of getting pregnant and all that is very low.. but as an extra pre caution i would just feel more comfortable (especially my first time) if we just avoid it when i would be ovulating if i wasnt on the pill (i know that i shouldnt be releasing an egg and what b/c does and all that... ) but like i said its just an extra precaution..

soo i've read alot online, different things and well im getting confused! some stuff i have heard have said avoid sex day 9- day 20 .. and i know day 14 is when you are most fertile... but that seems like a big gap.. i have also heard a few days before and after day 14 but how many would you say?

to make this easier, my period came feb 14 ...and finished friday, feb17... now when would my no sex days be ...basically he wants to have sex this thursday 23... would this be considered a "safer time"... again this is just me taking that extra precaution that i know isnt necessary but if anyone could clarify with me the ovulation dates would be great.. like i said he wants to thursday 23 that would less then a week after my period ended.

also when you could day 9 ectt.. does it start day of my period or start counting day it is done??

and my period this month and last month while on the pill have been way short, this month only 4 days and last 5 days.. is this normal? they used to be a week when i wasnt on it.. also with this pill they wont stop completely right, cause i dont want that! i know that happens with the depo provera shot

(#2 (permalink)) Old
ForgetMeNot9 Offline
Muggle
I've been here a while

Name: Megan

Re: need some clarification about ovulation.. - February 22nd 2012, 03:24 AM

Well, if you're on the pill and using it regularly like you're supposed to, and your boyfriend is going to use a condom then this isn't really something you need to be too concerned about. Yes, sometimes contraception can fail but you're using 2 methods and honestly the percentage of both the pill and condom failing at the same time is very very low. However, if you still want to know when you're ovulating, you should try using one of those ovulation calculators you can find online. I'm not sure how accurate they are, but I'm sure it would be fine for this.

Rescue is possible. Love is the movement ♥

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Ignite Offline
Skittles Minion

Jeez, get a life!

Re: need some clarification about ovulation.. - February 22nd 2012, 03:25 AM

Hey there

1. Ovulation happens ten days before your period. Becuase you are on the pill, you are on a 28 day cycle, so that's going to be around day since your period came. I would say you would be ovulating around the first of March. (Remember: naturally women don't normally fall in a perfect 28 day cycle, keep that in mind if you go off the pill that it's 10 days before your period always, not always on day 18)

2. As you sort of said, but went back, you are on the pill, so...you are not really ovulating. So you really do not have to worry about these days. If you've been taking your pill regularly, and will use a condom, you're going to be fine, don't worry so much! To make sure you and your partner use a condom correctly, check out this video. But honestly, you really don't need to care about ovulation too much.

3. 4-5 day periods? Completely normal on the pill, that's one of the reasons I take it. I used to have 9-15 day periods. It was awful, most of my month consisted of spotting. So yes, that is normal, you are healthy.

Stand before the people you fear and speak your mind
- even if your voice s h a k e s. -Maggie Kuhn

Rest in Peace Peter.
Skittlify
  Send a message via MSN to Ignite  
Closed Thread