TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Sex and Puberty (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f6-sex-puberty/)
-   -   Not having period symptoms... Pregnant? (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f6-sex-puberty/t96342-not-having-period-symptoms-pregnant/)

Sleepwalker March 3rd 2012 01:41 PM

Not having period symptoms... Pregnant?

Usually for several days before my period, I have bad cramps and very sore breasts. That's how I know it's coming.

Well, my period this month is only a day or two away and I haven't had any of my normal symptoms. I've had VERY light cramps, but that's it.

There is a chance I'm pregnant. My husband and I had unprotected sex twice, on or near my most fertile time of the month.

I'm just wondering, for anyone who has been pregnant, if you had a similar experience? Of course I'm still just waiting for my period right now... Maybe it's just running late this month... But in the meantime, what do you guys think? Were you missing your normal period symptoms when you were pregnant?

escape_thereal_world March 3rd 2012 02:51 PM

Re: Not having period symptoms... Pregnant?

Well, firstly, if you had sex on the most fertile day, that doesn't mean much. It takes up to a week for the sperm to get where it needs to. So if you had it on your most fertile day, add five days, and that's approximately when you would be likely to conceive.

Also, periods vary. They get out of whack for various reasons. I used to have severe cramps with my periods about two days before. Then it was no warning and I'd be bleeding, then have cramps. And now it's that I have cramps TWO WEEKS before my period.

It varies due to lifestyle, diet, exercise, stress (good or bad, small or big).

You can take some tests now, as some say you can take them a week BEFORE your MISSED period. So you could take one now. Or even if it's been 2 weeks since unprotected sex, you can get an accurate result now.

Also, since you are now stressing about pregnancy, you might not get your period at all :P It's not uncommon to skip a period every now and then. Especially when under stress.

So, basically, it's possible you could be pregnant. But it's not uncommon to be late or miss. Either way though, I hope you get the outcome you are wanting!

DemonQueen March 5th 2012 01:38 AM

I never missed any of the symptoms.. the only thing I didn't get was my period. The cramps, tender breasts and everything was still there. Like Kelly said, with you stressing yourself out about it it could prolong your period anyway.

To be safe, take a pregnancy test soon! Everything will work itself out.

palsoma76 March 9th 2012 07:34 PM

Thanks nice tips...it will help me a lot