TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Sex and Puberty For questions related to sex, puberty, and similar topics, ask here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
dani99 Offline
Ms.Average
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Danielle

I don't think I can take this pain anymore! - March 5th 2012, 01:03 AM

I'm not kidding. Every stupid month I have the worst period cramps and nothing helps. They start anywhere from a week to two weeks before I actually start. I normally start anywhere between the 2-5, so I should start any time now. But once I start the cramps get so much worse. Nothing helps. I've tried over the counter pain relief and I was even perscribed a pain relief - a very high dose of it - and I take it and I still get these cramps.

If I'm lucky, it's just barely bearable. But sometimes throughout the day it gets so bad I cant even move. I've tried sitting and laying in different positions, using a heating pad, masturbation, exercise, and hot baths and nothing works. I was told that birth control helps it out a little, but I'm on it and it's still just as bad as before I was on it.

I don't think I can take this much longer. Every month is just pure torture and it never gets any easier. I know they say after child birth it becomes less painful, but I'm 16 and don't plan on having a baby anytime soon. Nobody in my house understands because my mom doesn't really get cramps that bad and I live with my brothers and step dad which obviously wouldn't know anything about it.

They are so mean to me and they stress me out and stress just makes the pain worse. They'll purposely annoy me and it's hard for me to just get over it because my mood swings are so high and I'm in so much pain that I want to snap their stupid necks. They tell me "It's not even that bad" but they know absolutely nothing!

Does anyone else get those near unbearable cramps on their periods? If so, does anyone know how I can relieve them even just a little bit?

Just a girl with an angel above, just a girl with an angel to love. My angel grew wings and she did dare to fly. But I promise my angel, it's only good night but never good-bye. My angel, my angel in heaven above. My angel, my darling, you'll always have my love. Rest in peace, my sweet darling, it's only temporary that we part. My angel, my angel, how you still do steal my heart </3

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Coffee. Offline
Condom Queen
TeenHelp Addict

Name: Traci

Re: I don't think I can take this pain anymore! - March 5th 2012, 04:41 AM

Gotta few questions for you.

1. Are these cramping happening as PMS or during your period?

2. Have you talked to your doctor about it, and birth control was the answer? Also, what kind of birth control is it? Is it a pill, patch, shot, IUD, and what hormones is it, estrogen, progesterone, or both?

Those answers will help me answer the rest, thanks dear!

I said to the sun, "Tell me about the big bang"
& the sun said “it hurts to become."
Andrea Gibson, "I Sing The Body Electric; Especially When My Power Is Out"
  Send a message via MSN to Coffee.  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
cat4hurricane Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Alexander

Re: I don't think I can take this pain anymore! - March 5th 2012, 04:41 AM

I had one 3 days ago, I stayed home from school. Try milk, or sleeping

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Maloo Offline
Maloooooo
I can't get enough

Name: Lissa

Re: I don't think I can take this pain anymore! - March 5th 2012, 05:47 AM

I now take the pill continuously, so i don't get my period, because mine used to be that bad.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
dani99 Offline
Ms.Average
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: I don't think I can take this pain anymore! - March 5th 2012, 10:59 PM

They happen during PMS and then get worse during my period. And I was on the pill birth control but after a few months and it still hurt a lot, but I'm off of it now until I start my period and it still hurts pill or no pill. And I'm not sure. All I know that it was Loestrin 24 Fe.

Just a girl with an angel above, just a girl with an angel to love. My angel grew wings and she did dare to fly. But I promise my angel, it's only good night but never good-bye. My angel, my angel in heaven above. My angel, my darling, you'll always have my love. Rest in peace, my sweet darling, it's only temporary that we part. My angel, my angel, how you still do steal my heart </3

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Maloo Offline
Maloooooo
I can't get enough

Re: I don't think I can take this pain anymore! - March 5th 2012, 11:22 PM

That's what I used to be on but they switched me to a higher estrogen pill, and I take it every single day so I don't ever get my period.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
dani99 Offline
Ms.Average
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: I don't think I can take this pain anymore! - March 5th 2012, 11:27 PM

Hm...well, maybe I'll ask my mom about it and next time I see my doctor or my gynocologist I'll ask her about it.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Maloo Offline
Maloooooo
I can't get enough

Re: I don't think I can take this pain anymore! - March 6th 2012, 01:39 AM

Definitely ask your gyno. They might suggest the drop shot, and while the decision is yours, I'd do your research before agreeing to it.

(#9 (permalink)) Old
dani99 Offline
Ms.Average
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: I don't think I can take this pain anymore! - March 6th 2012, 03:56 AM

Oh, I will definitely do that.

Closed Thread