TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Sex and Puberty For questions related to sex, puberty, and similar topics, ask here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
2The Doctor2 Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Alexander

Crush - April 14th 2012, 04:44 AM

I like this girl from school how do I
A)ask my parents if I can date
If A is sucessful
B)ask her out

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Jack Lowden Offline
Afternoon.
Outside, huh?

Re: Crush - April 14th 2012, 07:17 AM

Hi there! I was in chat earlier when you asked this before, & I'm just going to say that I still think 13 is too young to actually date.

However, to answer your question, is there a specific girl you have in mind already? Or are you just asking for future reference? Either way, it'd be best to maybe sit down with your parents & just let them know you believe you are mature enough to date & see what they say. Also, dating at your age is a bit different than older teens, so you may want to clarify what exactly you mean by dating.

To ask a girl out, it may be best to be friends with her first, get to know her. Hang out a bit, maybe go on a couple of dates before you officially ask her out. Now how you do it, it's really up to you. Some guys just straight up ask "will you be my girlfriend?" (at least I think more guys around your age range do) or some sit down with the person they want to ask out to see what they think, such as if they see you just as a friend or more, etc.

Hope this helped

(#3 (permalink)) Old
2The Doctor2 Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Alexander

Re: Crush - April 14th 2012, 02:02 PM

By date I mean like go out to see a movie or the mall nothing like romantic dinners or anything.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
NevermindMe Offline
The Straight Edge Sniper
I've been here a while

Re: Crush - April 14th 2012, 05:22 PM

I realize as well as anyone that in middle school more so than highschool dating is a status symbol. But really, if you're just being friendly, why don't you just be friends?

- Justin

"Buy it, use it, break it, fix it,
Trash it, change it, mail, upgrade it,
Charge it, point it, zoom it, press it,
Snap it, work it, quick, erase it,
Write it, cut it, paste it, save it,
Load it, check it, quick, rewrite it"
Technologic

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Sequin Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Molly

Re: Crush - April 14th 2012, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trogdor View Post
I like this girl from school how do I
A)ask my parents if I can date
If A is sucessful
B)ask her out
A) OP, parents as a rule are rather gullible and naive about these things. I imagine yours might be similar, but this would be a guess on my part. Not knowing much about your parents in terms of how they view these things, I can't give you very specific advice. If they are more liberal, try asking them directly if they would mind taking you and a girl you like on your date (which is why I assume you are involving them in the first place). If they are not the type to be okay with this and you feel unsure, you might try asking for a "study date" with your "friend" as an avenue. This would give you enough privacy to talk to her, but also give your parents their illusion of being in control of every detail of your life.

B) She will appreciate you being direct and confident more than anything else. This is fairly universal and unless you have a reason to not think it the case, is your best option. I assume she already knows who you are so you should not have a problem finding an excuse to speak with her. Keep it simple, to the point, and think about what you want to say before you approach her. If you feel nervous, which you may or may not, you can reassure yourself that you will build confidence by asking her out. Whether she says yes or no, you will see how simple it was to ask. And this will in effect make you even more confident and attractive to your future dates.

I only offer this advice because you asked.

Good luck in whatever you decide to do.

Closed Thread