TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Pregnancy and Childcare If you're pregnant, a young parent, or have questions related to either, ask them here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
BabyIndia Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Name: India

SO Annoyed! - April 25th 2012, 11:31 AM

Seems i only come here to have a rant LOL.
Anyone else who has had a baby or is pregnant, what is it with people ssaying things and acting like they know everything.
Every women is different as is every birth and all that..

It all started when i put on my facebook that my folic acid is making me ill, which it is. I get some bitches saying oh get over it, its pregnacy, in the end due to all the hateful comments i had to delete the [post.

Everytime i take folic acid im ill, i'm sick i feel dizzy and gag at the slightest thing, if i go one day (i know not supposed to) im fine perfect health not sick or anything, so i know its the folic acid. The mid wife has said aslong as i eat leafy green things and stuff high in iron and take folic acid when i can ill be okay. sick of all the hateful comments just because theyve had or due to have a baby.

Another thing his mother. :@ how can i tell her not to touch me in a nice but firm way without upsetting her?

Shes always touching my stomach but shes pushing on it making me feel sick, im only 7weeks and 6 days and dont want her hands pushing on me.

Another thing her house reeks,. of cat pee and she smokes, i said could she not smoke when im around as it can affect the unborn child and she simply told me its my house ill do what i like. TGhen she has a go at me for not going over!! Im not risking his or hers life because of her.

Sorry for the rant and questions im just annoyed

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Never Forget Hope
I can't get enough

Name: Kelly

Re: SO Annoyed! - April 25th 2012, 12:50 PM

Well, explain to his mother what you just said to us. "I normally wouldn't mind you touching my stomach, as I know you just want to feel the baby. But I'm easily nauseated and when you touch my stomach you tend to push on it a bit, which makes me feel ill. Would you mind not touching my stomach?" Of course, use your own words. But something like that. Explain why and then ask her to stop.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
til'death Offline
BABIES?!?
Not a n00b

Name: Courtney

Re: SO Annoyed! - April 25th 2012, 08:15 PM

people have to be all in other people's bussiness.

that being said.
take 2 Flintstones chewables a day... they won't make you sick and they have the right amount of folic acid.
happy pregnancy.

When I saw you I was afraid to meet you.
When I met you I was afraid to kiss you.
When I kissed you I was afraid to love you.
Now that I love you, I am afraid to lose you.

He makes me smile
it's not just any regular smile either
it's that radiant smile, you know that one you get
when you know you have fallen head over heels in love
with the man of your dreams

(#4 (permalink)) Old
dani99 Offline
Ms.Average
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Danielle

Re: SO Annoyed! - April 26th 2012, 03:47 AM

Like said before, explain to his mother that it makes you feel sick and ask that she doesn't touch your stomach. She needs to respect that. Also, explain to her how the smoke and all of that is not good for the baby and if she continues to smoke in the house - then tell her you are not risking a healthy baby just because she wants to smoke in the house. As you might know, and what you could tell her are the possible consequences:

-Still birth
-Miscarriage
-Low birth weight (My mom smoked with me and I was born at 37 weeks the size of a preemie)
-Underdeveloped lungs
-Higher risk of SIDS
-Risk of having asthma
-Risk of heart defect
-Risk of having a learning disorder

Just mention those things to her. Maybe she'll open her eyes and see that she might be affecting your baby's development.

You're right on the first part, though. Every pregnancy is different and people need to leave you alone about all of that. Every pregnancy is going to have different side effects, some things will work and some things won't, and so fourth.

Just a girl with an angel above, just a girl with an angel to love. My angel grew wings and she did dare to fly. But I promise my angel, it's only good night but never good-bye. My angel, my angel in heaven above. My angel, my darling, you'll always have my love. Rest in peace, my sweet darling, it's only temporary that we part. My angel, my angel, how you still do steal my heart </3

(#5 (permalink)) Old
ChelleBelle97 Offline
Cookie Monster(:<3
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Michelle-Leigh(:
Location: Under Your Bed With Your Cookies From Your Cookie Jar. D:

Re: SO Annoyed! - April 26th 2012, 08:11 AM

Honestly, with my temper.. if that was my mother/mother-in-law, I'd end up cussing her out. lol Your house.. your rules? Well, if you want something to happen to your grandchild because you're obviously stupid then I suggest me not coming here anymore or you quit smoking around me. Sorry, this is my rant. I hate selfish people. lol

--October 16th, 2011: The day I got a second chance, the day I decided my life is worth living... <3

Smile! You ARE Beautiful!!!
---OperationBeautiful.com

(#6 (permalink)) Old
BabyIndia Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Name: India

Re: SO Annoyed! - April 26th 2012, 06:46 PM

Our child is ar risk of asthma as me and my hubby have it, and its on my rents side aswell. She just turned around and said well im smoking its my house, so ive told her im not going over there, and if she thinks for one single minute that once our child is born i'll be going over shes got another thing coming. Shes done nothing but be a cow over everything, when we got married she was picking at everything, then when we found out we were pregnant we told her, we didnt want to until we were 12 weeks as ive had a miscarriage before, she said oh im glad youve told me because if you had made me wait i would of gone mad. My mams ready to bat her. She reckons i cant stop her from seeing her grandchild, in which i replyied if your going to contine to smoke and not stop when the child is there, then i have every right not to bring he/she over. Apparntly im being a drama queen about it and acting like im the first person in the world to be pregnant, tbh, i dont want to risk all of those things above, i want to know ive done everything i could possibly do for my child and then if it comes out poorly ill not feel bad, because ill know it wasnt my fault. (like i didnt make the baby poorly) and just get on with it.
She keeps on saying oh your just pretending about the folic acid and the passing out, hmm considering ive been on the phone to the midwife nearly in tears because i dont want my child to be damaged in any way thats due to me causing it.

Sorry for the rant, maybe im just hormonal but shes just getting right on my nerves!!!

Closed Thread