TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Pregnancy and Childcare If you're pregnant, a young parent, or have questions related to either, ask them here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
michelle93 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: michelle

Points: 7,159, Level: 12 Points: 7,159, Level: 12 Points: 7,159, Level: 12

Smile pregnant and dunno what to do!! - July 5th 2012, 12:56 PM

ok, so..ive been with this guy, but not for long..im 19 and he's 23...im just finished school..i think i could be pregnant and if i am i dunno what to do ...he said the last thing he wants is a child and that he's gunna be heatbroken if i am pregnant which makes me feel really bad my parents & grandparents are strict when it comes to things like this so i cant tell them

any help would be appreciated x
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Outside, huh?

Name: Cathy

Points: 43,443, Level: 29 Points: 43,443, Level: 29 Points: 43,443, Level: 29

Re: pregnant and dunno what to do!! - July 5th 2012, 01:42 PM

How long has it been since you last had sex? If it has been at least two weeks, then you should go ahead and take a pregnancy test to see if you're pregnant. If it hasn't been at least two weeks, then it is too soon to see if you're pregnant or not because you wouldn't be experiencing pregnancy symptoms this early, like a couple of days or a week after you had sex.
If it is worrying you that much, wait a week or so, and then go to a doctor to get the proper testing done.

Member Since 1/15/2012
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Average Joe

Name: Ivan"Chandler" Brown

Points: 10,664, Level: 15 Points: 10,664, Level: 15 Points: 10,664, Level: 15

Re: pregnant and dunno what to do!! - July 5th 2012, 03:57 PM

Hi there,
I totally agree with Cathy on this one. If it's been more then two weeks then go ahead and take a test if it hasen't been two weeks then I would wait tell the two week mark. But if it is worrying you after about a week head off to the OB/GYN to get the right test done.
Hope this has helped
Take care and goodluck with everything <3

I'll miss you grandma more then you'll ever know. I know your being taken good care of. I will never forget you.
5/20/1950??-4/1/2013
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Cassie999 Offline
Banned
Regular TeenHelper

Points: 10,393, Level: 14 Points: 10,393, Level: 14 Points: 10,393, Level: 14

Re: pregnant and dunno what to do!! - July 5th 2012, 03:58 PM

Hello Dear.

Buy a pregnancy test first. You have to be 100% sure that your pregnant and that is to have a test to see if your pregnant or not. If your pregnant then you would need to tell him that you are having his baby in your own time when your ready no rush. I know it's very hard for you to tell him but just think that being honest makes you feel better. He needs to know dear and you can do it. You and your boyfriend need to talk about it and think about what you both are going to do and decided if you and him want to keep it or not. Give it a try dear but don't feel to pushed in talking to him remember in your own time but not to late.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Squiggly Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Points: 14,658, Level: 17 Points: 14,658, Level: 17 Points: 14,658, Level: 17

Re: pregnant and dunno what to do!! - July 5th 2012, 05:27 PM

Hello,
If it has been at least two weeks since the last time you had sex then it is a good time to take a pregnancy to know for sure. Try not to let yourself worry over this until you do know for sure because stress can make your period late and that will only make you worry even more. If you are pregnant you have options but you have to know for sure first. Keep us updated.
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
michelle93 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: pregnant and dunno what to do!! - July 5th 2012, 09:39 PM

thanks guys
it hasnt been two weeks, its been just over a week or so...is it still too early to know?
im so scared if i am because he text me and said he'd be disapointed if i was..as if its totally my fault and id feel terrible if i was...am i making too big a deal about him and should i just focus on taking care of myself?
thanks for all yer help guys <3
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Maloo Offline
Maloooooo
I can't get enough

Name: Lissa

Points: 22,249, Level: 21 Points: 22,249, Level: 21 Points: 22,249, Level: 21

Re: pregnant and dunno what to do!! - July 5th 2012, 09:57 PM

Yes it's too early. Wait until it's been two weeks, and take a test. Make sure you read the directions so you know you're doing it properly.

I wouldn't freak out about anything until you take a test.
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
Cassie999 Offline
Banned
Regular TeenHelper

Re: pregnant and dunno what to do!! - July 5th 2012, 10:37 PM

Your not making a big deal out of it. It is very worrying and makes you freaked out when a boyfriend doesn't want a child yet when your having his child. Your boyfriend and you can work this out together it will be okay hun. He can still look after you.
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
michelle93 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: pregnant and dunno what to do!! - July 6th 2012, 09:42 AM

I really hope you're right! but i can do nothing but wait...it will be two weeks on sunday since it happened so i can start to freak out after that! :/
  (#10 (permalink)) Old
Cassie999 Offline
Banned
Regular TeenHelper

Re: pregnant and dunno what to do!! - July 6th 2012, 03:19 PM

I am right dear everything will be okay and that you both can work things out if you are pregnant. Let me know how the test goes honey only if you want to.
  (#11 (permalink)) Old
punk rocker with attitude
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Jennifer

Points: 16,645, Level: 18 Points: 16,645, Level: 18 Points: 16,645, Level: 18

Re: pregnant and dunno what to do!! - July 6th 2012, 04:35 PM

Like everyone said just wait and relax. Stressing out about if you're pregnant or not can make it late. I know it's hard to do I've been there a few times, well not exactly in your shoes but I know stress does make your body do some crazy things. Just sit down, relax and fill your mind with other things.

You can't live a positive life with a negative mind and if you have a positive outcome you have a positive income and just to have more positivity and just to kind of laugh it off. ~ Miley Cyrus

(#12 (permalink)) Old
jackiedollbaby Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 6,989, Level: 12 Points: 6,989, Level: 12 Points: 6,989, Level: 12

Re: pregnant and dunno what to do!! - July 7th 2012, 12:07 AM

Def agree with what most on here have said......not to stress until you know for sure whether you are or not. However i just want to add as for your bf....... don't let him make you feel bad if you find out you are pregnant, it takes two to tango. I understand you have family that wouldn't take this news so well, and that will effect your decision on what to do if you found out you were pregnant. Just remember when it comes to your bf though its not just his choice, this is your body and there are things he can do in the future to avoid such scares if this is such a big deal for him. I wish you the best of luck
  (#13 (permalink)) Old
Cutie7519 Offline
Love & Death
Average Joe

Name: Kate
Location: In my happy place, where happiness lives forever more.

Points: 14,175, Level: 17 Points: 14,175, Level: 17 Points: 14,175, Level: 17

Re: pregnant and dunno what to do!! - July 7th 2012, 12:20 AM

You can also besides a home pregnancy test is a blood test at an OB/GYN office and blood test I have heard are more effective then a home test and I think can tell earlier then a home test. But don't take my word on it being told earlier because I'm unsure of that.

Also you are 19 years old and legally you don't have to tell your parents or your grandparents if you really are pregnant.

You just have to relax and wait for the two weeks to take a home test. I also hope your boy friend will stand by you even if you are pregnant.

"It's easier to run, replacing this pain with something numb, it's so much easier to go, than face all this pain here all alone."- Linkin Park, Easier to run

"When the nightmares take me, I will scream with the howling wind." Owl City, Lonely Lullaby

(#14 (permalink)) Old
Always * Offline
I can't get enough

Points: 26,162, Level: 23 Points: 26,162, Level: 23 Points: 26,162, Level: 23

Re: pregnant and dunno what to do!! - July 7th 2012, 09:56 PM

I agree with what's being said, you need to get the test and then wait to see if you are getting a period or not (and do another test if the one you got is negative). You don't need to worry about whether or not your boyfriend will want the baby when there might not be a baby to worry about. And then I guess you will have to think about whether what you want is compatible with him, because if you want the potential baby, and he doesn't you should start thinking about whether you really want him to be your boyfriend. Just because he fathered it doesn't mean he has to be involved (you can just call him the "sperm donor"), but again, there is no cause to worry, so I REALLY don't even need to be saying that.
Closed Thread