TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Pregnancy and Childcare If you're pregnant, a young parent, or have questions related to either, ask them here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Skyy Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: chandra

Points: 7,419, Level: 12 Points: 7,419, Level: 12 Points: 7,419, Level: 12

Am I pregnant - October 11th 2012, 02:03 AM

For the last two weeks I've been having weird cravings like peanut butter and pickles French fries and ranch even popcorn with lots of butter! I have gained 2-4 pounds my boobs hurt like hell I had to untighten all of my bras bc it hurts to wear them like usual. I have morning n night sickness... Get sick at the smell of food. Back pains hurt the worse. More headaches than ever.... I have took a pregnancy test it came out negative.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Melwirth Offline
Average Joe

Name: Melissa

Points: 7,943, Level: 13 Points: 7,943, Level: 13 Points: 7,943, Level: 13

Re: Am I pregnant - October 11th 2012, 05:28 AM

ummm maybe you should take another test just to be sure. but then again it might be too soon, when was the last time you had sex? Cuz you have a lot of the symptoms but then again those could happen for other reasons as well. Just take another test if it'st been long enough. And if you really want to be sure go to a doctor.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Skyy Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: chandra

Points: 7,419, Level: 12 Points: 7,419, Level: 12 Points: 7,419, Level: 12

Re: Am I pregnant - October 11th 2012, 06:35 AM

Last time I had sex was 2 weeks ago n I took one Sunday night n it came back negative....
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
MsNobleEleanor Offline
I can't get enough

Points: 56,119, Level: 34 Points: 56,119, Level: 34 Points: 56,119, Level: 34

Re: Am I pregnant - October 11th 2012, 09:34 AM

Usually someone won't know if their pregnant until you miss your period. If your period is late it could mean your stressed out, your pregnant, or other factors. I would suggest going to your doctor. Also, when you had sex was their protection involved? If your worried about pregnancy and don't want to fall pregnant you should discuss methods of birth control with a health care professional.

For more information on Birth Control types visit here. The link has the kinds of Birth Control and what others say about being on that method or methods.

I recommend checking out that link and discussing methods with a health care professional but you need to get yourself checked out for pregnancy.

Have you thought about what you would do if you are pregnant?

Do you have a plan on what you would do if your not pregnant?

Do you know about Birth Control Methods?

Be gentle.

Have questions or would like to chat send me a PM
+
Outreach and Communications Officer
Resource Editor
Community Moderator | Forum Moderator

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Harmony♥ Offline
Proud Military Girlfriend
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Shannon

Points: 32,429, Level: 25 Points: 32,429, Level: 25 Points: 32,429, Level: 25

Re: Am I pregnant - October 11th 2012, 11:00 AM

You have all the tell-tale signs of pregnancy, but since you only had sex just two weeks, it;s likely caused by something else, not pregnancy. Symptoms won't begin appearing until about the 6th-8th week of pregnancy. If the test you took came out negative, there is a good chance that you took it too early. Two weeks is a good amount of time to wait to take one, however, it could still have been too early. I would take another test if you're worried about being pregnant.

I may wear the glass slippers; But my hero wears combat boots <3 I love you, Lieutenant

HelpLink Mentor 6/13/2011
Pregnancy & Childcare Moderator 11/26/2011
Fashion & Style Moderator 12/28/2011
Social Groups Moderator 12/28/2011
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
TakeTheLeap Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Emily

Points: 19,139, Level: 20 Points: 19,139, Level: 20 Points: 19,139, Level: 20

Re: Am I pregnant - October 11th 2012, 05:53 PM

Although those are the signs of pregnancy, those signs usually don't start in the first couple of weeks. Your body can't even tell it's pregnant until a few weeks after you conceive, so you wouldn't be exhibiting signs until 6-8 weeks after conception.
You will want to take another test in a week or so. Sometimes 2 weeks is too early to take a test, and sometimes it's not enough time to see whether you've missed your period or not.
These "signs" you've been experiencing could just have developed out of fear of being pregnant, stress from everyday life, or they could be signs of something else. Perhaps it would be best to see your doctor about it - you can get a blood pregnancy test done (which is exceedingly more accurate than the pee stick) if you're still worried, and your doctor may be able to help you figure out what's causing those symptoms.

“Don't get too comfortable with who you are at any given time. You may miss the opportunity to become who you want to be." ~Jon Bon Jovi

Closed Thread