TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Pregnancy and Childcare If you're pregnant, a young parent, or have questions related to either, ask them here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
britt:3 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 6,587, Level: 11 Points: 6,587, Level: 11 Points: 6,587, Level: 11

Question im 19 and showing signs of being pregnant but tests say negative. - February 7th 2013, 04:23 AM

i am hoping someone can please tell me their opinion. my last period ended December 19, i went home for my christmas break December 23 and had unprotected sex with my boyfriend, and he did not pull out. i have a regular period usually, but i have not gotten it since. i have been getting a small belly and its kind of hard. i have also been having mood swings, hot flashes, my stomach has been upset, my breasts are sore and have grown a little bit. i have taken 2 pregnancy tests that came back negative but have not seen a doctor yet. so i do not know if i am pregnant. i was pregnant 2 years ago but the tests came back negative when i was almost 3 months, so i dont know if it is doing that again. i am 19 years old. and i am in need of your opinion.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Music Offline
Thoroughly medicated
I've been here a while

Name: Richard

Points: 19,767, Level: 20 Points: 19,767, Level: 20 Points: 19,767, Level: 20

Re: im 19 and showing signs of being pregnant but tests say negative. - February 7th 2013, 12:20 PM

If you think you're pregnant you should go to the doctor and have a blood test done. At home tests aren't 100% accurate, although they aren't that far off, people will still get false positives and false negatives.

Member since 2005
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Harmony♥ Offline
Proud Military Girlfriend
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Shannon

Points: 32,429, Level: 25 Points: 32,429, Level: 25 Points: 32,429, Level: 25

Re: im 19 and showing signs of being pregnant but tests say negative. - February 7th 2013, 05:46 PM

I agree with the above. You're concerned that your pregnant...which you have the right to be. You indulged in unprotected sex. The chances of you becoming pregnant are significantly high because of this factor. You took two tests that came back negative, and it's certainly been long enough for you to take a pregnancy test and even to begin showing signs of pregnancy as well.

I'd go to a doctor. They can give you a urine or blood test which has a much higher success rate than at home pregnancy tests. I'd get one as soon as possible.

I may wear the glass slippers; But my hero wears combat boots <3 I love you, Lieutenant

HelpLink Mentor 6/13/2011
Pregnancy & Childcare Moderator 11/26/2011
Fashion & Style Moderator 12/28/2011
Social Groups Moderator 12/28/2011
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
britt:3 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 6,587, Level: 11 Points: 6,587, Level: 11 Points: 6,587, Level: 11

Re: im 19 and showing signs of being pregnant but tests say negative. - February 8th 2013, 07:51 AM

thank you so much for your help, i have an appointment tomorrow at 3. i really appreciate it
Closed Thread