TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Pregnancy and Childcare If you're pregnant, a young parent, or have questions related to either, ask them here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 6,817, Level: 12 Points: 6,817, Level: 12 Points: 6,817, Level: 12

I hate being pregnant - May 15th 2013, 03:11 PM

I know that's awful to say but I really haven't enjoyed being pregnant at all!
I am always sick. If it's not one thing then it's another. I have been constantly nauseous and throwing up like crazy. I've lost over [Edited.] The doctor finally got me on some medication that helps keep food down but I still feel sick to my stomach all the time. I'm constantly tired. I have no energy. I'm constipated. I've been battling a awful sinus infection for a few months now. My head feels like it wants to explode. If my head isn't wanting to explode from all the sinus pressure then I have a head ache all the time. Plus I've had heart burn like crazy. And I get awful cramps in my upper abdomen from a combination of constipation and horrible heart burn.
And with that all being said, I have been missing a lot of work. Which has pissed my family off and my boss too. I have already blew through my savings and I haven't even begun to buy anything for the baby yet. I am about to lose my job because I've been missing so much. My family is upset with me too because we are running out of money fast and the baby isn't even here yet. My doctor is irritated with me too because I constantly need doctor notes for work.
Everyone just keeps telling me that I'm being a big baby. That there's nothing wrong with me and I need to suck it up and go to work. Even the doctor says that everything I'm going through is normal and I need to just go to work. If I go to work then my boss just yells at me for missing so much and I usually have to come home early anyways because I feel too sick. And if I don't go to work then I have to hear it from my family and from the doctor.
I don't know what to do. I'm just so sick of being sick all the time and people don't believe me how much I feel like crap all the time. So I guess I'm just looking for some support. Has anyone else felt like this? and how can I get through this? I keep getting told from the doctor that I should be feeling better soon because I'm in my second trimester but I don't feel any better at all. Any suggestions?

Last edited by LlamaLlamaDuck; May 16th 2013 at 01:37 PM. Reason: Please don't post weight numbers on TeenHelp.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Always * Offline
I can't get enough

Points: 26,162, Level: 23 Points: 26,162, Level: 23 Points: 26,162, Level: 23

Re: I hate being pregnant - May 16th 2013, 07:00 PM

Your doctor is a trained professional, she/he knows what she/he is talking about, the second trimester could very easily become better as is typical, she/he isn't lying or making stuff up. And you might just have a harder pregnancy, that doesn't mean anything is wrong, I worked with someone who's pregnancy was tough, she was sick a lot even quite far in and had to take it really easy at work and leave early sometimes and stuff, you might want to ask your doc what you can take to make it easier and try that out... Unfortunately some people just are predisposed to harder pregnancies, there isn't necessarily anything abnormal about it cause there isn't one tried and true experience of pregnancy. But hopefully it starts getting easier soon

Feel free to PM me if you ever need to chat or have questions
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
RiddleMeThis Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Ridley

Points: 6,579, Level: 11 Points: 6,579, Level: 11 Points: 6,579, Level: 11

Re: I hate being pregnant - May 17th 2013, 09:49 AM

Honestly this all seems like normal pregnancy to me. A lot of women react differently to it and I'll tell you it's no walk in the park, it's horrible. All you can really do is let the comments roll off your back and keep telling yourself that each day that passes you get closer to your due date. I'm sure that once you see your baby it will make things easier. I wish you all the luck.
YOU CAN DO IT! Keep your head up! <3

Your negativities cannot penetrate my RAINBOW Wall Of HAPPINESS!
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Jocelyn. Offline
Now fight.
I've been here a while

Name: Joce

Points: 15,451, Level: 18 Points: 15,451, Level: 18 Points: 15,451, Level: 18

Re: I hate being pregnant - May 20th 2013, 07:28 PM

You could very well have something called Hyperemesis Gravidarum. It is very extreme nausea and vomiting that usually results in a decent amount of weight loss. For most who suffer from this, it typically goes well into the second trimester and for some it even last throughout the pregnancy.

I had this from about my sixth week of pregnancy until about my 25th week. I was completely bed ridden and had to take a leave from work. Don't let people tell you its normal, that its all in your head and you need to suck it up. Its important that you listen to your body and do whats right for you.

I don't think I can link to the actual site, but if you google HG support forums there is one in particular with lots of great resources.

You also might want to mention HG to your doctor and see if he seems familiar with it. Some doctors are very understanding of it and some aren't so much.

When reality is a prison, your mind can set you free.
Closed Thread