TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Pregnancy and Childcare If you're pregnant, a young parent, or have questions related to either, ask them here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
kennnziie Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 7,385, Level: 12 Points: 7,385, Level: 12 Points: 7,385, Level: 12

Pregnant? Is it possible? - May 28th 2013, 11:05 PM

Not sure if this belongs in the pregnancy category so if it is I guess go ahead and move it. I am going to try to make this story as short as possible...

I'm a girl, and I'm 18. I just graduated high school May 19th.
Exactly a week before that we started our Senior week parties. Everyone would meet at a location in town and we would follow someone out to property that they owned. We would have big parties out on people's land every night all week until graduation night. I went to every party and each party I drank even more. At the party that Thursday I drank quite a bit. I had sex with a guy in the back of his truck. We didn't use a condom. I freaked out because I don't want to be pregnant so the next day after graduation practice I went to the health department. I took plan b, and she told me that it would be a good idea to start on birth control. So the next day is when I began. It's been 11 days since the party... And 10 days since I took plan b, and started birth control. Is there a possibility that I could be pregnant even though I took plan b and started on the pill? I'm probably just being paranoid. But if there is when should I take a test? Did I mention I didn't start my period at the end of the month like I should have?.. Like I said I may just be paranoid..
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Coffee. Offline
Condom Queen
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Traci
Pronouns: she/her/hers

Points: 95,373, Level: 44 Points: 95,373, Level: 44 Points: 95,373, Level: 44

Re: Pregnant? Is it possible? - May 28th 2013, 11:14 PM

You should be fine. It's probably been enough time so that you can take a pregnancy test if it's of concern to you, but it'd be very unlikely to be pregnant at this time.

If you would like it moved or another moderator disagrees with the thread's categorization, let me know or move it, but I feel it's pretty fitting in either forum.

something burning?
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount71

Edit avatar

Re: Pregnant? Is it possible? - May 30th 2013, 04:33 AM

Plan B can be effective up to 72 hours after unprotected intercourse. The sooner you take it, the more effective it is. It's generally very effective, especially if you started taking birth control immediately after. Chances of pregnancy are probably very low. However, I would recommend getting tested for sexually transmitted infections, and in the future, use condoms to decrease your chances of contracting STIs.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount17

Edit avatar

Re: Pregnant? Is it possible? - June 1st 2013, 02:00 AM

I'd say it's highly unlikely that you're pregnant. But you can still take a pregnancy test to be sure and dissolve your worries.
Closed Thread