TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Pregnancy and Childcare If you're pregnant, a young parent, or have questions related to either, ask them here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
mibbz Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Spudley

Points: 6,766, Level: 12 Points: 6,766, Level: 12 Points: 6,766, Level: 12

Question My boyfriend thinks I might be pregnant. - July 9th 2013, 01:08 AM

For the past few days, I've been cramping and really nauseous all day long. I've also been unusually hungry, which has been waking me up at about one in the morning. My boyfriend started freaking out because my period is late. I wasn't really scared or worried about it until I found out that about a week ago, when there was an unusually large amount of discharge that I was producing and thought nothing of it, was something that happens when a woman is pregnant and the cervical mucus builds up. I know that there's a big chance that I might be pregnant, but I don't know what to do. He's so scared that he's asked me about how I feel about abortion. We plan on having me take a test when we get back home from our vacation in Ontario if my period still hasn't come by the 14th. Thing is, I don't know what to do if I am. His dad doesn't know we're sexually active, let alone that we're not virgins. I need advice. I don't know how either of us would be able to support a baby, let alone tell our parents.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Lelola Offline
I've been here a while

Points: 11,504, Level: 15 Points: 11,504, Level: 15 Points: 11,504, Level: 15

Re: My boyfriend thinks I might be pregnant. - July 9th 2013, 02:17 AM

If you are able to sneak a test, I recommend you do it. If you are in a situation like you're vacationing with family, you may want to wait till you get home like you plan to. I would rather know quicker than fret about it the entire trip.

As for the discharge, it's possible but it could be other things like a yeast infection or a bacteria infection. Those things can also impact your period too.

If you are not pregnant, then I would recommend you buy condoms and try to keep them hidden in your wallet or a small change purse in your purse.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Kindred Offline
You can handle anything
I've been here a while

Name: Eyeliner Failure

Points: 31,637, Level: 25 Points: 31,637, Level: 25 Points: 31,637, Level: 25

Re: My boyfriend thinks I might be pregnant. - July 9th 2013, 09:33 AM

Have you had unprotected sex?

Take as long as you need.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Lizzie Offline
Volunteering Officer
Outside, huh?

Name: Lizzie

Points: 32,471, Level: 26 Points: 32,471, Level: 26 Points: 32,471, Level: 26

Re: My boyfriend thinks I might be pregnant. - July 9th 2013, 01:37 PM

The thing about pregnancy symptoms is that they can be identical to period symptoms. So try not to worry yourself by thinking you may have symptoms just yet. Since your period is a week late I recommend that you take a pregnancy test, like you are planning. I know it’s hard not to worry about this situation, but try to remain calm until you know exactly what is going on.

I personally do not see the point in stressing yourself out until you know if you are pregnant or not. And once you find out then you can decide what you are going to do. It is very likely that you just have a late period, it happens all the time. So just try to relax and wait until you can take a test.

Interested in becoming a staff member? Feel free to PM me, or apply HERE!
::Teen Help Member Since 2006::
::Staff Member for ten years::
~Blessed Be~
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
BrittLovesRicky Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Brittany Cox

Points: 7,561, Level: 12 Points: 7,561, Level: 12 Points: 7,561, Level: 12

Re: My boyfriend thinks I might be pregnant. - July 9th 2013, 02:32 PM

First, Did you use condoms?
Second, if not, then next time, use them.

Teens these days dont see any harm in not being protected. Not only are there STD's and such, there are always a chance of someone getting pregnant.

Im not here to bash you. Sneak and take a test ASAP. If youre late the test will show. If it says negative dont assume your not.. Treat yourself as if you are pregnant until you start your period back. Some tests wont show until you are farther along. Take a test every week if they keep coming up negative until you start your period.

You shouldnt stress yourself to much.

There have been times i thought i was pregnant when i was married. Infections and bacteria can cause you to delay your period. Some people who stress to much can either not have a period for a long time or have one before its time. Just keep calm and test yourself.

Keep TH updated on the results.
If your are pregnant, we will be here every step of the way.
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
xxpaigiexx Offline
Up In The Clouds...
I can't get enough

Name: Paige

Points: 26,681, Level: 23 Points: 26,681, Level: 23 Points: 26,681, Level: 23

Re: My boyfriend thinks I might be pregnant. - July 10th 2013, 06:29 PM

Hi there,

If you have had unprotected sex then there is always a chance of pregnancy. Things like stress can affect your period. Before you panic too much and get ahead of yourself and start thinking of abortions and babies before you know anything for certain, take a test and then whatever the outcome and decide where to go from there.

Best of luck,
Paige

Facta Non Verba
Deeds not words
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
mibbz Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Spudley

Points: 6,766, Level: 12 Points: 6,766, Level: 12 Points: 6,766, Level: 12

Re: My boyfriend thinks I might be pregnant. - July 17th 2013, 03:44 AM

Good news, I suppose, is that I'm not pregnant. Just thought I'd keep you all informed. I figure it was stress that delayed it. I would have said so sooner, but I couldn't bring myself to due to how upset I was just from thinking about it. I don't suppose anyone would feel the same or empathize with my sadness from not being pregnant, considering the circumstances. Either way, I'll try looking on the bright side and move on from this.
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
Lelola Offline
I've been here a while

Points: 11,504, Level: 15 Points: 11,504, Level: 15 Points: 11,504, Level: 15

Re: My boyfriend thinks I might be pregnant. - July 17th 2013, 06:53 AM

It's natural to want a baby, but I think it is good that it didn't happen now. I would focus on the good reasons why you want to wait like you can have your own place and become established in a house. You can afford to buy things for the child in a few years like maybe start doing martial art lessons or art lessons. You won't have to struggle as much in terms of juggling school and work.
Closed Thread