TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Pregnancy and Childcare If you're pregnant, a young parent, or have questions related to either, ask them here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Mandy007 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 6,232, Level: 11 Points: 6,232, Level: 11 Points: 6,232, Level: 11

Exclamation I'm not sure if im pregnant. Please help ASAP. - September 3rd 2013, 08:18 AM

Hi! well let's see. I've read a lot of articles on Google and on all sorts of websites that said that implantation bleeding occurs only 1-3 days and will only have some light pinkish/brownish bleeding or spotting.
Well, I had very short unprotected sex (lasted for about 10 minutes) last tuesday(20th August 2013)with my boyfriend. He did not ejaculate IN my vagina nor outside of it. He did not ejaculate any semen at all. Later,on the 27th August 2013, I had my menstruation. My menstruation lasted for 7 days with the flow of light(red)-heavy(red)-light(brown). Usually that's how menstruation flow goes. But I'm just wondering whether was I having very HEAVY implantation bleeding or just having some normal menstruation.
I'm not even sure am I pregnant in the first place but just to be safe I did a pregnancy and it came out negative. Some of the articles on some websites said that it could be our low HpG that causes the pregnancy test to showed up negative result.

And FYI, I do not have ANY of the pregnancy symptoms such as nausea, frequent peeing etc etc. I don't have any of those pregnancy symptoms. All I had was VERY PAINFUL CRAMPS on the first and the second day of my menstruation.

OHYEAH BTW, My period had some large and small blood clots in it. I read that implantation doesnt have any clots in it.

So here I am, asking anyone that is willing to help or make it clear to me.
I'm very confused whether am I having very HEAVY implantation bleeding or was i just having menstruation or am I EVEN Pregnant in the first place. I'm stress and worried. Please help. ANYONE?
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Mandy007 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I'm not sure if im pregnant. Please help ASAP. - September 3rd 2013, 08:54 AM

please help :/
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Thereishope Offline
Banned
I can't get enough

Name: Michelle
Pronouns: She/her

Points: 20,045, Level: 20 Points: 20,045, Level: 20 Points: 20,045, Level: 20

Re: I'm not sure if im pregnant. Please help ASAP. - September 3rd 2013, 11:35 AM

Doubt you have anything to worry about but you can always take a test to be sure.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Mandy007 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I'm not sure if im pregnant. Please help ASAP. - September 3rd 2013, 12:51 PM

Well, i took a test and the result was negative
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Lizzie Offline
Volunteering Officer
Outside, huh?

Name: Lizzie

Points: 32,471, Level: 26 Points: 32,471, Level: 26 Points: 32,471, Level: 26

Re: I'm not sure if im pregnant. Please help ASAP. - September 3rd 2013, 05:12 PM

There really isn't such thing as heavy implantation bleeding. It would be very light spotting and would not mimic a regular flow at all. That and the fact you got a negative pregnancy test should reassure you that you are most likely not pregnant.

But keep in mind for the future to use birth control, because semen can still leak out of his penis before he actually ejaculates, it's not a safe form of birth control in the least. Not to mention it does not protect you from possible STDs.

Interested in becoming a staff member? Feel free to PM me, or apply HERE!
::Teen Help Member Since 2006::
::Staff Member for ten years::
~Blessed Be~
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Mandy007 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I'm not sure if im pregnant. Please help ASAP. - September 4th 2013, 09:59 AM

Lizzie thankyou so much for your reply! Well, could you or anyone explain MORE about implantation bleeding ? I'm still confused about it. and what are the differences between implantation and menstruation?
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Lizzie Offline
Volunteering Officer
Outside, huh?

Re: I'm not sure if im pregnant. Please help ASAP. - September 4th 2013, 07:30 PM

I had implantation spotting. It was extremely light, I only ever saw it on my toilet paper when I wiped. It wasn't even heavy enough to need a panty liner. It sounds like you had a normal period and sounds nothing like implantation spotting.

If you are still worried, though I wouldn't be, you could take another test. It has been long enough since you had sex to have an accurate test result.

~Blessed Be~
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
Mandy007 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I'm not sure if im pregnant. Please help ASAP. - September 4th 2013, 10:04 PM

but it all also depends on your hcg levels. what if its too insufficient to be detected by the pregnancy test ? the result might come out negative but i could be positive the whole time. I'm sorry lizzie for bombarding you with so many questions. I'm just very VERY scared and worried.
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
Lizzie Offline
Volunteering Officer
Outside, huh?

Re: I'm not sure if im pregnant. Please help ASAP. - September 4th 2013, 11:18 PM

Take a test that says early detection on it, they are more sensitive to lower HGC levels. If that test says negative, I would consider that very accurate. I would only be suspicious if you missed a period, but you didn't. I'm not suggesting another test because I think its likely you are pregnant, but for your piece of mind.

Pregnancy tests are so sensitive that they can pop positive for things like molar pregnancies and ectopic pregnancies, both situations in which the HGC levels would be abnomally low. If I were you, I would trust the results.

~Blessed Be~
  (#10 (permalink)) Old
Mandy007 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I'm not sure if im pregnant. Please help ASAP. - September 5th 2013, 09:56 AM

LIZZIE. THANKYOU SO MUCH! You've put my mind at ease
THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU! I wish I can give you a long hug right now!
Hhahahaha I'll contact you soon kay But mind if I pm you, just incase anything pop up ?
  (#11 (permalink)) Old
Lizzie Offline
Volunteering Officer
Outside, huh?

Re: I'm not sure if im pregnant. Please help ASAP. - September 5th 2013, 02:35 PM

Feel free to PM me whenever.

~Blessed Be~
  (#12 (permalink)) Old
Mandy007 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I'm not sure if im pregnant. Please help ASAP. - September 11th 2013, 03:02 PM

update : Did a 2nd pregnancy test and it turns out negative
Closed Thread