TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Pregnancy and Childcare If you're pregnant, a young parent, or have questions related to either, ask them here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
SkyeKaris Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Skye-Karis

Points: 6,317, Level: 11 Points: 6,317, Level: 11 Points: 6,317, Level: 11

Talking 15 and pregnant - October 8th 2013, 08:20 PM

I posted on here the other day about why i had such a late period and was getting discharge... Done a test tonight and i am indeed pregnant. Not really sure what to do next. My mum knows and shes very supportive but blames herself... If im honest, Im really happy about being pregnant... I know im young but I work with children anyway... I dont go to school anymore and i work as a nanny... My baby should be due around my birthday if ive worked it out right... Im not with the dad anymore it was a bad relationship with an older guy... Gonna wait a while to tell him, Hes not living in the area anymore too... ADVICE PLEASE!! <3 Thankyouu xox
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Adam the Fish Offline
The Skittlemeister.
I can't get enough

Name: Adam

Points: 21,690, Level: 21 Points: 21,690, Level: 21 Points: 21,690, Level: 21

Re: 15 and pregnant - October 8th 2013, 08:38 PM

Hey,

May I firstly say that you're taking this remarkably well, so well done on keeping calm. Most people would freak out if something like this happened, and your attitude will be helpful.

I'm glad your mum's being helpful, because it really helps, although I wouldn't lay off telling the father for too long - he has a right to know, and he can make decisions on whether he wants to make any contribution to your child's life.
You should probably try to do it fairly personally, although depending on what you mean by "bad" relationship, be careful to keep yourself - and baby - safe.

I guess, as well, congratulations - you're going to be a parent!
It's a big responsibility, as I'm sure you're more than aware, but one I'm sure you'll tackle very well; be sure to make all the proper preparations and plans (how will you support your family, give your child the best start in life, etc.?) before too long, and definitely keep talking to your mum about the way you're feeling.

So, anything you want to talk about, give us a post - and let us know how your pregnancy goes.

Skittlify me up...
Adam the Fish | 26/08/12 | 08/10/12 | 02/12/12 | 09/02/13 | 01/06/13 | 30/08/13 | 25/11/13
...spreading happiness and joy around the Internet!
...well, I try, anyway. .......................
private message.visitor message.profile.email
"May we always remember that we are the rainbow."
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Lizzie Offline
Volunteering Officer
Outside, huh?

Name: Lizzie

Points: 32,471, Level: 26 Points: 32,471, Level: 26 Points: 32,471, Level: 26

Re: 15 and pregnant - October 9th 2013, 05:41 PM

One of the first things you need to do is set up an appointment with your general practitioner or an obstetrician to confirm the pregnancy and its viability. Once that happens they will make your first OB appointment which will consist mostly of filling out forms about your family’s medical history.

It’s important that you start taking prenatal vitamins; they can be bought over the counter at any grocery store or pharmacy. You also need to increase your fluid intake to at least 64 ounces a day. It’s very important to stay hydrated during pregnancy.

There are a lot of lifestyle changes that need to be made during pregnancy and your doctor will go over those with you. But I also highly recommend that you start buying some books about pregnancy to start educating yourself about it. There is a lot to learn.

Let me know if you have any questions and feel free to PM me.

Interested in becoming a staff member? Feel free to PM me, or apply HERE!
::Teen Help Member Since 2006::
::Staff Member for ten years::
~Blessed Be~
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Dream Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Points: 13,394, Level: 16 Points: 13,394, Level: 16 Points: 13,394, Level: 16

Re: 15 and pregnant - October 9th 2013, 07:38 PM

^ Lizzie's advice wins. You will want to do everything you can to make sure the baby is healthy and that you're prepared for when it comes.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount19

Edit avatar

Re: 15 and pregnant - October 9th 2013, 08:00 PM

Hey, I'm glad you are being calm about this and that your mother is being supportive. You should ask her why she's blaming herself, though. It's nothing to do with bad parenthood on her part or irresponsibility on your part. Neither of you did anything wrong; it just happened, life throws us curveballs sometimes.

I'm glad you have a bit of a plan for now. You know you want to work, but maybe when you're child's a bit older, like in five or six years, you can return to school and get a license to teach or something... you did say you love working with children!

I want to wish you the best of luck. We'll be here for you throughout your whole pregnancy if you want support or have any questions!
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
jessica96 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 6,124, Level: 11 Points: 6,124, Level: 11 Points: 6,124, Level: 11

Re: 15 and pregnant - October 9th 2013, 10:49 PM

im sixteen and 33 weeks pregnant. do what you want to do, dont let anybody pressure you into abortion or any decision that you are not happy with.
i love my baby girl more than anything and i cant wait to meet her.
i am taking a year off and then re applying at college next year.
I am not going to lie it has been bloody difficult and extremely scary but it will all be worth it in the end, promise!!!
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Lelola Offline
I've been here a while

Points: 11,504, Level: 15 Points: 11,504, Level: 15 Points: 11,504, Level: 15

Re: 15 and pregnant - October 9th 2013, 11:50 PM

Why did you drop out of school? Are you even allowed to drop out at 15 in most countries? I thought a lot of countries require you to wait till you were sixteen.

What about being a nanny? Can you afford daycare if your work does not let you watch your child while watching the others? What if you do find daycare and the child becomes sick? Could you handle missing a day of work?

How responsible are you? Do you pay for everything yourself or do you rely on your parents to support you? If you do not pay for everything yourself including rent/house, cellphone, travel expenses (such as bus tokens or car payments/insurance), clothes, etc, do you think it is fair for whoever is supporting you to support your child too?

Could your parents support you to start college so you can get a better job?

Just things to think about.
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount69

Edit avatar

Re: 15 and pregnant - October 10th 2013, 01:31 AM

Hey there,

It is great that your mom is being supportive. I think that will help you while you are going through all of this.

You need to schedule an appointment with you doctor so that you can work on getting the proper treatment throughout your pregnancy. As stated, taking prenatal vitamins in a must and they can be bought at your local grocery store.

I think it would be a great idea if you looked into buying books about pregnancy and maybe even looked into getting involved in some classes to help you work through the transitions that you are going to face.

I hope this helped and I am wishing you the best of luck.
Closed Thread